Salt & Pepper or "Just For Men"?

Options

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and it's happening. . I'm newly single. . It's not out of control yet. . but when it gets there. . . well. . I might just have to man-up and dye my hair. . .

What say you?

I've been coloring my hair continuously for forty years. If it makes you feel good, do it!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and my hubby is 52, yes 12 yrs older.........anyways.......salt and pepper was sexy while it lasted but now he is going way gray and people mistake me for his sister or ugh...daughter...do the mens dye but the one that leaves some gray...trust me on this unless you want a golden girl for a night on the town. lol

no, no golden girls for this guy, I checked out his profil and he's only 42 plus a good looking dude,

you can pull of grey and even white, my pappaw has has WHITE hair for years and he always gets hit on by young girls, I guess it doesn't hurt that he has tons of money lol
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I don't personally think dying your hair is necessary. A man who ages gracefully and confidently is sexy, in my opinion. But I'm not you. Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Without that, the way you look to everyone else doesn't really matter.

No, hair color isn't "necessary" for anyone. Some of us really enjoy it. There's no reason not to do it if you enjoy it.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    S&P is sexy!

If she doesn't appreciate Salt and Pepper hair, she is too young for you bro!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ok. .so the consensus is clearly S&P. .and you think it's 'sexy'. . but would a, say, 35 yr old girl DATE a guy that looks like a geezer?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Grey/greying hair is sexy.

^^^ THIS!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    There is a third option....Bald.

I'm 41 and i've been S&P for 4 years starting at my temples. I've been bald as well, i've done the High & Tight hair cut too. Though, I have never dyed my hair, I have to admit that it's been tempting at times. But, the upkeep would be my major concern and cost issue.

I do have to admit that being S&P does have it's advantages. Though, I am happily married...I have noticed the additional attention that I do receive from ladies at a restaurant or hanging out at the local sports bar with my buddies.

In the end, it's going to be about how comfortable you are with it.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ok. .so the consensus is clearly S&P. .and you think it's 'sexy'. . but would a, say, 35 yr old girl DATE a guy that looks like a geezer?

If he believes he's a "geezer" then no she won't. But if he comes off as the bad *kitten* he believes he is, he'll be just fine. I always use my parents' age gap as a reference (they're 17 years apart), so I don't believe you should have a problem attracting some lovely younger women.

Good luck, you'll be fine!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options

There are no 35 yr old girl. There are 35 yr old women or there are 35 yr olds who are immature. I say go with the 35 yr old women. Appreciation does come with age and maturity.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper!!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think you have heard it enough, but just in case you haven't- S& P is an awesome look on a guy!!!
  • abeachlady
    Options
    Nope
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    When I met my man, he was 26 and already had quite a bit of grey. (Of course, I thought he was lying *kitten* and much older than he claimed to be.) Now, after a decade of marriage and a hell-spawn later, he's got much more grey. Sexy then, sexier now.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper! So sexy.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love me some salt and pepper hair. Mmmm..... :happy:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper. I think it's obvious when men dye their hair. If you have facial hair, I would suggest keeping that under control.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I'm 30 and I have dated guys with salt and pepper hair.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    mmmmmm MMM!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have been with DH since I was 17 and I have always told him that older men are super sexy!!

So, yes...keep the S&P! Something about it is really sexy!!

Oh...there is this older man at a church that we had visited a few times. He is in great shape, super handsome, and all white hair...DANGGGGGG, he looks so hot! (I did tell hubby so I did not have any guilt haha!)
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    grey > dye

shaving > comb over