Goal Reached: 114lbs. Lost for my 32nd Birthday

Options
♥Amy♥
♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
I'm nervous about posting this, but thought maybe my experience could help someone.

Today is my 435th day on MFP and I thought I'd share my success story. I reached my goal of 114 lbs. lost on my 32nd birthday (March 9th), going from 223 lbs. to 109 lbs. (I'm 4 ft. 11)

I started my weight loss journey in August/September 2010 by first just reducing my portions and *attempting* to make smarter choices. Once I joined MFP in January 2011, a lot changed. I realized that pretty much everything I was eating was pure crap. I didn't eat any fruits and/or veggies, only ate pre-pacakged and processed foods and didn't exercise at all. Thanks to MFP and all my great friends on here, I have made such a change in not only my life, but my husband and 2 sons' lives as well. Just from the changes I have made on what I cook for meals and buy for snacks (fresh fruits & veggies, etc.), my husband has lost 50 lbs.

I don't belong to a gym (there aren't any with childcare in our small town) and I don't have any exercise equipment at home. I started off just walking around our subdivision and doing the Wii (Wii Sports, Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance 2, Zumba & EA Active 2). I began running in December of 2011 and love it (although I can't run now due to a knee injury and doctor's instructions).

I am working on maintaining and starting next week, slowly getting back to running and strength training.

This picture is from July 2010 (223 lbs.)
4087981_9013-2.jpg

This is from March 10th, 2012 (109 lbs.)
IMG_0513.jpg

Replies

• jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! You lost a whole person!! Congrats!
  • m3talmalitia
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! GOOD FOR YOU!:drinker:
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and look fantastic!
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    WoW!!! Amazing! Congrats!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You deserve some serious high fives. That is an amazing transformation! :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I JUST LOVE YOU AMY!!! I'm so proud of you! You're my inspiration every day!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you are one of MFPals, You are truly an inspiration, and you look awesome!!
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a transformation!! You look lovely!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You're amazing and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing, you look awesome. I know you must be so happy!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow! You lost a whole person, looking good :D
  • fatwizard
    Options
    I also said wow when I saw your before and after pictures - we also share a birthday!
  • fatwizard
    Options
    I also said wow when I saw your before and after pictures - we also share a birthday!

Ooops! Signed in under my husband's user name! I'm sfalk1977.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. Amazing job!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    WOWSA!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Just amazing!!!! Great Job and Congratulations!!!!!!!! Happy belated birthday to you as well!
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Holy WOW! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Inspirational. Good for you!!!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Most Excellent:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: What a success story it's always great to hear that another 4'11" person reached their goal:flowerforyou: My #1 Son's birthday was March 9th too...so Happy Birthday!
  • saraa281
    saraa281 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow!!! How inspiring!!! I am new and would love to know how you did it? Calorie counting and how much and often on the exercise?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!