What will you do when you hit your goal ? Will you still be

Options

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll be here long after hitting goal to maintain my weight loss and to create some new goals and really change the way I use the site to really become myFITNESSpal.

Also would like to be able to continue supporting existing and new friends who are on the weight loss/fitness journey :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm at "maintenance" and for me, tracking now is just as important as when I was losing weight. Nothing has really changed from weight loss to maintenance other than I get to eat a bit more. But tracking, exercising, and being accountable are the only way to keep from gaining the weight back.

So for me, there is no end.... just a new chapter!
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I will continue to log on if only for the calorie counting alone to help with maintenance.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I won't be going anywhere. If i do i know i'll end up back at square one.
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    I think that fitness and health is a on going progress. Once one goal is reached, another is waiting to be set. When I reach my weight goal then I'm going to focus more on toning up and less on cardio. But even if I somehow become 100% happy with my health and fitness I think I'll keep my account to motivate and encourage others who are at the beginning of their journey.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think I will continue using it to maintain. Only once I am completely confident that I'll be able to eat healthy and maintain my weight I will decide if I keep using it.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just wondering... what will you do once you have reached your goal ? do you delete the app ? do you log off for good ? i wonder what happens if and when everyone eventually hits their ideal look and weight ?!

I might just disappear when the jobs done i think ?

I hit my goal and stayed on in MFP as my friends haven't hit theirs and used it as a way of maintaining it. I failed on both counts and here I am,trying to get those last 10 lbs back. MFP should be a habit and a remainder of how good health is so important..and also, to be there for others.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I just hit my goal. I'm going to continue to log my food every day. Last time I hit my goal and thought I could just wing it. I gained the weight back. I'm really bad at estimating how much I eat.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    i reached goal weight late last fall, thought i could maintain myself at that point and continue to improve fitness on my own.
    i was wrong.
    mfp is so much more than just monitoring calories for me.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I'm not leaving. I have to be realistic: for the rest of my life, I'll have to be careful with my eating and remain accountable. That is the reality of my life...
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Make a new Goal..........and as Dewey Cox says "Walk Hard"
  • nikkis01
    nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My relationship with food has always been a difficult one, its like being an addict, but unlike alcoholics and drink, food isnt somthing I can give up. Logging my food helps me to stay in control! Im a long way off goal and when I get there this will not be a journey Ill want to complete again. For me, logging will be a way of life but this app makes it easy to do and doesnt impact on my day at all - so Im here for the long run - to maintenance and beyond!!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I will stay on the site maintain, As they say don't forget where u come from! Plus I want to encourage others who will join after me to let them know if i can do it so can they!

^THIS

Eventually (months?, years?) when I have success maintaining I will wean myself off of the daily logging, but I doubt I ever completely delete my account. I plan on having babies someday and I KNOW I will need the help again to get that extra weight off.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ill probably still be here logging most days, but wont feel so bad when i take days off or go over
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    First Im going STREAKING! :drinker: then yes I will keep up the counting becasue its a good habit to have.

First thing will be to be where LuLu is! :happy:

Then I will definitely use MFP to maintain.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat an entire pizza, and maybe a chili cheese burger too and then wash it down with an oreo shake from Sonic. Then I will probably puke. Then I will continue to log what I eat and make sure that if I ever go up 5 lbs I immediately work to bring it right back down.
  • redi2
    redi2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hit my goal and made a new one, then hit my goal and made a new one. :) I will stay here for maintaining also.. Otherwise I am afraid those pounds might slowly creep back on me.. ACK!!
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Still here after reaching my goal and plan on staying.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I have a feeling I still won't be happy when I reach my goal. :(
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just wondering... what will you do once you have reached your goal ? do you delete the app ? do you log off for good ? i wonder what happens if and when everyone eventually hits their ideal look and weight ?!

I might just disappear when the jobs done i think ?

This is not temporary. I will always have MFP, I will always track my food and exercise. It is not a journey for me but a lifestyle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!