it works body wrap

Options

Replies

• FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    These are not water loss wraps. They draw out the toxins in your body, and inch loss is just one of the side effects.

Ya know, I really wish the ER docs knew about this. Antivenom is crazy expensive!
    I laughed so hard I lost 3 pounds of 'toxins'!
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm shocked that in this day and age with information available at our fingertips, people still blindly put their faith in absolute bullsh*t...
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    They just dehydrate you. They are only useful if you are a boxer or wrestler trying to make a weight class.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Oh look, I found another NEAT gimmick. A reprisal of the old 'sweat box' (where just your head stuck out - remember the cartoons?)

http://www.tanattheislands.com/bodywraps.php?gclid=CPnd3ojXqrkCFa9eQgod8TEAvw

:noway:
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Only hard work and calorie deficit works..she won't get slim overnight, tell her to move her bum to the gym.
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    Saran Wrap, it's cheaper.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've read that Hollywood actresses have them a few days before an awards ceremony to look thinner. You lose water weight that returns as soon as you are rehydrated.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2w3tbip.gif
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Saran Wrap, it's cheaper.

Or garbage bags.
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    IMG_0799-1.jpg[/URL]
  • k_sinc
    Options
    Sooooooooooo I thought I would give one of these wraps a go becase the only info I can find is reps selling the stuff, and from people asking if they work.... I wanted to see if it would help tighten up my stomach area. I exercise 6 days a week and am fairly strict on only eating things that are beneficial for my body so it was definitely just to help tidy up my hard work, not replace it....

Well I left it on for 4.5 hours yesterday evening (I was advised by the rep I purchased it from minimum 45 mins but to leave it as long as possible) with a pair of super high waisted suck-in underpants to hold it on, took it off but left the remaining lotion on my skin before bed, and showered this morning. Visibally there is no difference today, Measurement wise I have lost 4cm (around 1.5 inches) however that much is probably just natural fluctuation.. I drank 5 water bottles before bed last night to make sure I was well hydrated (as I have read up on them and the main advice youre given is drink... a lot)... so I was bloated as all heck and still am from drinking so much water... I am currently at work on my 3rd bottle of water at only 9am. Obviously the more water you put through your system the more it is going to cleanse and flush out so I can only assume this will assist with the detoxification, and obviously keep you hydrated..

I feel a bit dizzy/light headed, my stomach isn't overly happy (probably because it's swimming in water), there's a horrid taste in my mouth and my tongue is tingling worse than if I accidentally use too much pre-workout. I guess this may be because of the detoxification process? but their website screams "the only side effect is smaller clothing" so i'm concerned!

My skin is certainly tighter, but at this stage no other difference is notable.

So my initial review is not to bother.. Will update you in another 2 days after the full 72 hours is up..
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The difference between these wraps and other body wraps on the market is that it is not water loss. Instead it is a detox formula that actually pulls toxins from the fat cells in the specific area you apply it to. In turn, it shrinks those fat cells and results in inch loss. They even offer a neck and chin wrap that improves skin slackening. With it being a detox it is also great for drinkers and smokers and for some that can be a dream come true

This is complete and utterly impossible bro-science. No such thing. Don't be suckered in by snake oil marketing.
  • stephyszabados
    Options
    Yes they work however, I am busting my butt in the gym to lose the weight and I have changed my diet significantly. ( no soda, limiting the carbs and no sweets. I allow myself one sweet cheat on Sunday... like ONE slice of cake or ONE cupcake at our church social. I like the wraps a lot but i dont think they have much to do with weight loss. They are TONING the saggy areas of my body ( my breasts and my stomach is all i have worked on so far and i see shrinkage in my breasts and my stomach pouch is starting to shrink) But I use these in conjunction to a healthy eating plan and a rigorous exercise plan. You have to really want it and work your butt off for it. I do not sell them, I am simply a consumer.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yes they work however, I am busting my butt in the gym to lose the weight and I have changed my diet significantly. ( no soda, limiting the carbs and no sweets. I allow myself one sweet cheat on Sunday... like ONE slice of cake or ONE cupcake at our church social. I like the wraps a lot but i dont think they have much to do with weight loss. They are TONING the saggy areas of my body ( my breasts and my stomach is all i have worked on so far and i see shrinkage in my breasts and my stomach pouch is starting to shrink) But I use these in conjunction to a healthy eating plan and a rigorous exercise plan. You have to really want it and work your butt off for it. I do not sell them, I am simply a consumer.

