Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes

Options

Replies

• prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i tried these on the weekend....they were pretty good. i used ED Smith unsweetened pancake syrup....awesome!
  • lisajaneburgess
    lisajaneburgess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mollyfw
    mollyfw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mleih
    mleih Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    so mine had to be thrown away. Did you use cooked oatmeal, or raw oats. Did you use ff cottage cheese or 1% or full fat? Did you wait for the batter to thicken. Mine were so thin you could not turn them.
  • rugbygirlca
    Options
    Made these for dinner last night.

To answer some questions that others have asked, they are slightly moister than regular pancakes and not quite as fluffy as something that you would get at a pancake house (but in my opinion that's a major plus). When I make pancakes from scratch or a mix at home, I usually water then down with a bit of extra milk anyway. I would describe the taste to be somewhere between pancakes and french toast (which I love).

I had 4 pancakes (made with 1/4 cup batter each) and it was a ton of food for me. Both kids (5 and 2) devoured their dinner. Because of the cinnamon and vanilla in the mix, the kids hardly used any syrup at all (maybe a tsp each). I just enjoyed mine topped with fruit.

I will definitely make these again. What a great way to bring protein to an otherwise pretty unhealthy breakfast food!
  • mleih
    Options
    Still want to know if you used cooked oatmeal? And what percent fat cottage cheese? And did you wait for the batter to thicken?
  • mleih
    Options
    ok, I finally looked at the biggest loser web sight and found you use old fashioned oats NOT oatmeal. I may get the courage to try this again.
  • rugbygirlca
    Options
    Still want to know if you used cooked oatmeal? And what percent fat cottage cheese? And did you wait for the batter to thicken?

I used large flake oats (uncooked) and 1% cottage cheese.

I did not wait for the batter to thicken...was I supposed to???? I don't always read recipes carefully! They turned out fine...but in retrospect, the first 4 or 5 were smaller than the last bunch...
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've made these before with a similiar recipe from the Body for Life book. They tasted pretty good but don't have the same fluffy-ness that pancakes have. If you like pancakes these are definitely worth trying.

If you blend the oatmeal and cottage cheese, then whip the egg whites till they are fluffy and white, you should get a high amount of fluffyness!
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    Bump
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try. I have all the ingredients and will have to try this weekend. Thanks!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Whoops, also, fold in the whipped egg whites with the rest of the batter. Don't stir!!!!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thx
  • jazzguy4him
    Options
    bump

I think adding raisins would be delish...
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump bump
  • lishwish
    lishwish Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WorkingMyButtOff
    Options
    I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow !