What will you do when you hit your goal ? Will you still be

Options
Just wondering... what will you do once you have reached your goal ? do you delete the app ? do you log off for good ? i wonder what happens if and when everyone eventually hits their ideal look and weight ?!

I might just disappear when the jobs done i think ?

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal, then I made a new one. Then I reached that goal, and made another new one. I'll probably continue the trend.
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I will probably continue to use the app to do bulk and cut cycles. I also like to know how much fat and protein I am taking in for the day so that is reason enough to keep using it.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I will use the site to maintain.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will still watch what I eat and use the site to track calories.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Continue making and reaching new goals. It's not just about weight loss for me. :)
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Honestly haven't given it any thought. I can't see myself logging everything every day like I do now - once I am successfully maintaining, but I can't see NOT being her either.
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    Not logging in will lead you to not keeping track. Isn't that what all brought us here in the first place? I would recommend staying on to maintain!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I will continue, my goal was to race (which I am doing), and this app helps me with my training.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Ill continue to come and support all those who have supported me. Only fair, and I'd like to log to maintain also. X
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    First Im going STREAKING! :drinker: then yes I will keep up the counting becasue its a good habit to have.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I will probably continue to use the app to do bulk and cut cycles. I also like to know how much fat and protein I am taking in for the day so that is reason enough to keep using it.

I have 19 lbs to lose before goal but I will continue to use the site for I will set more goals and try to keep it all in check especially on days that I am leading up to training for a 5k or some other type of training running/ weight lifting. We are all diffrent!!! :smile: :tongue:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Not logging in will lead you to not keeping track. Isn't that what all brought us here in the first place? I would recommend staying on to maintain!

I agree. It doesn't just go away and stay away on its own.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hitting your goal is a dangerous place to be!
    Stay with MFP because when the new clothes have been bought and the compliments die down, most people miss the Drama.
    Maintenance is as big a job as reaching a goal and with much less positive feed back. You seldom hear, "wow, you've looked good for months now." People get used to the new you. Its harder to "reward" yourself for holding steady. Though some people celebrate the number of months at goal.
    A maintainer I know still weighs in weekly and if the number on the scale, (or the fit of her clothes), isn't what she want to see, well then, back to logging every calorie.
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I will stay on the site maintain, As they say don't forget where u come from! Plus I want to encourage others who will join after me to let them know if i can do it so can they!
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I agree. I made goal weight a few years ago using MFP as a tool. Once I quit logging, the weight started creeping back on and now here I am. I am within 10 pounds of goal and I will continue to log calories to maintain.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I will use the site to maintain for a while at least....... These people have become better friends to me than a lot of people I know in the real world...... I imagine I will stay for them too. Plus, it will be a good way to keep myself in check. It has been a battle my whole life and I imagine that wont change.
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think that staying past your goal helps others to know that it can be done. So I will probably stay to give support.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm def going to stay on here. It will help me keep myself in check and help me maintain that physique I'm aiming for. Plus, I've made some AWESOME friends on here, so I'm definitely not going anywhere :)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal, then I made a new one. Then I reached that goal, and made another new one. I'll probably continue the trend.

^^^ This!! After I reach my goal, my next goal is to lift weights, and ill be logging in so I can maintain!!
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First Im going STREAKING! :drinker: then yes I will keep up the counting becasue its a good habit to have.

DITTO!....LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!