Creepster at work

Options
13»

Replies

• Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well they let the guy go today. I was not the only person to get harrassed just the first one to speak up. Thank you for all the support.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Well they let the guy go today. I was not the only person to get harrassed just the first one to speak up. Thank you for all the support.

Score one for what's right!!!!!
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have your husband visit you at work, walk him around introducing him..gets to that guy a nice firm handshake and a glare.

This ALWAYS and continues to work for my wife and I. I visit often, firm handshakes to the guys I meet, and menacing look in the eye to a certain guy and she's left alone by the moron in question.

If he was terminated for issues of this nature please take a precaution over the next month or 2. Upon arriving for work, going out for lunch, and leaving for work have someone with you, preferably a guy, group of women or your husband if possible. Not trying to scare you but some guys like the one you've described can hold a grudge.

Sorry you had to deal with this guy.

Ladies.... quite a few guys simply don't get the hint. With a good majority of guys you can't say, "Sorry I'm married". To them it means.... " DARN if I weren't married I'd be interested in you and jump your bones in a heartbeat". They see it as a challenge!!! Just say "I'm not at ALL interested in you, could you please leave me alone".
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I do not understand why he is still doing this if you have consulted with HR. You should not have to put up with that for one more minute. What did they tell you? Holy hell.

That is the definition of a hostile work environment. I would probably start talking to an attorney. I am sorry you are having this experience.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Oops. I should have read the second page, I am glad this is over.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    "I appreciate your kindness but I need to make it clear to you that I'm not interested in you on a personal level. I'm happily married and the inappropriate attention here at work is crossing a line. I wanted to talk to you before going to HR. I'd rather spend more time working. Please respect this boundary. Thank you."

EDIT: Oh. Nevermind. You went to HR already.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Next time he is near start scratching at your crotch intensly and mabey ask a co-worker that is cool if they know of any herbal remedies for crabs, mabey say something about your herpes being in remission, a few days in a row apply some makeup that looks like a nasty cold sore, let a big one rip at hit him, there has to be some way to repulse him, start acting like a total psycho, I could have way too much fun scareing him off haha
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Can you just say, straight up (and this might be hard), "Thanks for the visit but I'm really busy and I don't have time to talk." Then shut your door (sorry I don't remember if you're in an office or a cube).
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    All of the above - also, start logging when he is in your office, how long he stays, what he says etc. You will want to have this in writing for HR.

Excellent idea! Unfortunately we all have to CYA at work. Be direct. Be firm. And most of all...be careful!!!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Be more assertive, tell him you don't like it! If that doesn't work, tell your boss as soon as possible so you dont have to go to work and be worried about him every day! What does your husband say? Get your husband to give him a good hiding! Sorry, couldn't resist, I didn't mean that.