I declare today: National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VE

Options
Who's joining me in this celebration?? :-) National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VEHICLE'S WINDOW" Day!!

Replies

• ashleyp35
    ashleyp35 Posts: 53
    Options
    LOL - I was just thinking about doing that today. I havent got on the scale in almost a month. I still feel great!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The scale can become your worse enemy! Or best friend. Depending on how you ise it.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    i sneak up on my scale like a thief in the night,and step on it like Im trying not to break the eggs on it somehow thinking i may weigh less if it doesn't notice me right way..lol
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My scale is heavy. And topped with glass. Not sure I wanna leave that lying in the road. :/
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Yes I tend to think mine lies to me...the clothes fit differently so that is bonus even though the scales does not seem to want to move.......maybe it is on it's way out...lol
  • Mskckaye
    Mskckaye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I join you in the 'TOSS THE SCALE' party. I just weighed myself a few days ago and was glad...lost 32 lbs I have not been on a scale since i started using MFP back in Dec. 11....I am not a fan of always being on the scale...it can break your motivation if you ask me...so yes let's do it toss that puppy right out the window...or front door....which ever you choose.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    My scale provides useful information that I try to approach as objectively as possible. It may not be true for you, but some people let their weight creep up because they don't have the regular feedback of a scale. Then they're surprised that they've gained a lot of weight. I don't like surprises.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    My scale provides useful information that I try to approach as objectively as possible. It may not be true for you, but some people let their weight creep up because they don't have the regular feedback of a scale. Then they're surprised that they've gained a lot of weight. I don't like surprises.

True! Thats why I said it can be your worse enemy or best friend. In this case best friend. Unless your goal is to increase lean muscle mass, which in turn is healthier than being skinny fat. Trust me, i go through this emotional roller coaster with scale ALL the time.
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i sneak up on my scale like a thief in the night,and step on it like Im trying not to break the eggs on it somehow thinking i may weigh less if it doesn't notice me right way..lol

this actually made lol! got some funny looks from people at work :p
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hahahaha I didn't throw mine out but I surrendered it to my husband yesterday! Eff those pounds, bring on the inches and reshaping baby!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

OMG this is hilariouos and so me.
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yeppers I agree 100%.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sometimes the weight gain is lean muscle mass. If we are sedentary and start exercising even if you don't lift weights you gain some weight because your muscles tone up
  • tameka1220
    Options
    hahahaha I didn't throw mine out but I surrendered it to my husband yesterday! Eff those pounds, bring on the inches and reshaping baby!

GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • tameka1220
    Options

this actually made lol! got some funny looks from people at work :p

LOL!! TOo funny!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I join you in the 'TOSS THE SCALE' party. I just weighed myself a few days ago and was glad...lost 32 lbs I have not been on a scale since i started using MFP back in Dec. 11....I am not a fan of always being on the scale...it can break your motivation if you ask me...so yes let's do it toss that puppy right out the window...or front door....which ever you choose.

Good job on your weightloss thus far!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Yes I tend to think mine lies to me...the clothes fit differently so that is bonus even though the scales does not seem to want to move.......maybe it is on it's way out...lol

YES! TOSS IT!! LOL!
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I wish I could join the no-scale movement but the last time I did, I gained 35 pounds! I absolutely love the philosophy behind it, but I know I too easily delude myself, lol. Plus, the way I carry extra weight, I have to gain a lot before it's really that noticeable. No scale is dangerous for me!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I wish I could join the no-scale movement but the last time I did, I gained 35 pounds! I absolutely love the philosophy behind it, but I know I too easily delude myself, lol. Plus, the way I carry extra weight, I have to gain a lot before it's really that noticeable. No scale is dangerous for me!

For the love of God! Dont do it then!! :-)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

True! Thats why I said it can be your worse enemy or best friend. In this case best friend. Unless your goal is to increase lean muscle mass, which in turn is healthier than being skinny fat. Trust me, i go through this emotional roller coaster with scale ALL the time.

I acknowledge that for some people the scale info is more of a burden than a boon. If I ate more or less the same number of calories every day, exercised religiously (I'm recovering from an injury at the moment), and never deviated from my regime I might be willing to try consulting the scale less.

I have a scale that provides a body fat percentage estimate as well as the weight. I watch that number just as closely.

Whatever works.