The 7 day cabbage soup diet

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    My fridge is full of healthy foods already...I eat lots veggies, meats, fruits...I was thinking it's more like a flush than a fad diet

Well...you will poop and fart a lot.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I tried this about 2yrs ago...Yes it works loss like 7pds...but as soon as I start eating regular foods gain...Just like most of the quick fixes....FAIL!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    My fridge is full of healthy foods already...I eat lots veggies, meats, fruits...I was thinking it's more like a flush than a fad diet

I do that now...
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to do anything like this to yourself.. You might as well fast for a week.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Are you going to eat your calories in soup? That would probably be a lot of soup. Why wouldn't you follow this site? Eat healthy and exercise and eat your calories. There isn't any miracle, instant weight loss. AND when you work out and start seeing your body tone up and get strong you can say "wow" look what I did. :)
  • EncoreUneAutreFois
    EncoreUneAutreFois Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I tried this once because I love cabbage, it looked pretty nutritionally dense (except for the protein, that is definitely lacking), and it's such a classic diet, I felt it was a right of passage. Ultimately, it gave me a bad mood and I didn't stick with it, and then I think I gained even more weight. Would not recommend.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I do that now...

OMG--TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! ROFL!! You're obviously gonna do it, so what can we say...have fun???? hmmmmm
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sure it works. Its calorie constricted. And cabbage is a *known* diuretic. Add daily cabbage soup to pretty much any diet and watch the pee pour out of you...
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A friend tried it and I *kind of* did it with her. We experimented with the soup adding different flavors and using different types of cabbage. It's fun and yummy if you like cabbage (I do) but I wouldn't do it expecting to lose any weight long term
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    The first day is soup and fruits

The second day is soup and veggies (1 potato)

The third day is soup, fruits & veggies

Fourth day, soup, add bananas & skim milk

Fifth day, soup, add tomatoes and meat

Sixth day, soup, steak and green leafy veggies

Seventh day, brown rice, unsweetened cranberry juice veggies

So, it's not super restricted to just soup...

Not super restricted? But you're having cabbage soup every day, I fail to see how that is "not super restricted".

Seriously, if you already know that you have organs that will "detox" your system and that you should really make a lifestyle change, why the heck did you post this? :laugh:
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Why eat just soup when there are soooo many other things you can eat and still lose weight.....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Geez, postal people

Just asking people who've done it what they thought...

Encore, thanks for your honest feedback...I probably wouldn't last on it either...I like vodka way to much
    Thisismiss, thanks, of course not long term...kind of just a challenge, what does it hurt? It's 7 days.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Yes I know someone that was recommended this before a surgery by their physician. They did manage to keep the weight off but they changed their lifestyle accordingly. It might be okay if all you needed to lose was 5 pounds but you certainly cant do it and then expect to go back to eating what you did before or you will gain the weight back. I have to say though I am a weird one because I liked the taste and have made it to eat for lunch but the actual diet is very strict and I think making permanent changes you can live with forever is better.

Of course, you have to learn to eat good foods. I was thinking if anyone did it has a kind of detox flushing. I know, I know, that's what your liver is for.

Then why do you want to do this? There's nothing magic in this diet that will shrink your adipose tissue.
  • B3h1ndgr33neyez
    B3h1ndgr33neyez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am picturing tummy aches. (Gassy)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    @nope...I didn't say I was going to do it..but, I am curious. I know someone doing it and they don't seem to mind it. I'm not sure I could handle it.

However, I said I was curious about how people responded to this. I don't even know if I like cabbage soup...so, that would not get me very far. Honestly, what's wrong with eating a healthy veggie soup and fruits for a day.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I remember doign the cabbage soup diet many many years ago...

You will lose a handful of pounds, but you have to eat a LOT of soup and it will make you gassy.. hahah
    and as soon as you finish the diet it will come back..
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!, i do it 2 to 3 times a year!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It only makes me think of cabbage farts. I'd rather have protein farts that smell like strawberries.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of cabbage soup a day, and I've lost 71 lbs in a week and a half. The downside: I don't have the energy to fart. :(
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My mum seems to have a pressure cooker of the cabbage soup on the go at all times. I don't think she sticks to the rest of the diet as such, just uses the soup to fill throughout the day then might have a meal - or might just have more soup.

It. Smells. Bad.

I am of course talking the bi-products here, the soup itself is actually quite nice, but I just couldn't live my life smelling so bad it drives people away. Honestly, last time I visited, I left!

One to do in the secrecy of your own home, where you have no need to visit or be visited!