Why don't I get hit on?

Options
Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
Probably becuase I'm a middle aged guy that works out a family oriented gym like the YMCA. But with that, I'd like to know how women actually do hit on guys at the gym. Inquiring minds have to know.

I once caught a woman trying to sneak up behind me with a big club but I turned around and she quickly went the other way. Odd workout outfit though
raquel_welch_29.jpg

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My response to this thread was deemed offensive and irretrievably meanie-pants by the lords of discipline, thus all that's left is this explanation and the sound of buzzards humping.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym. Even if someone wanted to, I probably don't look very "approachable."

Scratch that, I've never been hit on by a woman *shudder*
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    just go up and start talking to them,, simple!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Usually started with a smile, and then asking for a spot. From there it was easy.

Generally speaking, once I spotted a bench, or he spotted a squat, it was a done deal...

OP - if I was single I'd hit on you. BTW - I work out at the Y...MCA too... :blushing:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You must have missed the list of important factors outlined on the original "why don't I get hit on" thread:

* Tall women are scary
    * Redheads are intimidating
    * Men might be afraid I could beat them up because I am in good shape
    * I might be noticed and not realize it
    * I need to smile more and make eye contact
    * Being shy can come across as unapproachable
    * A lack of confidence shows up
    * Alcohol loosens up inhibitions
    * Wear heels with confidence
    * Wear flats so I'm not so tall
    * Even if I am attractive to look at, a crappy personality might make me unattractive

You're a guy, so you can scratch the tall woman thing, along with the redhead part (since it looks like you're a brunette), smile pretty and make eye contact, start wearing heels or stop wearing them if you are already, drink some tequila, and change your personality.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Heels are going to totally screw up my squat and dead numbers but okay I'll give it a shot. I like Patron btw. I consider myself pretty nice and laid back already so I don't know what to change to.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Heels are going to totally screw up my squat and dead numbers but okay I'll give it a shot. I like Patron btw. I consider myself pretty nice and laid back already so I don't know what to change to.
    Flats for your squats and heels for your deadlifts - it's the perfect solution.

Nice guys don't get hit on - you need to exude confidence and badassery.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I've found that my Old Navy compression shirt highlights my nips. Does that count?
  • CoryIda
    Options

I've found that my Old Navy compression shirt highlights my nips. Does that count?
    Only if you're in a cold room.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    First off, women like the natural aroma of a man, it's the phermones. So don't shower before you go to the gym and do not wear deoderant. Second, absoltuley no manscaping. Women do not want a man preoccupied with his looks. Grow a huge grizzly beard and let your chest and back hair grow out of your collar. Next, women like a man at the gym who grunts and screams with every set. It helps to also always throw your weights down. Also, never wipe your sweat off of the equipment. Women love man sweat, it's like sweet nectar to them. Lastly, between exercises, always put one leg up on a bench like you are stretching, but really you should be giving every lady a shot at the goods.
  • SwannySez
    Options

get a room you two! Moderators! This thread reaks of sexual tension and buzzard spunk. I have reported it for overt heel usage and wil go away now to try to burn the nipple images from my mind with hardcore drugs. MFP turned me into a junkie!
  • frilly7483
    frilly7483 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I keep being hit on at the gym by one of the new instructors - very flattering, I admit. However, I am at my LEAST attractive (red, sweaty etc.etc.etc) and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I'm at the gym to workout, burn some fat and leave. Just leave me alone!!!
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    First off, women like the natural aroma of a man, it's the phermones. So don't shower before you go to the gym and do not wear deoderant. Second, absoltuley no manscaping. Women do not want a man preoccupied with his looks. Grow a huge grizzly beard and let your chest and back hair grow out of your collar. Next, women like a man at the gym who grunts and screams with every set. It helps to also always throw your weights down. Also, never wipe your sweat off of the equipment. Women love man sweat, it's like sweet nectar to them. Lastly, between exercises, always put one leg up on a bench like you are stretching, but really you should be giving every lady a shot at the goods.

And this is why this dude will never land a chick;)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ummm maybe the people around you at the time arent attracted to you?or
    perhaps u need an ugly friend that way when you stand next to them you look hotter!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:
    1. You are so absolutely handsome that the women think you MUST have a girlfriend/wife.
    2. You ARE getting hit on but just don't notice the subtle hints.
    3. You are working out so intensely that women don't want to interrupt.
    4. Women do not dig the velcro sneakers.

That's all I got....
  • Jeff92se
    Options

get a room you two! Moderators! This thread reaks of sexual tension and buzzard spunk. I have reported it for overt heel usage and wil go away now to try to burn the nipple images from my mind with hardcore drugs. MFP turned me into a junkie!

Apparently I need to work out with you or next to you at least.
  • SwannySez
    Options

And this is why this dude will never land a chick;)

Nah, he'll never land a chick because he's using the wrong lures,125 lb test line and he patently refuses to chum.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    BTW. I've also asked how the women hit on a guy at the gym. Just so I'll know.

I'm actually married so alot of this in jest (if you haven't picked up on the parody yet).

On the other hand, If I'm attractive to someone, I'd be nice to know, ya know?! Not that I'd act on that, being married
  • SwannySez
    Options

Now I just feel kinda uncomfortable. Stop looking at me like that!
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Now I just feel kinda uncomfortable. Stop looking at me like that!

Don't be. You're just serving as reference.