Oatmeal for lunch

Options
2»

Replies

• marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    *laugh* I have oatmeal every single day for breakfast or a mid-morning snack. Every couple of weeks I sit down and divide up the boxes, distribute one packet of stevia for each packet of oatmeal, and arrange my breakfast bars to be an assorted mix, too. Oatmeal is wonderful any time of the day. Why not?
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    If it works for you and fits within your nutritional goals, why not? I have oatmeal for dinner on a regular basis because it has nutrients that help promote sleep, and it helps to clean excess estrogen out of your digestive tract (which is helpful in my case).

Add some orange juice on the side, and you have a superfood combo. http://www.health-actually.com/nutrition/oatmeal-and-orange-juice-superfood/
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I ate oatmeal for breakfast and lunch yesterday so I could eat a big dinner. I eat the old fashioned kind dry mixed with yogurt.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I'll have it for dinner sometimes. :) love it!

Me too! Breakfast, lunch or dinner! It's good anytime.
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Totally Agree
  • beautybeyondmyskin77
    Options
    If it is good for breakfast, it must be good for lunch too.

Love this and soooo true!!! Enjoy your oatmeal anytime you want to!!!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not allowed.

Haha I'm just joshin
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I eat it for all 3 meals. Not in the same day. Sometimes it's my snack as well.
  • kellyemb
    kellyemb Posts: 18
    Options
    Add your favorite fruit, one of those little containers of yogurt, some almonds and go go go!!! I love oatmeal for any meal!!! Its so good for you!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it is going to be my lunch today!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you if you can just have oatmeal - I would starve to death on just that (just kidding) - i have to have protein with every meal to feel satisfied.
  • svazquez820
    svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i had some on sunday for lunch--quick cooking oats, hot water, berries, and a few dark chocolate chips. perfect :)

enjoy!
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    if i had some at my office, i probably would have eaten it for lunch! instead i walked to the convenience store and bought a Special K protein bar. it was okay, a bit pricey.

for breakfast (Mon-Fri), i generally have cream of wheat with cinnamon and a few walnuts. so i didnt want to repeat that.

oatmeal is great ANYtime!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    no sodium, no cholesterol and no sugars.............really an excellent source......and for me, its filling

keep eating, its 10 times better than a fast food burger and fries...........I eat it daily with blueberries, and really enjoy it...........Lloyd
  • skatters
    skatters Posts: 48
    Options
    I eat oatmeal morning, noon and night. Yesterday, I had two servings of pumpkin oatmeal. I add things in though... (and I usually add in 2 tsp of flax oil for the health benefits and nutty flavor)

Make one serving of Oatmeal per packet instructions... (I usually use lower sugar maple brown sugar) and then Add in any of the following:

Pumpkin oatmeal - add 1/4-1/2 cup of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and splenda to taste. AWESOME.

Apple oatmeal -add single serving of applesauce (I use the single serving containers) splenda and cinnamon to taste. (If you have apple pie spice, it is wonderful!)

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies - add 1 packet of diet hot chocolate mix and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (this tastes just like warm no bake cookies, I eat it for dessert sometimes!)

Creamy Oatmeal - Add in one container of any flavor of yogurt - my favorite is banana cream pie yogurt with fresh bananas added. A very creamy, decadent breakfast. After adding the cold yogurt to the hot oatmeal I find I need to microwave for another minute or so to get it back to HOT.

Nutella - 1 TBS of Nutella and part of a chopped banana mixed in

Jellys & preserves - mix in 2 or 3 TBS of your favorite jellys or preserves. Or even apple butter! (my kids add a bit of grape or strawberry yogurt and a spoonful of peanut butter - PB&J!)
  • PoetikLuvr
    Options
    I think as long as you are eating the low sugar Oatmeal then you should be good to go. Heck, it's probably better for you then most other lunch options.
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Really Good Ideas I will print out and try.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not allowed.

Haha I'm just joshin

no you're not. justjoshin is someone else entirely!!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal anytime of the day. But I use to hate oatmeal, isnt it funny how your taste buds change when you are on a diet