when do u feel its best to work out??

Options
the title says it all!! would u say morning?? evenin??? when??

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it in. I go after work because I'm not willing to get up at 5 a.m. to do it.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ^^ what they said - when you can fit it in some days i work out at 8pm others at 9am it just depends on my schedule for the day and whats going on
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person - I have good intentions and then find the snooze button way too convenient. I like to work out whenever it fits in my schedule! Sometimes if I work out too late at night, I have trouble winding down. If I work out in the morning, I feel refreshed for several hours afterwards. Do what works best for you!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    4am every weekday and 7am on the weekends. Love it! Can't start my day without it!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Right after work on Mondays, Weds, and Fridays.
  • NWriceC
    NWriceC Posts: 28
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it in your schedule!
    After juggling College, Real Estate Salespersons school and working like 60 hours per week I have found that if you limit yourself to any particular time frame, you risk not working out should a conflict arise.

Just doing it matters, regardless of when.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I find it best to do my workout when I have the time and energy to completely focus on the workout. Sometimes morning, sometimes evening, sometimes mid-day.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person - up at 4 during the week for my workouts. On the weekend, I'll sleep in until 5. :happy:
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    I always thought I was a morning work out person - bu recently I started going in the evening, and I'm enjoying it even more. Any stress from the day melts away, and I got to bed feeling relaxed. Plus, I have a lot more energy from the food I've eaten through out the day!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person, but I feel alot better when I workout in the morning.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm with most people; I fit it in when I can. I prefer late morning (9-12), but if I have to work that day, it'll be later that evening, around 5-7. I am less likely to skip a workout if I can get it in earlier in the day then if I have to wait until after work... I am usually tired after work and struggle to find the energy/motivation to do it. I try to get it in before work, like I tried this AM, but totally climbed back into bed even after getting dressed into my workout clothes.
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    "whenever you can" is the best answer, but i like to come home from work and immediately put my workout gear on and get started. the quicker i can get started, the earlier i'll be done and can start relaxing for the rest of the evening.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Whenever it best fits your schedule so that you will continue doing it long term.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Mornings (830-1030)
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I go to the gym every day. 5 am on the weekdays and around 7 on the weekends.
    My body is so used to getting up at that time and going to work out it doesnt bother me to be up so early.
    I don't function good without my workout in the morning.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My son is in Gr 7 so he goes to school all day, my daughter goes from 8:30-11:00, so I do my workouts then.
  • anic31385
    Options
    Morning :) it gives u so much energy for the day and just makes u feel great!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Morning, noon and night! Literally. I'm walking 100 miles a month for charity so I just fit it in whenever I get the chance. I prefer early in the day because I tend to get lazy later but it doesn't always fit into my plan that way!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Whenever you're likely to actually do it. Without knowing your schedule and personal preferences, I can't comment for you.

For me, I like morning workouts AND afternoon workouts. I do two-a-days a couple of times a week. I like morning workouts because the gym is quiet or the roads are empty and I feel much more centered and energized for the rest of the day. I like afternoon workouts because it's a nice way to end the day, it doesn't give me extra time to snack and the extra calorie burn in the sunshine is fantastic :)
  • ChangingJojo
    ChangingJojo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think you have to do it when you can regularly fit it into your schedule so that it becomes part of your daily routine. I personally work out right after I get off work. It helps me to destress after a hard day. I have actually started looking forward to it every day.