Why don't I get hit on?

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Usually started with a smile, and then asking for a spot. From there it was easy.

Generally speaking, once I spotted a bench, or he spotted a squat, it was a done deal...

OP - if I was single I'd hit on you. BTW - I work out at the Y...MCA too... :blushing:

Cool. and congrats on your impressive progress.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    ummm maybe the people around you at the time arent attracted to you?or
    perhaps u need an ugly friend that way when you stand next to them you look hotter!

I have tried this method...surprisingly it works. Until your friend goes home.....
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Heels are going to totally screw up my squat and dead numbers but okay I'll give it a shot. I like Patron btw. I consider myself pretty nice and laid back already so I don't know what to change to.
    Flats for your squats and heels for your deadlifts - it's the perfect solution.

Nice guys don't get hit on - you need to exude confidence and badassery.

I've found that my Old Navy compression shirt highlights my nips. Does that count?
    Only if you're in a cold room.

get a room you two! Moderators! This thread reaks of sexual tension and buzzard spunk. I have reported it for overt heel usage and wil go away now to try to burn the nipple images from my mind with hardcore drugs. MFP turned me into a junkie!

Apparently I need to work out with you or next to you at least.

Now I just feel kinda uncomfortable. Stop looking at me like that!

Don't be. You're just serving as reference.

Oh, I see: I'm not good enough for you. FINE! You can just find someone else to let you in on the secret that the ones that really want you will sniff the seat of your stationary bike after you get up! Good luck figuring that out!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that I stumbled into this thread. It brightened my whole day. :)
  • CanDurkin
    CanDurkin Posts: 63
    Options
    You must have missed the list of important factors outlined on the original "why don't I get hit on" thread:

* Tall women are scary
    * Redheads are intimidating
    * Men might be afraid I could beat them up because I am in good shape
    * I might be noticed and not realize it
    * I need to smile more and make eye contact
    * Being shy can come across as unapproachable
    * A lack of confidence shows up
    * Alcohol loosens up inhibitions
    * Wear heels with confidence
    * Wear flats so I'm not so tall
    * Even if I am attractive to look at, a crappy personality might make me unattractive

You're a guy, so you can scratch the tall woman thing, along with the redhead part (since it looks like you're a brunette), smile pretty and make eye contact, start wearing heels or stop wearing them if you are already, drink some tequila, and change your personality.
    l

OMG! F-ing hilarious. My kids are looking at me like I've lost my *kitten* because I'm laughing so hard. Love it!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Heels are going to totally screw up my squat and dead numbers but okay I'll give it a shot. I like Patron btw. I consider myself pretty nice and laid back already so I don't know what to change to.

I've found that my Old Navy compression shirt highlights my nips. Does that count?

get a room you two! Moderators! This thread reaks of sexual tension and buzzard spunk. I have reported it for overt heel usage and wil go away now to try to burn the nipple images from my mind with hardcore drugs. MFP turned me into a junkie!

Oh, I see: I'm not good enough for you. FINE! You can just find someone else to let you in on the secret that the ones that really want you will sniff the seat of your stationary bike after you get up! Good luck figuring that out!
    Dang it Swanny - why did you have to tell people my secret?!?!
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I'm guilty of silently farting so I'm not quite peachy keen on a woman who likes the smell of reprocessed corn
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:
    1. You are so absolutely handsome that the women think you MUST have a girlfriend/wife.
    2. You ARE getting hit on but just don't notice the subtle hints.
    3. You are working out so intensely that women don't want to interrupt.
    4. Women do not dig the velcro sneakers.

That's all I got....
    Hilarious responses!

On that note, most women want a guy to hit on them, but not likely at the gym. We usually just want to workout and get home to our wine. :tongue:
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:
    1. You are so absolutely handsome that the women think you MUST have a girlfriend/wife.

That's all I got....
    Hilarious responses!

On that note, most women want a guy to hit on them, but not likely at the gym. We usually just want to workout and get home to our wine. :tongue:

Amen.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    My thoughts:

That's all I got....
    Hilarious responses!

haha. Okay so what do you do to encourage a particular man to hit on you? Or woman. :)
  • Joie89
    Joie89 Posts: 4
    Options
    You know, I think most people go to the gym to work out not to land a **** buddy.
    A- A chick wont hit on a guy in the gym when she's at her worst.
    B- Men just stare at chicks who do squats or any exercise that includes them bending over.
  • SwannySez
    Options

Dang it Swanny - why did you have to tell people my secret?!?!

No, Cory! I told him I wasn't going to...oh crap.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    You know, I think most people go to the gym to work out not to land a **** buddy.
    A- A chick wont hit on a guy in the gym when she's at her worst.
    B- Men just stare at chicks who do squats or any exercise that includes them bending over.

Logic has no place in this thread.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...HOW do I hit on a guy....I must really suck at it cuz it aint working!

I stalk the target. I figure out what his schedule at the gym is. I watch his every move like a lioness watching her prey. I learn his routine, which machine he hits first....where he goes next....how long he spends at each station....then, when the time is right I start shadowing him. Sharing smiles and glances, gradually moving up to "hi" and "how's it going?" And then after weeks of building up to the big day when I finally decide I am going to make small talk he walks in with this little bubbly twit, half his age, half my size and all made up like a freakin Barbie doll....

Obviously I don't do it right.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

I could use either one of you guys as my wingman!!!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Ahhh...HOW do I hit on a guy....I must really suck at it cuz it aint working!

I stalk the target. I figure out what his schedule at the gym is. I watch his every move like a lioness watching her prey. I learn his routine, which machine he hits first....where he goes next....how long he spends at each station....then, when the time is right I start shadowing him. Sharing smiles and glances, gradually moving up to "hi" and "how's it going?" And then after weeks of building up to the big day when I finally decide I am going to make small talk he walks in with this little bubbly twit, half his age, half my size and all made up like a freakin Barbie doll....

Obviously I don't do it right.

You just have to add the billy club. On the day BEFORE the big day.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I think I've seen all of 3 women at my new gym. If I were to get hit on it would probably be by some big burly guy that could bench press me (and I'm over 300 pounds).
  • SwannySez
    Options
    I think I've seen all of 3 women at my new gym. If I were to get hit on it would probably be by some big burly guy that could bench press me (and I'm over 300 pounds).

You've obviously come to the right thread.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I didn't know you could bench 300lbs
  • SwannySez
    Options

I didn't know you could bench 300lbs

Hey, he brought 3 women. I work out in the basement and the only females I see are the chipmunks that sit by the window and laugh at me. I say he's a valued member of this thread.