I declare today: National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VE

Options

Replies

• tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!

good! and explain how you got a tummy like that! please and thank you :-)
  • tameka1220
    Options
    i have a love/hate relationship with my scale. the last few weeks i loved it. This week, not so much. I think i become obsessed with the numbers on it but i just can't "break up with it" b/c then it seems the weight slowly creeps back on....what to do, what to do. LOL

Yes I was getting on twice a day! And we all know how your body can fluctuate throughout the wave, like waves in the ocean!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Funny I just also posted about my scale needing to disappear for a bit. It's not nice to me anyway.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I paid $20 for mine...I'd rather not destroy it.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    UP TWO POUNDS BUT NOW I NEED A BELT?! *THROWS SCALE OFF A CLIFF*
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Funny I just also posted about my scale needing to disappear for a bit. It's not nice to me anyway.

Put it in "timeout". LOL
  • tameka1220
    Options
    UP TWO POUNDS BUT NOW I NEED A BELT?! *THROWS SCALE OFF A CLIFF*

YES!! See, thats what i'm talking about!!! Proves me right! Thank ya!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I paid $20 for mine...I'd rather not destroy it.

use it to do calf raises!! just dont look down! lol!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a good digital scale that measures BF fairly accurately, thow it my way.
  • Countryslove
    Options
    I'm with you all the way. Throw that scale out the window. Mine hasn't moved in over a month.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I'm with you all the way. Throw that scale out the window. Mine hasn't moved in over a month.

and I thank you for your support!! :-)
  • tameka1220
    Options
    If anyone has a good digital scale that measures BF fairly accurately, thow it my way.

hopefully noone throws you any of those. i havent seen one that was accurate. try bodpod or the old fashioned fat pincher tool
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    $50 a shot + having to drive accross town? no thanks. Calipers can be just as inaccurate.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    $50 a shot + having to drive accross town? no thanks. Calipers can be just as inaccurate.

oh well... i tried... cant please them all. duck and cover from the bodyfat scales coming your way homie!! :-)
  • Jeff92se
    Options

oh well... i tried... cant please them all. duck and cover from the bodyfat scales coming your way homie!! :-)

I was waiting for the DEXA scan recommendation. At what, $100? The thing might be inaccurate but as long as it's CONSISTENTLY inaccurate, that's fine. Because I'm looking for the delta change.
  • tameka1220
    Options

I was waiting for the DEXA scan recommendation. At what, $100? The thing might be inaccurate but as long as it's CONSISTENTLY inaccurate, that's fine. Because I'm looking for the delta change.

Hah! I like that! "consistently" inaccurate... I never heard of that one the "dexa"
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I wish I could join the no-scale movement but the last time I did, I gained 35 pounds! I absolutely love the philosophy behind it, but I know I too easily delude myself, lol. Plus, the way I carry extra weight, I have to gain a lot before it's really that noticeable. No scale is dangerous for me!

For the love of God! Dont do it then!! :-)
    [/quote

As of Monday mine is in the garbage lol
  • Kimeanb74
    Kimeanb74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it...my scale is the Devil! :devil: I've now moved it under the love seat with the dust bunnies. I've started weighing every couple weeks to a month. Occasionally I hear it saying "Kim, psst Kim come here", I have to refuse. The day to day weight change literally was driving me CRAZY! I'd be happy, sad, thrilled, depressed etc... I love MFP good bad or otherwise I enter what I eat and so far so good when I do pull the Devil out, that number is SLOWLY but surly going down. :happy:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Lol @ Dexa being accurate.

Anyone serious would either get DEXA or Bod Podded.

Here is a link to my video of me getting Bod Podded.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Tghi8hMKQ

Mind you I was measured via the multipoint caliper measurement under 10%.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I'm all for it...my scale is the Devil! :devil: I've now moved it under the love seat with the dust bunnies. I've started weighing every couple weeks to a month. Occasionally I hear it saying "Kim, psst Kim come here", I have to refuse. The day to day weight change literally was driving me CRAZY! I'd be happy, sad, thrilled, depressed etc... I love MFP good bad or otherwise I enter what I eat and so far so good when I do pull the Devil out, that number is SLOWLY but surly going down. :happy:

GOOD FOR YOU!!