GIRLS? Will my boobs dissapear? D:

Options
I'm currently a healthy BMI, but I have a.."curvier" build. I am 34C cup.
I am losing weight for cosmetic reasons, and I plan to achieve a much more slender figure by mid summer.

If I do lose about 15 pounds, will my boobs go away? D: Every swimsuit model I ever see that has the build I envy has NO BOOBS; I don't want that to be me.

Since I already have fairly large boobs, will they become totally flat by that time? I tend to distribute weight evenly, I guess I'm a "banana" shape frame if that helps.

Anybody with knowledge and experience would be deeply appreciated!
SIGNED
A girl who likes her chest the way it is. D:

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body. I always had at least a C cup even at my very lowest weight (which was really really skinny). Some people lose them though. If you've ever been at your goal weight, did you have boobs then? It's really the only way to tell. You could maybe look at your close female relatives, if any of them are slim, but even then it's not a guarantee you'll be like them.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    That's genetics, my friend. One of my best friends is a trainer and she's SUPER lean.....and has an ample C cup. Because she comes from a family of well endowed women. I lost weight and one of the first things to go were my boobs........but I never really had boobs as a teenager anyways, and the women in my family are all just flat chested. I knew it was gonna happen.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Maybe. Maybe not.
  • hoodziepooh31
    Options
    It really depends, however the first place I started losing weight was my face and boobs :( Sorry.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would! I get even more curvy when I lose weight. (36 DDD currently to 34DDD when at a lower weight.)

It entire depends on your genetics. Where did you gain weight last? That's usually where you lose first.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Totally depends. Also take a look at some old school pics of Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum---bangin bods and BOOBS.

I'm one of those people who will probably never have smaller than a C cup. When I was 18 and 110 lbs soaking wet, I still had a 34C cup size. I'm down from a DD now to a 36D, but even as I lose, my bra size changes VERY little.

However, there are plenty of women who lose weight in their boobs first! Totally depends on your genes. You will lose at least a little something, since breasts are made of fatty tissue, but how much is totally up to your genes. Even my mom, who is super fit at 57 years old and has gotten down to 20% body fat, she still has a D cup bra. We're just busty ladies :)
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    It really depends, however the first place I started losing weight was my face and boobs :( Sorry.

Same here and its sucks because I am a B cup now -.-
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I hope not!!!! <says ms D cup>
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body. I lost 84 pounds and when I did, I went from a D cup to a B cup. However, I was a B cup years ago before I gained weight. So if tour cup size comes from being overweight, then it will go away.
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    if I posted this, it obviously matters to me, so. yes? ;)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What these girls said on the boobs, but if you want that leaner/fitter look, don't worry about weight... worry about cutting body fat. Skinny makes you look good in clothes, fit makes you look good naked.
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! From what I can tell from my family, I shouldn't lose more than MAYBE a cup.
    So hopefully all will go well! The five pounds I have lost so far have been in my belly and arms mainly, so my chest has stayed the same, as far as I can say at this point. XD
    Thanks so much everyone~! <3
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    Options
    In my experience it happened. I went from 156 lbs to 135 lb, which also meant I went from a full 36C to a (barely) 34B. But in my opinion, you will still look curvy, because your waist will be slimmer emphasizing an hour-glass shape :-)
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I went from a full C to a small B :(

I want my boobs back - I guess it's just because my body had distribute fat there
  • sherabear27
    Options
    Don't worry about it, go to Victoria's Secret and buy yourself a Bombshell bra/swimsuit. :) Then you'll have the body you want and the boobs to match! No one needs to know but you!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Skinny makes you look good in clothes, fit makes you look good naked.

One of the BEST quotes I have seen on MFP!!
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As above....it depends on your body! Either way...you'll still be healthier! Keep headed for that goal! :D
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would disappear
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've lost ten pounds and the girls haven't budged. so it's possible.