You might as well stop with the wraps. Wraps don't create fat loss. Fat loss is achieved when you create a calorie deficit. You can't create a deficit through a body wrap.
  • cndylabrecque
    cndylabrecque Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday I did my fifth wrap. I really saw a difference, but I have been eating better and doing the guns,buns and abs 30 day challenge. Today Saturday I just noticed something really weird, I wore the wrap 4 hours and got diarrhea and I remembered that I got diarrhea Sunday 2 or 3 hours after wearing the wrap 4 hours. Maybe it flushes the toxins out? I will keep posting my results.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My SiL sells those things online. She has an unlimited store of them, which she gets to use at a very discounted rate for herself. She has been using them regularly for about two and a half years, and is still fat, is gaining weight, actually. If that tells you anything about how well they "work".
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    OK, I am a little confused. They draw out toxins, how? Through the skin, bringing the toxins out of the fat cells and have your liver process them, chemically convert them and you breath them out? To draw them "out", don't they have to be removed from your body?

Then what toxins? and why does our body not treat them like it does any other foreign body and kick our immune system into gear and get rid of these toxins hiding from our liver?

How large are these toxins and what do they weigh? I ask because if the fat cells shrink, do they maintain volume and just change mass by becoming less dense or do the fat cells shrink their volume, become more dense and maintain mass or do they actually shrink in volume and mass?.... If so that is amazing. I thought you had to use 3500 calories of energy to burn 1 lb of fat.

If you have to diet and exercise plus have a restricted diet, how can the people with such great results know if the wraps really work?

For me I like just counting...I can eat what I want, enjoy my food and workouts and get results that I can maintain.

I call bull****!

Years ago my girlfriend's mom got her a spa package with a ton of detox wraps. She invited me along, neither of us over weight or jiggling anywhere, it was relaxing and there was a small difference that was temporary. The remainder of her package she used and let me use for special occasions.... Like really loving a certain dress and just making sure, that there would be no bloat when wearing it. We both viewed these the same as a great push up bra, makes everything sit pretty for the evening. They also made fun girls' days. The new marketing ploy for these at home ones is just silly, detox isn't new to these, the spas were claiming this years ago, and not being a full wrap, and not putting you in a dim room, with foot baths and cucumber water....well without those things, you even lose the girls' spa day aspect. :noway:

OP, please steer your friend clear, but if you can't....it happens. Sometimes people have to crash and burn a few times before they can make a true ccommitment to a change. If she does these, then yes you will have to be there but she will be 1 step closer to realizing nothing good will come from a fad.

ETA... I can't type, spell or practice proper grammar... but this is as good as it gets tonight :-\
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Using these wraps are like a diet or any other program.. you stop your diet and revert back to your normal habits and your weight will come back. Hello light bulb :)
    That would be a fantastic argument if I actually had to use a product to lose weight. All I have done is eat the same food I've been eating, just less of it. I actually SAVE money, not spend more. I have no desire to use something I couldn't see myself continuing to use in the future.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday I did my fifth wrap. I really saw a difference, but I have been eating better and doing the guns,buns and abs 30 day challenge. Today Saturday I just noticed something really weird, I wore the wrap 4 hours and got diarrhea and I remembered that I got diarrhea Sunday 2 or 3 hours after wearing the wrap 4 hours. Maybe it flushes the toxins out? I will keep posting my results.
    Wraps do no "detoxing" of any sort. Detoxing the body with foods, cleanses, wraps, hypnosis, tarot cards, etc. are what sellers of products say they do to people unknowledgeable in how body physiology works. Diarrhea is caused by:

Infection by bacteria (the cause of most types of food poisoning)
    Infections by other organisms
    Eating foods that upset the digestive system
    Allergies to certain foods
    Medications
    Radiation therapy
    Diseases of the intestines (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)
    Malabsorption (where the body is unable to adequately absorb certain nutrients from the diet)
    Hyperthyroidism
    Some cancers
    Laxative abuse
    Alcohol abuse
    Digestive tract surgery
    Diabetes
    Competitive running

Diarrhea may also follow constipation, especially for people who have irritable bowel syndrome.

You won't find a medical journal attributing wraps as the cause of diarrhea.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    50608242.jpg