Tossing my scale out the window! (pics)

Options

Replies

• LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I feel duped! Was expecting pictures of your scale flying out the window. :grumble:

Me too, dude. Mad!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Pounds definitely aren't the end all and be all when you look as great as you do! :)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I feel duped! Was expecting pictures of your scale flying out the window. :grumble:

Lol... ^ this!

You do look amazing though :)
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options

This ^^
  • RLW0930
    RLW0930 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After many years of trying to diet (very low calorie and hungry all the time) my way thin, I've finally "seen the light" thanks to a fantastic group of ladies on MFP who like to eat and aren't afraid to work hard for their food! LOL!

Since January 1 I've been upping my calories. Thanks to my BMF (bodymedia fit) I can tell you that over the last 28 days my AVERAGE daily calories have been 2260.

In January my weight was 125.5. After upping my calories I slowly lost weight until I hit a low of 122.2 in late February. Since then I started training for my 5th full marathon, so my diet has changed a bit (higher carbs) and between running and strength training I rarely have a day without muscle soreness. So I've not been surprised when the scale has gone up and refused to come down to the February low.

I weighed in this morning at 124.4. I measured this morning and since my late February "low" weight I've lost 1/2" off my hips, 1/4" off my waist at my bellybutton and 1/4" off my lower "mommy" tummy. Oh yeah, and I guess the pics speak for themselves. Just more proof that the scale does NOT tell the whole story!

comparisonpics.jpg

Who is this group of ladies?!?! Can I join too? Think I need to up my calories but am honestly afraid too!
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I was hoping to see the scale go flying too!! lol Great results-very inspiring.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You look ....AMAZING.... !!!!!
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Bump
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight does not tell the whole story and that YOU LOOK FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Congrats on increasing your lean muscle mass!!! :flowerforyou:

However . . . rather than toss your scale out the window, one could consider buying a smart scale instead.

I LOVE MY OZERI TOUCH!!!! It is incredibly accurate and tells me my fat, muscle, and water percentages as well as bone density. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see water up, fat down, or muscle up, fat down, etc. I've even increased my bone density since I started jogging.

My Ozeri Touch Digital Bathroom Scale was $45 on Amazon and again, it is extremely accurate. It tracks this info for up to 8 users. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Everyone can benefit from a scale like this and a HRM. These tools have removed the guessing and confusion from my journey.
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So awesome! I love to see women who EAT, not STARVE. Thanks for the pics and motivation to keep bringing it! And good luck on the marathon!
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

JAjajajaaja!!!!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,139 Member
    Options

Me too.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

omg I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who came here to see flying scale pictures rofl

though nicely done !!
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    You look great - before and after!
    :blushing:
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LOL, me too. On the scale flying out the window. I had a mental picture :)
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Congratulations!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I wanted this to be pictures of you trashing a scale hahah!!! You look great!
  • snowbirdy
    snowbirdy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    you look great! thanks for sharing
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    great post! so true! you've inspired me to take my measurements tomorro!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!