when do u feel its best to work out??

Options

Replies

• jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person so it's 5am workouts for me. But I do think this is one of those "to each their own" things. Everyone operates differently so whatever time works for your schedule is what's best for you. As long as your up and moving, your ahead!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day.

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday usually is afternoon.
    Tuesday and Friday is morning.
    Saturday is game day.
    Sunday rest day xD
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it in the afternoons after work on MWF, then on TTS I do it in the Am.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    before the crack of dawn.. I'm at the gym at 5:30 every day, except on weekends:P
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    I normally go after work but I dont like that its so crowded all the time so I just recently started going in the mornings before work. Its hard getting up so early but its all worth it in the end for me because I have energy throughout the whole day, my mood is better and then after a long day of work, I can just go home and not have to worry about it. :happy:
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can find the time. I usually work out in the evenings because no matter how hard I try I can not get my butt up any earlier than I already do. The weekends usually in the afternoon after I have run errands.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Whatever time you will do it consistently. I personally find when I push it off to the afternoon or evening, my success rate decreases. I am way more consistent if I wake up early and do it straight away. Otherwise the day gets away from me.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't think time really matters, I think get it when you can fit it in... I work at 6:30am so I already get up early, my workout time is right afterwork so that works for me...
  • nomoreplaying
    Options
    Since I've gotten old and arthritic, I exercise about 15 minutes after I eat my lousy limited calorie meal. I burn 100 calories on the gazelle slider for each meal-snack, - four times a day. No wear and tear on my knees and 400 calories burned.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer and doctor both twll me all the time you burn more calories throughout the day if you workout in the morning...but honestly work out when you have time! Not working out at all is the only thing you will regret!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I go any day during the week (except Thursdays!) that I don't have to work right after I take my daughter to school. Usually get there bout 815am. On weekends it's in the morning too, once I'm up and moving around. Then in the evening after dinner I have been trying to do some strength training in with my hubby at home using our boflex.

I'm no expert but I think whenever you can fit it in is great!!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't get home from work until after 6:00pm, then it's making dinner & getting my 2-year-old ready for bed. By the time my day is over, there's no way I would have the energy to exercise. So I do it in the morning before they wake up. I get up around 4:30am and do a 25-minute workout DVD (Jillian Michaels, either the 30 Day Shred or Six-Week 6-Pack). It's the ONLY time I can fit it in. I hate getting up that early, but I force myself to do it anyway. And afterwards, I'm glad I did. :smile:
  • methodless
    Options
    During rush hour

Why get stuck in traffic on the way home from work?
    I spend 60-65 min at the gym including the shower and I end up losing about 25 minutes of my day
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    During rush hour

Why get stuck in traffic on the way home from work?
    I spend 60-65 min at the gym including the shower and I end up losing about 25 minutes of my day

This is genius !
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it in...

exactly,
    setting a "time" can lead to you feeling disappointed because maybe one day you won't be able to do it that that time you set.

Sometimes I work out right after work (around 2-3pm) Sometimes I get up early cause i can not sleep (around 4am-5am) most the time I have to workout after school (9:30pm-10:30pm).

Whenever you can, and what ever will lead you to most success :flowerforyou:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it in. I go after work because I'm not willing to get up at 5 a.m. to do it.

^^^ This ^^^

And I try to make sure I am finished by 6:30p so that I still have time to eat dinner with some time to digest before rolling into bed.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I used to get up early to work out and I loved getting it out of the way for the day then I started working out more often in the afternoon and I found that I can work out harder at that time since my muscles are already a bit warmed up and I'm awake for the day. I also hated getting up earlier than usual, it really decreased my motivation to work out while I could get myself motivated throughout the day before my workout if I did it in the evening/afternoon.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have the time. Usually it's in the evening for me. I tend to stay up too late and have a hard time getting moving in the morning, so getting up at 5am to work out before starting my day would probably just result in somehow killing myself with a dumbbell.
  • mandirajoy
    mandirajoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The morning is always the BEST time to do it because it starts off your day with tons of energy that lasts throughout the day - it also jumpstarts and helps to regulate your metabolism. There have been a few times I have been in the morning even though I didn't want to get up and I couldn't believe how much energy I had all day long, I felt great and it was wayyyyy better than a coffee! I do go sometimes in the evening as well, just depends on my work schedule and other things going on in life - but overall, morning is definitely the best time! ;-)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    any is good for me but i do need to be awake for about 2 hours before hand. im sluggish otherwise.