Can guys wear sandals?

Options
Cameron_1969
Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
I was told recently that I can't wear sandals anymore (even to the beach or a tiki bar!). . that I have to wear flip-flops or "Sanuk's". . So what's the verdict?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wear Adidas sandals with socks and I'm a girl. Anyone can wear anything. It just might not look good...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    What would Jesus wear?
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Verdict? You were talking to a flip-flop or "Sanuk's" salesman. Wear what you want.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    I think sandals are fine as long as your feet are well taken care of. A pedicure may be in order (manly pedicure of course). I think it goes without saying though. . .no socks.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    As a Floridian, I see way more nasty man feet then I care to glace upon.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Personally I agree with that.......I prefer reefs (Fannings are my favs) but wear what you want.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I wear Adidas sandals with socks and I'm a girl. Anyone can wear anything. It just might not look good...

What she said. I think it depends on the guy's look in general, and his feet. Some guys can pull it off, some can't. My dad wears sandals. I just pretend I'm not with him when he wears them. :wink:
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Just no socks. But of course. My bf has a pair of "Jesus sandals" that are like 10 years old. Loves 'em.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I cannot stop laughing @ some of these responses!! I guess it depends on what your feet look like and who told you. if it was a stranger.. forget it. if it was your GF/Wife.. then I'd say go with their suggestion LOL!! i'm sure it's out of love!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Well, good. . because I don't feel like going out and buying crap I don't really like. .

But I don't want to TURN INTO my dad, either. . I'm sure pulling your socks up to your knees with shorts used to be cool!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    What would Jesus wear?

Now THAT just tickled my funnybone!

SANDALS, baby..............

I hate flipflops. But that doesn't mean that ya'll can't wear 'em.

Guys can wear sandals........however, they should NOT wear them with black, knee-high socks.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Guys can wear sandals........however, they should NOT wear them with black, knee-high socks.

Yes. Sandals only work with black, thigh-high socks!!

:wink:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Just promise you won't wear Crocs...
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

No CROCS!???
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

No CROCS!???

129181928998057686.jpg
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

But this is dead sexy.....I do mean DEAD....sexy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFahEttgBK_Dxr6IGNYfhX7012mZEbr3yJCuSGq8JApGe5ue3B9A
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

But this is dead sexy.....I do mean DEAD....sexy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFahEttgBK_Dxr6IGNYfhX7012mZEbr3yJCuSGq8JApGe5ue3B9A

To say that is disturbing would be a gross understatement... :huh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    In beach towns flip flops are much preferred over sandals on guys.........If you are wearing sandals near a beach you are either a tourist or 50+ Hope that helps. :)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'll I ask is that you wash your feet and trim your toenails. Then you may wear whatever your feet desire. : )
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear sandals, but I'm dress and carry myself meticulously. If I was in any position where sandals might be considered an option, I would throw on a pair of loafers or boating shoes...san socks of course.
    -wtk