Tossing my scale out the window! (pics)

Options
ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
After many years of trying to diet (very low calorie and hungry all the time) my way thin, I've finally "seen the light" thanks to a fantastic group of ladies on MFP who like to eat and aren't afraid to work hard for their food! LOL!

Since January 1 I've been upping my calories. Thanks to my BMF (bodymedia fit) I can tell you that over the last 28 days my AVERAGE daily calories have been 2260.

In January my weight was 125.5. After upping my calories I slowly lost weight until I hit a low of 122.2 in late February. Since then I started training for my 5th full marathon, so my diet has changed a bit (higher carbs) and between running and strength training I rarely have a day without muscle soreness. So I've not been surprised when the scale has gone up and refused to come down to the February low.

I weighed in this morning at 124.4. I measured this morning and since my late February "low" weight I've lost 1/2" off my hips, 1/4" off my waist at my bellybutton and 1/4" off my lower "mommy" tummy. Oh yeah, and I guess the pics speak for themselves. Just more proof that the scale does NOT tell the whole story!

comparisonpics.jpg

Replies

• adoraendut
    adoraendut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LIKE!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I just joined the same group of ladies this week and just upped to 1861 from 1200. I'm anxious to see how this changes my results. GOOD JOB!
  • Seppron
    Seppron Posts: 11
    Options
    Realy nice, glad to see more and more realizing this

Your body have probably found it comfort zone
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Looking great - congratulations! Right now I eat what MFP guidance tells me to and I am not hungry for more, around 1600-1800 calories. My meals are plant-based and that seems to keep me satisfied. I am working on the strength training and am seeing results, but it is great to be motivated by photos like yours!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    GAH! You look awesome! I just want to look like your before picture LOL!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Waow you can see a real difference in your 'mommy' belly as you call it. You look absolutely amazing. xxx
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I feel duped! Was expecting pictures of your scale flying out the window. :grumble:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    U look FN fantastic!!! I love your courage, but I'm still a wimp and DO need my scale.. once I have those abs, I'm beating my scale with a baseball bat:)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Love this post :) You are awesome!!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I really love the lower "mommy tummy" and how it looks freaking fantastic!!! Such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    awesome!! that's great news!!
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Just wanted to add (since it's a topic I see posted repeatedly) - my stomach looks like this AFTER two c-sections and baby #2 was 9lbs and I was gigantic with him!
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    I feel duped! Was expecting pictures of your scale flying out the window. :grumble:

So sorry! Maybe I'll take pics of that later. Right now I have to head out for an intervals run.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi- Your results are amazing and I want to learn more! Which group is this?
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    you look great!!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Wish I had the strength to up my calories but just so scared. Doing my best to get in what I am supposed in a healthy way. Still lots left to lose and definitely been struggling lately!
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!! Great job!! You look amazing! :smile:
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Love this! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I concur, I was looking forward to seeing pics of a smashed scale having flown out of a 10-story high window.

But, look at you! Good job, ebay! That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!