The 7 day cabbage soup diet

Options

Replies

• MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    NO CABBAGE SOUP DIET!

Just eat within your calorie range!

Why would ANYONE //DO THIS TO THEMSELVES//.

Nggggrrrrngnngngggggggggggg... *handfuls of hair*

Amen to this! Do not do it!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @nope...I didn't say I was going to do it..but, I am curious. I know someone doing it and they don't seem to mind it. I'm not sure I could handle it.

However, I said I was curious about how people responded to this. I don't even know if I like cabbage soup...so, that would not get me very far. Honestly, what's wrong with eating a healthy veggie soup and fruits for a day.

First of all, anyone here who isn't going to give her constructive feedback needs to just leave. It's fine to tell her it's a bad idea, but don't go around calling people stupid. That's not what this site is for.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea, simply because it's not a balanced diet and the weight loss is temporary.

As for doing it for detox purposes, I don't know enough about detoxing to completely discredit that, but I have heard that generally the best detoxes are water, natural juice, or raw fruits/veggies. My guess is that depending on how you make the soup, the amount of sodium in it might not make it the best option for detoxing.

I don't think doing it would necessarily hurt your body if it's only for a few days, but I can't see it helping and it could possibly lead to a binge after if you feel too restricted by it.

Hope that helps somewhat, and good luck on whatever you decide :)
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. Ever. Change the way you eat.

Eat healthy meals and snacks, within your calorie limits. Get your macro nutrients, your fiber, your calcium and yes, even your healthy fats.

Exercise. Walk, bike, run, swim, whatever.

Make the change for good. Please don't chase diet fixes. They rarely work long-term.

Nobody gained that 10, 20 or 100 pounds you want to lose overnight. Nobody should expect to lose it that way either.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I've done this diet several times over the years. Its fine. The soup tastes really good if you play with the herbs and spices and create the taste you like. Sometimes I've added chilli. But I stopped using cabbage after the first time, because of all the reasons people have pointed out :laugh:

But after a few days, no matter how good the soup tastes, it becomes.........boring! You know what I mean, eat the same thing every day and you just get sick of it :laugh:

I've even added meat to the soup, just to add protein in. It's not very healthy in that respect, hardly any protein. And no fats. So make sure you take some EFA supplements.

anyway, I think it just depends on your motives. If you think you will lose 10lbs in a week, and its a quick fix, you will be disappointed. It's mostly water weight that goes (so goes back on the next week) And to be honest, you get quite constipated too.

But if you want to prove to yourself you can cut out junk, get disciplined in eating healthily and are quite happy to modify things, then go ahead :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Wow, I want to reply but I don't even know where to begin. The response on here is all over the frickin' board! Constructive critism people please!

My boss told me a few days ago that she was starting this diet and really wanted someone to commit to it with her. I workout regularly and eat healthy but i've been stuck in a nasty plateau for weeks now so what could it hurt. I'm on day 3 and have lost 3lbs. I'm not starving, in fact i'm managing to eat pretty close to my calorie goals. I'm keeping an eye on all my nutrient levels and take my daily vitamins as well. I have made a lifestyle change and am dedicated to being healthy... this diet is just an experimently boost for me right now. I'll let ya know how it works out for but i'll tell ya right now... if it gets me into the 140's i'm won't see 150's pop up on my scale again, that's for sure!
  • brookenotme
    Options
    I made cabbage soup this morning not for any diet but just because I wanted some different veggies. it was tasty and a filling but not my choice for 24/7. I think trying different healthy foods is great but add it to your existing diet not just the soup alone. Have a great day!
  • dherrmanmom
    Options
    I never tried the actual diet but a few years ago I knew someone who did (I think she lasted a day or two). She fixed some soup for me and it tasted awesome, but I recall it was pretty expensive to make, plus a pain to store.
  • karen_dulaney
    karen_dulaney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are doing this diet, we are on day one. The flavor is quite nice, it's very fresh. Yes it has created a bit of gas, on Bowl 2, I will use beano tomorrow. I'm eating an apple, now and drinking water and Cranberry Juice today. Maybe an orange later.

I believe it will serve as somewhat of a detox, but someday I would like to do a Liver Detox, as well.
    I've been on a Plant based diet for about 2 weeks, and that was after watching Joe Cross on Netflix, "Sick and Tired, and Nearly Dead" Loved it and Please checkout T. Colin Campbell's website, https://nutritionstudies.org It is full of recipes for Plant based meals. I also started back at the gym last week, I started out Walking, jogging, Treadmill, stretching before and after, and started on arm weights. I'm not trying to kill myself, just starting back and beginning the lifestyle change to lose 30-40 lbs, so, when I lose my 7-10 lbs on this Cabbage diet, I'll keep going. We plan on eating very little, beef, pork, or meat in general. Very little chicken, and fish. But, will splurge about once a week, on meat.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    ummm, why has this thread been revived 5 years later??????? :s
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Op... this sounds utterly miserable and farty.

Just eat in a deficit. Just eat food.
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    The first day is soup and fruits

The second day is soup and veggies (1 potato)

The third day is soup, fruits & veggies

Fourth day, soup, add bananas & skim milk

Fifth day, soup, add tomatoes and meat

Sixth day, soup, steak and green leafy veggies

Seventh day, brown rice, unsweetened cranberry juice veggies

So, it's not super restricted to just soup...
    Huh?

Going by what you wrote, it is super restricted...
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The first day is soup and fruits

The second day is soup and veggies (1 potato)

The third day is soup, fruits & veggies

Fourth day, soup, add bananas & skim milk

Fifth day, soup, add tomatoes and meat

Sixth day, soup, steak and green leafy veggies

Seventh day, brown rice, unsweetened cranberry juice veggies

So, it's not super restricted to just soup...

Regardless, it's not teaching you how to eat "normally" while staying within your calorie range. What is the plan after 7 days? Why not just start that plan now and avoid the 7 day cabbage-athon?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ummm, why has this thread been revived 5 years later??????? :s

Big Cabbage has reps going around and bumping threads about cabbage and cabbage-based diets.

The Cabbage Patch Kids are going to be so angry. :rage:
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I tweaked the recipe for the soup a bit, and really like it as a soup, but have never done the diet.
    The soup is flavorful and I put in a lot of veggies. Good way to get your veggies in.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm sure 5 years later the OP has long given up on this nonsense. To the gal who felt the need to revive it however, if you are having serious problems with your liver that require some sort of intervention, that should be done in a professional medical setting, not by eating soup.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I didn't know that still existed. I tried it back in the 90s. By the third day, the smell of the soup was nauseating! Lol
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm sure 5 years later the OP has long given up on this nonsense. To the gal who felt the need to revive it however, if you are having serious problems with your liver that require some sort of intervention, that should be done in a professional medical setting, not by eating soup.

Lol. I didn't even notice the dates. :D
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am interested in this 7 day cabbage soup diet.

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/download-your-free-report/

Has anyone tried it?

I am expecting that I will have to jazz up the soup and make it more palatable. I am also expecting that I will have a lot of gas from the cabbage. Right now, I am not sure that I even would like cabbage in a soup.

Any thoughts?

The Dolly Parton Diet........I did this way back in the 1980's. I'm sure I lost a few pounds (of water weight)....and then gained it all back when I resumed eating "normally" again.

This is the problem with fad diets. They don't really teach you about your current eating habits....the habits that made me fat in the first place.

Just eat regular food.....food you like to eat. BUT, be accountable. Measure & log your portions. This will give you insight for maintenance.

OOPS! NECRO THREAD ALERT