Hair Growth after a bad haircut

Replies

• astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
  • Biotin or prenatal vitamins might help, though I'm not the best judge of that because I've always had relatively fast-growing hair. Stop heat styling it and don't over-brush or load your hair down with product--the healthier it is, the better.

Also, a tip my stylist shared with me today for healthier hair: Use shampoo + conditioner every other day; on the in-between days, only condition your ends (you can rinse the roots with water, though).
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    Let me just say to all the people that are annoying me right now saying that hair will not grow any faster, IT WILL. 2 summers ago the same things happened and i took prenatal vitamins and a few other vitamins and used a special conditioner and instead of a 1/2 inch in a month I got about 3 inches of growth. i have hairdressers in my family and i am in training. i KNOW you can speed it up at least SOME. i'm probably about to do what i did that summer again, but i was hoping for more opinions.

QUIT TELLING ME IT WON'T GROW.

It won't grow.

:D

:laugh:
  • astorminside
  • i wish people would stop being mean on here. immature.

LOLOLOL This coming from someone who's flipping out over people telling her that hair grows at a certain rate no matter what you do to it.
    It's hair. It'll grow back. Not at the rate you want, but so what? Is your life going to be ruined because of a bad haircut? Try playing around with new styles that work with your shorter hair.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 227 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/513809-how-to-get-your-hair-to-grow-fast

Hair also does go through cycles I have heard where it will grow faster in the summer or spring and not the winter or fall. I have no idea if this is true. I know during my pregnancy my hair was horrible and didn't grow at all (and I was taking prenatal vitamins). My skin and nails were fabulous though..lol. Trying supplements won't hurt anything, neither will scalp massage. I started taking Biotin and I have noticed mine does seem to be growing faster.. so who knows!
  • astorminside
  • astorminside
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    you don't know me. so please PLEASE keep your opinions to yourself.

im so confused. you wanted second opinions but you want us to keep our opinions to ourselves? :noway:
  • astorminside
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    I had a friend that took pre-natal vitamins to help her hair grow faster.

Never tried it myself.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    if you had the answer why did you ask?

This ^^^^
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Won't these tricks make...ALL your hair grow faster? I say, shave it and start over.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    i want opinions about hair growth, not judgement because i want to grow it out fast.

i dont think anyone was judging you. i think you are upset about your haircut and taking your frustrations out on us. We were just trying to help.

I think you might want to take a time out.
  • astorminside
  • prenatal vitamens
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    i'll just delete the thread

good luck with that--you can't! :smile:
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    My hair grew really fast and got really thick during all of my pregnancies.
    Not sure if that's a workable option for you or not.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    I have a friend that is nail tech and swears by prenatal vitamins and water ( drink tons of it) for fast hair and nail growth. There is also a vitamin called hair, skin and nails. You can take biotin, or gelatin. I have tried all of these and well never any luck personally but I have friends who swear by it when they want to grow their hair and nails.
  • astorminside