What have you learned since joining MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have learned what I am actually putting into my body

My worst habit has been "oh a little piece of chocolate wont hurt and a few chips"

well when I logged all the "little" pieces etc....I was blown away...boy does that add up

So I have learned a healthier way of eating and that logging your calories and keep a diary is a great way to get the picture of what you are doing right and wrong
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I have learned that my pants were too damn tight before.

This!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ***My "healthy" eating habits pre-MFP were not really all that healthy!
    ***It is not always worth the 150 cal to have that can of soda when I could use those towards dinner that night
    ***It feels like I've hit the jackpot when I finish logging my exercise and my GREEN allowance has gone in the 4 digits again for the day. Best. Feeling. Ever.
    ***Every step counts.

Most importantly, since joining MFP (and then buying the FitBit) I've learned that skipping the elevator every day and taking the stairs adds up to a TON of flights by the end of the week! <3 I never thought I'd do 5 extra flights "just because"!
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i learned that i had to be ready to lose the weight and keep it off, mentally.
    i learned that I CAN DO IT. one step at a time
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've learned how to lose weight the healthy way, and to keep it off, and I've learned that even though I don't love exercize I need to do it to in order to stay in shape.

I also learned there is no quick fix ...... you have to do this step by step, day by day, lb by lb and I will never be one of those people that won't have to watch what they eat and can do what they want. This will be something I'll need to try at for the rest of my life.

I've learned that I can put on 10lbs overnight if I eat enough pretzels and peanut butter (or other junk food......I am a sodium sponge)

I could go on and on and on......but overall I've just learned how to be the best ME possible.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    I learn that when u had a cheating day thosent mean u have to give up on ur diet or how ever u like to call it !!
    There is always a NeW Day to make ur life ur Heath even more better !!
    I also learn that I don't have to starve myself to loss weigh I can eat heathy and still loss weigh (:
    I learn that exercising its fun and
    That a number it's just a number !!!
    Don't get sad or mad at ur self just cuz u didn't loss a pound '
    Remember u can loss inches all around ur body (:
    And I learn many more other things (:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    All sorts of things. But most importantly, the tools and knowledge I need to make educated food choices so I can remain as healthy as possible throughout my life.
  • TEENASAUR
    TEENASAUR Posts: 11
    Options
    I learned that I use to be a pig!
    I learned how to watch what I eat and keep track of what I eat.
    MFP taught me to 'train' myself in a way, thus helping me to help myself!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I
  • nattou
    nattou Posts: 14
    Options
    I learned that:

- Ever since I've been listing everything i've eaten, I've been more watchful.
    - Ever since I've been listing everything I've done while working out, I've wanted to push myself further and make the calorie count even higher.
    - That taking breaks are good too and that I shouldn't stress it if I miss one day of working out because my body aches from pushing myself to the limit the day before.
    - That ever since setting the goal of doing Warrior Dash that I've been more motivated to do things.
    - Keeping a livejornal and recording all I've done in a day is actually pretty therapeutic.
    - Not having facebook to distract me is actually helping.
    - Because I've been working out on a daily basis, my body's starting to adjust itself and a lot of the work outs I found hard from the start aren't really that bad anymore.

Yep.
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I knew less about the relative energy in foods than I thought, and that I can trust my stomach to tell me how much I should be eating.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've learned....

...just how often I was engaging in emotional/mindless eating
    ...that I don't have to hide what I eat, but I'll have to work harder for it
    ...that there are so many more people out there like me
    ...through seeing the success of others that the whole "you'll never lose ALL your baby weight" is total BS
    ...that I no longer just want to lose weight, I want to be fit
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I learned that fear of failure wasn't a good reason not to try.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Best post EVER! Gave me a great laugh this evening.

Lol glad it made you laugh:laugh: ...I was being serious

I figured you were! It was the blatant honesty I found amusing. :-)
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    -You can still eat a lot depending on WHAT you eat; you don't have to starve and you never should.
    -Most any of my favorite foods can be tweaked to be healthier and fit into my calorie budget while still giving me the flavor I crave.
    -Most of your weight loss is determined by food choices; exercise is important but won't get you where you want by itself.
    -It's ok to mess up and get back on the horse.
    -Success is more about an attitude and how you feel than a magic number.
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    PATIENCE....It took a long time to gain the weight and it will take a while to shed it!
    I can kick *kitten* when I workout.
    The scale may not move but the inches lost are incredible!
    That I need to stick with it! Stopping and starting is killing me.
    That my good friends don't give up on me.
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a KILLER! I work in the middle of a big city and used to go out to eat every day for lunch, now I bring lunch and I have cut my sodium count in half (and am looking to lower it even more still)!

On top of that I"ve learned how to moderate myself and make sure I only eat the calories I NEED. Tracking the foods I eat has helped me significantly reduce my intake!