Iv'e lost 11 pounds in one week!!!

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    400 calories a day until you reach your goal weight? is this serious? if so it is negligent.

it appears that the original poster deleted the post saying people should decrease their calories from 1000 per day down to 400 and stay there until their goal is met.
    yet ANOTHER assumption?? NO there was no editing from the OP.

WOW, some ppl are something else... with their comments. smh

If your doctor is aware and is working with you and is qualified they might suggest you keep it at a certain calorie amount to begin with. It's not like she suggested hcg or something People!

Most of us didn't come on this site when we joined up knowing everything, we learned along the way, or at least that's how it worked for me. Some ppl have learned they are better off eating their workout cals, some have found that doesn't work for them.

Each of us being individual should be allowed to learn along the way what works best for our body.:drinker:
    ( I am also going to the doctor for advice and a watch on my health ) just so you all know :)
    Sounds like she's got it covered on working with her Doctor. :wink:

she absolutely did delete her post saying to decrease your calories from 1000(already too low) to 400 and stay there until you reach your goal. please do not comment on what you know nothing about.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Please Dan don't, skinny fatness, that is not what I was measured at when I reached my goal weight before doing EXACTLY what I am doing this time around.

Do you actually know what my TDEE is? No you don't.

I used to do a lot of athletics that involved shot putt, sprinting and some long jumping, my muscles are quite fine.

I have been involved in sport for 38 years now, I know all about lean mass, muscles, what happens etc etc. I have also studied extensively in nutrition, I know exactly what goes on.

I have explained all this before. Last time I started to eat back ALL exercise calories and my weightloss stopped. I went back to 1200 calories per day and it started again and I reached my goal.

People can reel out a load of figures that will blanket across the whole population, but if those figures do not work for a person, what is that person supposed to do? Carry on because the figures stress they should? I don't think so.

I do not eat crap, junk or fastfood, I am always above my protein levels and eat at regular intervals and you can tell me until you are blue in the face that what I am doing is wrong, but I can tell you, in turn Dan, here and now, that I have done this before and it worked then as it is working just fine now.

The key is WHAT you eat, that is vitally important and is often forgotten on MFP.

Curb your anger.

I'll quote myself "This is the road to skinny fatness.
    >If you eat back all calories and end up well above BMR its okay but chances are you havent been.<
    "

Nowhere did you say to eat back calories.
    On a hormonal level if she doesnt get the proper nutrients while working out she wont even fulfill her Basal needs.
    Hence the "Skinny Fat" comment.
    Congrats on your journey December but dont take things as a direct attack.
    quite a bot of this stuff also applies to body type etc....
    You could be a total Mesomorph where lean mass sticks and grows without issue.

Me?

I treat everyone as if they were hard gainers with muscle and slow losers with fat.

It's why I have a 95% success rate with the dietary numbers i've run for others.

On a hormonal level if she eats 1200 cals and crossfits burning 400 cals shes at 800.
    After a while, hormones will hamper her fat loss.
    Cortisol rises, testosterone lowers, anabolism drops and catabolism starts to use lean mass for fuel resulting in lower LBM.
    Shes lost weight alright!
    The wrong kind though.
    It's basic physiology.

So December, you understand my statement right?

Don't talk to me like that regarding "curb your anger" I am not actually angry.

The last time somebody spoke to me like that was 34 years ago at school.

We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    Okay, I am sorry for the assumption. I have some people on FB that are doing this type of thing trying to sell weight loss supplements.

I do not know what kind of loss you have experienced but I hope you know that losing weight at a rapid rate will cause some serious skin hanging, which is not attractive. Are you doing a cleanse? I am a big fan of the acia colon cleansing products, if that is the case, good for you!

1000 calories is also not enough food. As a matter of fact, 1200 is not enough food to be honest. If you find yourself at a stand still in a few weeks or months, please, by all means, try to eat more. If you need some help with some good nutritious foods to incorporate to your diet, please feel free to contact me.

Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I should have not jumped to that conclusion. This is a little thorn in my side because of some underhanded things I feel that are going on with a few of my relatives.

Lesa

That was big of you well done!

So happy that you both took the high road. I am proud of you both!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Please Dan don't, skinny fatness, that is not what I was measured at when I reached my goal weight before doing EXACTLY what I am doing this time around.

I used to do a lot of athletics that involved shot putt, sprinting and some long jumping, my muscles are quite fine.

I have been involved in sport for 38 years now, I know all about lean mass, muscles, what happens etc etc. I have also studied extensively in nutrition, I know exactly what goes on.

I have explained all this before. Last time I started to eat back ALL exercise calories and my weightloss stopped. I went back to 1200 calories per day and it started again and I reached my goal.

People can reel out a load of figures that will blanket across the whole population, but if those figures do not work for a person, what is that person supposed to do? Carry on because the figures stress they should? I don't think so.

I do not eat crap, junk or fastfood, I am always above my protein levels and eat at regular intervals and you can tell me until you are blue in the face that what I am doing is wrong, but I can tell you, in turn Dan, here and now, that I have done this before and it worked then as it is working just fine now.

The key is WHAT you eat, that is vitally important and is often forgotten on MFP.

Curb your anger.

>If you eat back all calories and end up well above BMR its okay but chances are you havent been.<
    "

On a hormonal level if she doesnt get the proper nutrients while working out she wont even fulfill her Basal needs.

Me?

I treat everyone as if they were hard gainers with muscle and slow losers with fat.

It's why I have a 95% success rate with the dietary numbers i've run for others.

