weight-loss and libido

Options
1235»

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Does she lift heavy weights? I think that can do it. :)
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I think increasing exercise also increases libido, and most people who are losing weight are also doing more exercise. It kind of makes sense.... increased blood flow to all your body.....

yup.
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Eagar Beaver = My best friend. :tongue:

But this has happened to me. My sex drive indeed has increased. I lost 83 lbs in all and I think most of the increase comes from me not feeling attractive before the weight loss. . But it could be something to do with just the loosing weight in general that increase in sex drive happens during weight loss. Not sure.. but definitely not complaining ! Just another great benefit in getting healthy :happy:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My most horiness time though is right after a workout.
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump. I've been eating at a deficit for a bit over a month and I'm definitely noticing an increase in my libido. It's making me irrational.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I've actually had the reverse happen. As I have been eating less, I am much less interested. I am near normal weight, and I have heard that this can happen with a calorie restriction, especially for older people, and I'm netting around 1200 and just maintaining. It just seems that I am more focused on my first meal of the day because I am starving in the morning, getting ready for work, or getting ready to workout because I have classes I regularly go to. At night, hubby and I are just too tired. I'm also somewhat annoyed at hubby because he hasn't joined me on my fitness journey, so maybe a bit passive-aggressive. He likes the results he sees in me, but not enough to try a lifestyle change himself.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    The confidence is a huge factor for me. But also, I just feel, big, slow, and sluggish with the weight. That doesn't make sex as appealing as it used to.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Picture_2.png
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    "Since I lost all the weight sex has been frigging incredible, I want to do it all the time now. Seriously I'm like a flipping rabbit. It's gotten to the point where my husband has had to tell me that he has a headache.:laugh: " Now I like to think I have a pretty healthy sex drive, but is it possible to have a higher drive just because you lost weight?

Not for me - at least in the sense of wanting to have sex. I have ALWAYS, and ALWAYS want sex. So high libido. Faptastically so. What changed for me after losing a few LBS is feeling more, well...ermmmm sexy I guess. It removed some of the rhetoric, dialog, and worry in my head about how I looked and if I was attractive enough. I feel more comfortable having sex.
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Options
    I know I lost 240 lbs and at 44, I have the erections of an 18 year old, every morning and often without warning during the day. It seems belly fat stores estrogen (the omentum) and when it breaks down, the estrogen is released so you go through the equivalent of menopause (I did and it was not pretty). Then testosterone is restored and it is like a vitamin shot. Add to that your circulation is better so it flows more freely to the genitals.