What is the best exercise bra to buy???

Options
Going shopping for a new exercise bra. I am a currently C38. I had a breast reduction five years ago so just want a bra that is super comfy and will keep the girls from bouncing. Any suggestions?:smile:

Thanks
Xo

Replies

• missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am a 40D and my favorite is Champion. I used to get them at Kohls and died when they quit selling them but i found them at Target, they cost like $15 and the girls stay in place, i can run without pain!
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I don't have a target where I live but I'll check Walmart or zellers.
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    i've never found one! so i wear 2: a regular underwire bra with a simple TIGHT sports bra on top of it... works well for me
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I too had a breast reduction a few years ago and it makes it easier to exercise! I love Moving comfort bras (Im a 36D) in either Juno or fiona styles.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm bigger than the others it seems at 38DD/DDD (would love to have reduction some day), but over the weekend I found the first bra that has allowed the girls to "stay where they are supposed to be" - lol. It's a bright red Nike satin like thing and you'd think I won a million bucks. I found it at TJMaxx for only $14.99. It's much better than the Champion I paid $30 for. I actually jogged/ran on Sunday for the first time since high school and it was awesome not having to worry about hurting myself ;)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    i've never found one! so i wear 2: a regular underwire bra with a simple TIGHT sports bra on top of it... works well for me

Yes, I have to do this too otherwise the girls are bopping around.
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    I got my champion at Sports Chek and love it. I've also have a bunch of good ones from Lululemon, although they are pricier.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I used to get the little band bras with the tiny spaghetti straps but those just didn't give even me enough support (I am a B/C depending on the bra).

Now I like to get my exercise clothes from walmart (I know, I know, but I REALLY like them, and you can't beat $7 for a top!). I get racerback shirts that have the bra built in (sooo much nicer than wearing two seperate articles of clothing, I HATE layers :grumble: ), and most of them come with a little pocket for my music device. Super cute and keep the girls in check!
  • lcrabbs
    lcrabbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Champion ones ARE good!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just bought a TaTa Tamer from the Lululemon Outlit. If you have one near you I whole heartedly say : BUY IT! I love mine I'm now a 36DD so finding a good sprts bra is hard... Good Luck!
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find a good one! I'm in a 38H and can't seem to fit in ANY.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I JUST purchased a Donna Karan bra from Title Nine. I am 36DD and finding an exceptional sports bra has been a challenge. I am in LOVE with this bra! I'm ordering three more this weekend. Well worth the money. Separation, no spillage, extra support and it doesn't look like a scary contraption. www.titlenine.com. One of my dear running friends recommended the site and well, I'm in love.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber bras are the best, hand's down. It's the only bra I could wear alone for jogging, and the cup sizes run from A - HH I believe. OP if you live in Canada, they sell them at the Bay.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com sells Enell sports bras that are wonderful.

You can also probably get Champion bras from Target.com if you can't make it to a store.

My best recommendation, though, is to take a day and go to a local sports store, grab a ton of bras, and try them on until you find one you like. Bounce up and down in the dressing room, jog around the dressing room area for a bit, and test them out.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Moving Comfort Juno a few months ago from Amazon and I LOVE it! I'm a 32D and it really hold the girls in place. It is a racer back which is often hard to find in larger cup sizes. Has adjustable straps and doesn't have the uniboob look. Love, Love, Love it!

I did have a Shock Absorber when I was bigger (36F) and it was pretty good.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    http://www.justmysize.com/plus-size/workout/sports-bras/glamorise-no-bounce-cami-bra im a 48 c and this baby doesnt let the girls move at ALL (or very little and I feel like i stand up straigher with it on)
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like the champion sports bras, as well. I'm wanting to get something a little 'sturdier' though.

Suggestions?
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what brand mine are but I got them at JC Penney for like $15 on sale. They zip up the front and are "stiffer" than other ones. (can't think of a better way to describe) they must be lined with something between the outer and inner lining. they work great on my DDs and don't cut into my skin anywhere.
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wacoal Sport has some really great exercise bras! I am a 36G so finding a good sports bra for running can be a pain in the behind! They carry Wacoal sport at Nordstrom, I usually order mine online. Good luck :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch over the years but recently found the one and only that I think is really worth the money (about $25) and the title "exercise bra". I'm a 34 D and I get no bounce even when running or doing Zumba.

Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra

After trying it out I immediately bought 2 more.