On a hormonal level if she eats 1200 cals and crossfits burning 400 cals shes at 800.
    Cortisol rises, testosterone lowers, anabolism drops and catabolism starts to use lean mass for fuel resulting in lower LBM.
    The wrong kind though.
    It's basic physiology.

Lol okidoke!
    =D

I just imagined your face while typing and it looked similar to this......
    fuuuuuu.gif

Thats all.
    =D
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Curb your anger.

"

Me?

The wrong kind though.
    It's basic physiology.

Lol okidoke!
    =D

fuuuuuu.gif

Thats all.
    =D

pmsl shut up :D
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Hug it out?
    =D
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, Bravo... Yay.
    It is so encouraging to hear of Your Success.

Keep it up. Slow and Steady will win the race.

Kiki
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    And like i said i'm learning along the way so i am up to change my diet when it is unhealthy and i'm not losing weight. So YES PEOPLE I PLAN TO UP MY CALORIES. You can all sleep better tonight knowing that ok :-D THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS!!

Glad to hear this. I've restricted to severely like this to see lower numbers on the scale faster, and it's not sustainable. Sooner or later, I would simple quit. I'd see it as a failure because I'd "given in" to cravings that were likely simply my body crying out to be nourished properly. I'd feel great for awhile, then my energy would drop and I'd wonder what was wrong. I'd feel weak because I couldn't stop thinking about foods I missed. The problem was I was on a DIET.

I've lost 11 pounds in a little over a month, a total of 18 since November. Not nearly as dramatic as the drop on the scale that you've seen, I realize. However, I haven't felt like I've been deprived for a single second. If this is going to be sustainable, it has to be livable. Therefore, I eat foods that I enjoy. Nothing is on the forbidden list, although it may now be on the infrequent list.

I went through a phase with a lot of Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines--saw very little scale movement, but lots of ankle swelling. Those things have a ton of sodium, so really watch your water intake, and try to limit how often you eat them. They'll keep in the freezer :-) I still have a few around for days that I'm too lazy to make a lunch for work. I'm not a big sodium watcher either, but those things really made me retain water.

Good luck to you, this is a learning process and a heck of a journey.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

johnny.jpg
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Curb your anger.

"

Me?

The wrong kind though.
    It's basic physiology.

Lol okidoke!
    =D

fuuuuuu.gif

Thats all.
    =D

That's the thing about computer communication, everyone reads a tone that either wasn't there or wasn't strong enough haha.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I wish there was a sarcasm font....

tumblr_lrvy204csU1qfu4tho1_400.jpg

Or red for Anger font!!!!

tumblr_lvwepirujK1qbjo08o1_400.jpg
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Wow, I apologize for my statements and people are treating me as crappy as they thought I was treating her. Now tell me what is the difference? Remember, when pointing a finger, there are 3 more pointing back at you.

You came into a post in the Success forum and attacked a poster. If you felt she was shilling stuff report the post.

Seriously people if the OP wanted advice she would have asked for it. This is the Success forum not the Food and Nutrition forum or the General forum. I'm not a fan of people starving themselves but in this forum either celebrate their success or don't post! There's nothing worse than being SO excited over a weight loss only for people to start making negative comments.

OP congratulations on your weight loss! It's a great start. Do look at eating more but try it gradually. I promise your body will thank you in the long term!
  • lgrier2012
    Options
    Congrats! Now get in the gym ma :)
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i just read the first page of comments and I have to say it makes me sad. You are posting because you are happy with your results. That's part of what this forum is for. Positive comments or helpful advice would be the most appropriate as a comment. Just know that if you decide to share your accomplishments, you will have to ignore the bad and focus on the good of people on here. There are a LOT of supportive people who are great motivators. Good luck on your journey! Sounds like you are realistic and also a sweet person. And as for the caloric intake, listen to your doctor or start researching why it is recommended to NOT go under 1200 calories a day. Best wishes ;)
  • thelms77
    thelms77 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have to give you kudos on your weight loss journey. Although people may be critical of your methods, you have to do what is best for you as long as you are not damaging your body. Every person is different. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. I woudl love to add you as you are what I need to keep myself on track!!! Keep on going and take your strides with pride!
  • gg1372
    gg1372 Posts: 1
    Options
    So proud of you sister. I have just started my fitness pal, so any tips would be great. I'm hopeless at sticking to things i'm afraid. Keep up the great work.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No disrespect intended - but this is an incredibly dangerous diet and should in no way be encouraged.

I agree. Especially this part:
    I find it very amazing that you do not get hungry on this diet and how you can drop your calorie intake so low and your body doesn't go into starvation because the vitamins make the body think it is still getting all that it needs.

Vitamins are not a substitute for a balanced diet. I'm glad the OP is feeling poitive and encouraged about losing weight but I worry she's going about it in an unhealthy and unsustainable way.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    So I take it you are fishing for people to buy your supplements? I also am assuming you are talking 11 lbs of fecal matter that you have lost via taking said supplements?

I really hope people are smart enough to not fall for this stuff.

Lesa

Could you possibly be any more rude? You just peed on her parade!! Thought MFP was about building each other up!
    Thanks for proving that theory wrong! Sheesh!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You know what boggles my mind...that someone is excited and new on this journey and wants to share that with other people...and she gets criticized immediately on selling products and not eating enough...cmon ya'll seriously?!! :flowerforyou:

^^^ This, totally agree with echo^^^^
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So I take it you are fishing for people to buy your supplements? I also am assuming you are talking 11 lbs of fecal matter that you have lost via taking said supplements?

I really hope people are smart enough to not fall for this stuff.

Lesa

Could you possibly be any more rude? You just peed on her parade!! Thought MFP was about building each other up!
    Thanks for proving that theory wrong! Sheesh!
    ^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!