25g Protein for breakfast ideas???

Options
13»

Replies

• foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I make my own sausage biscuits:

* Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties (1 1/2 servings is 3 patties)
    * Pillsbury country style biscuits, the ones that come 10 to a can (1 serving is three biscuits)

Works out to three sausage biscuits: 24 grams of protein, 3 grams of sat fat, 83 mg of cholesterol, 330 calories total

For a little added flavor you can hit each with a couple of sprays of spray butter or your favorite low-cal jam. My daughter likes her sausage with maple flavor, so you could also brush on some light maple syrup if you so please. Fairly satisfying and you don't get nearly the calories from the per-processed, all-in-one sausage biscuit offerings.

Of course, there are all sorts of other things that you could do to spice it up a little more by putting on some sauteed onions or peppers, mushroom, etc. with minimal added calories. You could always add a little touch of egg whites too and that would jack up he protein further as well as the calories. If you did that, you could probably drop down to two biscuits and two patties and, with the added egg whites, still be pretty close or lower than the 330 calories.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of whey protein in my coffee, makes it into a protein mocha (procha?), 26g protein/scoop and also adds a bit of calories to my day.

Woah. Maybe I need to start doing this. Great idea!!
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Have you thought about switching it up and doing the breakfast food for dinner and dinner food for breakfast.

I had a ham samwhich for breakfast this morning and we'll prob have pancakes for dinner (well at least the kids, I'm having a salad). Plain Greek yogurt with truvia and berries. A glass of milk or soymilk (or other milk like milk). Beans. Turkey sausage or bacon. Fat free cottage cheese with fruit. Soy or Tofu. Steak. Chicken salad with nuts and fruit. Nuts. Oatmeal with added nuts.
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    1 cup of greek yogurt and some quinoa crunch. There you go....an easy 25 g protein.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump

My challenge is that I am allergic to wheat and dairy, so no Greek yogurt (boo!).

Good suggestions here!!
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat turkey sausage, egg white and cheese on an english muffin.

I know you don't want to use powder but mixing some unflavored protein powder into your oatmeal works too.

Have you tried oatmeal + egg white pancakes? Spread some apple butter on them and you won't even feel like you are (yet again) eating eggs.

I've found that chewing eggs is optional. It makes it easier to get down more than I am in the mood for. lol

All in all, I am with eriemer. I am not a big fan of breakfast food, so most of the time I am eating lasagna or whatever else I am in the mood for for my morning meal.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    can of tuna is about 25 g.
    add greek yogurt isntead of mayo and thats another 5-10 g
    and then you can add some cheese to it (super yummy btw) which will add another 5-7 g.

you can eat it cold lk this, or add an egg (or egg white) and turn them into lil patties and cook them up. :D
    its hot n cheesy n awesome. i usually hv it for lunch but i'll eat anything for breakfast. lol

That sounds AMAZING. I'm going to try it.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    bump
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    espresso + ice + milk (i use almond milk) + protein powder + sweetner = YUM
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    that sounds great!!! I like sour cream in as a combiner for tuna. Will be trying this. I agree anything is good for breakfast, I sometimes get stuck on "breakfast foods".
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean has 13g of protein per serving. Add some greek yogurt and you are set for an eggless breakfast.

Like!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats with 2 egg whites cooked in, a scoop of protein powder, and cinnamon. Very yummy. I'll also top it with peanutbutter made from peanut flour. Thats about 40g of protein there. Without the powder it makes 25 still.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    You could also look up some protein pancake recipes. I had one that used protein powder, cottage cheese, and egg whites.