What is the best exercise bra to buy???

Options

Replies

• Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    i've never found one! so i wear 2: a regular underwire bra with a simple TIGHT sports bra on top of it... works well for me

i do this too, i wear a normal bra under my Shock Absorber Level 4 i dont feel comfortable in just the sports bra.
    Im a 36G and i find it hard to find good fitting sports bra's without paying extortionate prices
  • CLRugbyMom
    Options
    I have worn Champion for years and I am a 40D. Keeps the girls where I want them and no underwire either!

Champion Double Dry+™ Spot Comfort® Full-Support Sports Bra Style: CH1602

You can see what it looks like on Champion's website.
    \
    Good luck!!!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38D and I've finally found the perfect bra!!! My dad is a marathon runner and I was complaining about why I don't like running and he told me that there was an article in his Runner's World magazine about sports bra comparisons.

The one I saw a lot of comments on for larger women, was for the the CW-X bra - although I thought it seemed a little spendy.

However, I would usually wear 2-3 cheaper sports bras to work out and the money I've spent on the crappy bras is more than I have spent on this one bra!

I bought it this fall and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I will never buy anything else. I can't believe how much better I feel during and after workouts! With a simple bra change! I can't say enough good things about it! If you are serious about working out and need a serious bra for high impact activities, this is an awesome bra. I have probably spent 3 times the amount of this one bra in the many I've worn over the past few years. I now don't find it such a pain to work out!!

Good luck & hopefully you find one that is perfect for you!
  • LatinG30
    LatinG30 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is my favorite bra it's from Victoria Secret, it's pricey but I love it : )

http://media.victoriassecret.com/product/prodpri2/V333107_CROP1.jpg
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Check this out:
    http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/bra-fit-guide?locale=en_US
    Bra guide..
    :")
    http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikewomen/en_US/commerce?pid=398987&cid=101101&pgid=398989&p=PDP#?ll=en_US&ct=US

This one is my favourite - i run and it gives lots of support - those puppies arent going anywhere!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ditto for Moving Comfort - Juno or Fiona or Maia models. I'm a 32DDD marathoner (down from 34DD and 36D at heavier times). They are my favorite. I think the Maia (with underwire and higher neckline) is the most supportive of the bunch, although I've yet to buy a new one in my smaller band size. The company is great - when the reinforced hooks on my Juno bra started to pull out (after only 6 months use 1x weekly and hand wash), I contacted Moving Comfort and they sent me a replacement!

In my opinion, anyone D+ cup and doing high intensity activity will need to plan on spending at least $40-$50 (and never buy one that is only S-M-L sizing). Always get one that has adjustable hooks in the back AND adjustable shoulder straps. Then, once you find a model that works for you, you can discount shop. I think many ladies find one that's "good" and stop looking - find one that is GREAT any you can't believe how crappy your old ones were. Like any good bra, your shoulders should be back and you stand tall - try to touch your elbows behind your back (sticking your chest out) - if your shoulders don't move too much, you've found a good fit & should try the bounce test.

I found the Moving Comfort ones when my local running shop hosted a bra fitting event - they brought in a rep from Moving Comfort to help you pick out the best bra. Plus, most running shops have a treadmill inside that you can "test" your bra on.

I've never tried Enell brand (they are custom-made and more expensive), but some of my fellow large-busted runners swear by the front-hook model. This is the bra that you see on the Biggest Loser contestants that looks like a bullet-proof vest (haven't seen the show lately, at least they used to wear this bra last I saw). I also hear good comments online about the TitleNine "Frog" bra, but do not personally know anyone who uses this one.

For something low impact like yoga or cycling, I can wear a simple compression racerback bra (the type you can buy at local Target, Walmart, etc).

You can also look outside MFP (Google "large bust sports bra reviews"). Any good reviews from large-busted equestrians are also a VERY good indicator that a bra has super support. Not being a horse rider, I can't contribute, but these ladies see some serious bounce & if it is good enough for them, it will likely be good enough for you.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like the champion sports bras, as well. I'm wanting to get something a little 'sturdier' though.

Suggestions?

NIke. Can't go wrong.
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i've never found one! so i wear 2: a regular underwire bra with a simple TIGHT sports bra on top of it... works well for me

I do the exact same thing but I just saw a sports bra advertised by Under Armour they go to DD mind you the women in the ad have no boobs and are skinny so watching them jump doesn't really prove anythng wish they would have showed larger women who actually need support.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I don't have a target where I live but I'll check Walmart or zellers.

Ok so you are Canadian? The majority of MFP is American and with your private profile that would be a good thing to mention b/c I bet 80% of the bras recommended cannot be found in Canada.

Personally I have found the workout tanks with built-in bras more supportive than bras alone. My biggest concern with bras is not just the movement but the fall out from under while doing a lot of jumping etc. It was mentioned before me that Walmart bra-tops are super, they are and in the last couple weeks there have been a lot on clearance for $10 or less so check it out.
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite bra it's from Victoria Secret, it's pricey but I love it : )

http://media.victoriassecret.com/product/prodpri2/V333107_CROP1.jpg

I agree, I love the VS sports bra collection, pricey but I love it :D
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The manager at our gym told me about the "tata tamer"!! She said it's kind of pricey, but they are amazing!!!! I'm saving up for one!!! Look online.

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us14&q=lululemon+ta+ta+tamer
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I always wear two as well - regular underwire bra and the champion brand from Target. I normally catch them on sale for about $15. My padded bra also helps with excess sweat - as I haven't spent tons of money on workout clothes!!
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm bigger than the others it seems at 38DD/DDD (would love to have reduction some day), but over the weekend I found the first bra that has allowed the girls to "stay where they are supposed to be" - lol. It's a bright red Nike satin like thing and you'd think I won a million bucks. I found it at TJMaxx for only $14.99. It's much better than the Champion I paid $30 for. I actually jogged/ran on Sunday for the first time since high school and it was awesome not having to worry about hurting myself ;)

That sound nice. Love red satin;). But we don't have a TJ max here. Too bad;(
  • jaddagraff
    Options
    The TaTa tamer or bounce breaker from Lululemon - you will never buy another sports bra again!
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    i am a 40D and my favorite is Champion. I used to get them at Kohls and died when they quit selling them but i found them at Target, they cost like $15 and the girls stay in place, i can run without pain!

Champion is my favorite too! Theyre so supportive and comfy.
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    I just bought a TaTa Tamer from the Lululemon Outlit. If you have one near you I whole heartedly say : BUY IT! I love mine I'm now a 36DD so finding a good sprts bra is hard... Good Luck!

Ha ha!!! Ta ta tamer!!! Too funny!
    We do have a place that sells lululemon so I will def check it out.
    Thanks
  • morningsun3112
    morningsun3112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad someone started a thread like this, I was just thinking about this the other day, I recently started working out and I have no sports bras yet, I'm going shopping tommorow and will use these suggestions while I'm looking around! I'm tired of holding my 38DDDs while I jog in front of the TV, lol.
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Wow!!! Thank you so much everybody!!! I really appreciate all of you suggestions. Your the best!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD and I just got a Moving Comfort Fiona. I am AMAZED. It is awesome. It is wonderful. I did jumping jacks and nothing moved. I haven't felt this since I was 10! I so wish I'd found it sooner!

I went to a running store to try them out. They didn't have my size so I tested a 40DD which was just barely okay on the tightest strap. So I ordered on amazon.com and got it for just over $25.