Best Orange EVER!!

Options
Audddua
Audddua Posts: 176 Member
Seriously where have these cara cara oranges been all my life and why did I just discover them now?!? :love:

I used to not like oranges all that much (except clemenines obviously), but now I'm so obsessed with these cara cara oranges I'm giving them away to friends and coworkers.

What other gems are lurking in the produce section that I'm blissfully unaware of?

Replies

• ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples! I've never been that fond of apples (I like hard apples like Granny Smith, but I want them sweeter)
    They're expensive & only come out in the winter, but they're SO GOOD!
  • Audddua
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples! I've never been that fond of apples (I like hard apples like Granny Smith, but I want them sweeter)
    They're expensive & only come out in the winter, but they're SO GOOD!

I LOVE those too! (Living in MN we have them a lot since we bred them or some crap like that)
  • Ladeda1
    Ladeda1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just had a SUMO (like the wrestler) orange. It was divine. They look kind of funny, but are soooooooo good.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    blood oranges are my favorite fruit ever, but they're SO hard to find!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Honey tangerines. Like candy, only with seeds, unfortunatly :( But they are so good I'll even let it slide that I have to pick the seeds out!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Was just going to say this! I LOVE these!
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    Kiwiiiiiiiiii!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    BEETS. I swear, I could eat 100 roasted beats. I roast a bunch and put them in the fridge; then I eat them like apples :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    BEETS. I swear, I could eat 100 roasted beats. I roast a bunch and put them in the fridge; then I eat them like apples :)

This too! They taste delicious roasted with seasonings :D
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Pink Lady Apple ~ .... Just delightful ! :blushing:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

Never heard of...
  • rmoga99
    rmoga99 Posts: 37
    Options
    I agree, the cara cara oranges are absolutely fantastic.
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Other produce gems - Tangelos (a cross between a tangerine and pomello or grapefruit), Pluots, Blood Oranges, Kiwis and blackberries.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Other produce gems - Tangelos (a cross between a tangerine and pomello or grapefruit), Pluots, Blood Oranges, Kiwis and blackberries.
    ^^ this^^ I love tangelo's! and also, Chinese Grapefruit. They are huge, but I just eat half at a time :)
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Asian Pears -- crunches like an apple but tastes like a pear. Soooo yummy! they come individually wrapped in some kind of Styrofoam mesh but I cant find them this time of year :(
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If you ever can get Mango's that're picked AFTER they're riped on the trees, try them. Heavenly! Also fuji apples
  • Audddua
    Options

This too! They taste delicious roasted with seasonings :D

I've enjoyed roasted beets at restaurants, but I've never attempted myself... how do you prepare them??
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Ripe mangoes (they should be a bit squishy to the touch), those are amazing.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Oooh yes, after I tried pluots for the first time I was raving about it so anybody who would pretend to listen like I'd just found gold. Pluot season is coming up, exciting!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I go weak for white Nectarines! (non fuzzy peaches)