Can guys wear sandals?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to a tiki bar today. . and all I've got are sandals. .. Maybe I'll grab some flip-flops from CVS. . ;). .Do they have to be high fashion name-brand flip-flops?

Go with Dollar G. For sure.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Personally... I don't like the look of guys in sandals, flip flops or crocs. Sport/trail sandals that look like open sneakers are OK. and the nails need to be clean and trimmed... No gorilla toes.

At or near the beach you can get away with pretty much anything except dressy (is there such a thing for men?) sandals.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I like my Keen sandals and have always dislike flip flops. unless you look like a surfing god, I think flip flops make you look like a bum at the beach (not a beach bum)

3011434_f260.jpg

these are great for river hiking, canoeing, walking in the surf on the beach.

ps and shouldn't be worn with socks ..... unless you like that kind of thing.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I was told recently that I can't wear sandals anymore (even to the beach or a tiki bar!). . that I have to wear flip-flops or "Sanuk's". . So what's the verdict?

Guys can totally wear sandals, but for gawd's sake, no socks with them!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I like my Keen sandals and have always dislike flip flops. unless you look like a surfing god, I think flip flops make you look like a bum at the beach (not a beach bum)

3011434_f260.jpg

these are great for river hiking, canoeing, walking in the surf on the beach.

ps and shouldn't be worn with socks ..... unless you like that kind of thing.

This^ I wear my Newports at any opportunity.

I've hiked in all kinds or terrain in them, and they're especially usefull around water. Their only limitations is if you play soccer in them you might strain your IT band.

If you have a problem with it you can try and take them off my feet.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Sand your feet down, clip your nails and spit shine your feet then put on your SANDALS! Only real men dare to wear sandals these days. It is like wearing a pink polo or dress shirt!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Sand your feet down, clip your nails and spit shine your feet then put on your SANDALS! Only real men dare to wear sandals these days. It is like wearing a pink polo or dress shirt!

I'm wearing a pink dress shirt. :wink:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I caved. . .I totally went to Ron Jon and bought flip flops. . f*ing $30 flip-flops!
    I'm such a conformist. . .
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Told ya, Dollar G! So disappointed.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to trim your toe knuckle hair.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I think the sandals look varies per guy....Some guys are just not the sandal type being the clothing attire...It can come off soul...but if you can rock it why not.....and have the appropriate feet go for it.....
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If he has not totally gross or dirty feet >.<
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I wear Keens for floating/rafting and flip flops for work and casual.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Please please don't wear sandals with socks. You look like a geek.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the Reef flip flop for men..they have a bottle opener on the bottom for my coronas !
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Verdict? You were talking to a flip-flop or "Sanuk's" salesman. Wear what you want.
    I tried on a pair of Sanuk's at an REI about 4 years ago as a joke. They looked like grandpa slippers, and I like grandpa slippers. I left the store with them because they were so freakin' comfortable. I know own three pairs of Sanuks (two shoe/slipper varieties, one pair flip-flops). Great shoes.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ha my fiance has a pic where he is wearing strappy sandals with socks YUCK!! This was well before me, his only excuse was that he was in Europe at the time..........................When in Rome right lol
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with no. But I'm a self admitted shoe snob. Wrong shoes will send a guy right to the friend zone.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the guy and def depends on their feet. I'll take sport sandals over boat shoes any day.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    They're YOUR feet. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't wear on them. Shallow people shouldn't be worth your time.