Salt & Pepper or "Just For Men"?

Options

Replies

• frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Salt and Pepper look, unless you are 25 or younger.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ok. .so the consensus is clearly S&P. .and you think it's 'sexy'. . but would a, say, 35 yr old girl DATE a guy that looks like a geezer?

Having S&P hair doesn't make you a geezer. Now if you wear belted pants up to your chest...you might look like a geezer regardless of hair color. No worries though...you definately don't look like a geezer in my book.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    omg salt and pepper is freaking hott !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS LONG AS ITS NOT LIKE DOWN TO THE WAIST AND A ZZTOP BEARD..yuk !

BUT A NICE SHORT CUT WITH SALT AND PEPPER !! AND iM ALL IN !
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Salt & Pepper = well seasoned! And it is so incredibly hot on a man. It implies confidence and maturity. Embrace the gray!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, you've already beaten the genetics lottery by long shot...you're only 42 and *just* starting to gray AND you have what appears to be a full head of hair as well?

If some 35 year old chick is turned off by a little s&p...her issue, not yours!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, and my hubby is 30, he has had a little gray sprinkled in for about 5 years now and I LOVE it!! It makes him look distinguished & sexy all at the same time!!:blushing:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Wish I had the choice to dye. My hair started falling out in my early 20's.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I vote for Option 3: Shave. :)

I started shaving my head at 35 when I had a full head of dark hair, just because I wanted to go for a different look. I immediately loved it and stayed that way ever since. Whenever I grow my hair back now, there's a lot less of it and there's a TON of silver in there. After a week or so of not shaving, my head looks all sparkly. The razor comes right back out.

My goatee has gotten to be nearly all white lately. I almost always had that and didn't wanna lose it, so I tried Just For Men on it. I must've done something wrong, because it didn't look natural at all...it looked like I shoved my chin into a cupcake. I've been shaving that now, too, and am probably gonna just stay smooth.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper here... mostly dark hair, but lots of grey at the temples. And salt and pepper goatee.... makes me feel old.. but i guess at 46, I am. :cry:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Dude embrace your inner salt n peppa. Nothing creepier than I guy who dyes his hair...IMO.
    I worked with a guy that dyed his hair, eyebrows and moostache a brownish red. I couldn't help but stare at it.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Salt & Pepper for sure!! Its so distinguished on men...
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ok. .so the consensus is clearly S&P. .and you think it's 'sexy'. . but would a, say, 35 yr old girl DATE a guy that looks like a geezer?

Having S&P hair doesn't make you a geezer. Now if you wear belted pants up to your chest...you might look like a geezer regardless of hair color. No worries though...you definately don't look like a geezer in my book.

Totally agree...^^^^ And, I'm 37 and single...I would DEFINITELY date a man w/ salt and pepper hair!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I say do whatever makes YOU happy. If you like it then so be it, if you want to dye it I would say go to a professional to make sure it is done right.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    What are you guys talking about?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't personally think dying your hair is necessary. A man who ages gracefully and confidently is sexy, in my opinion. But I'm not you. Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Without that, the way you look to everyone else doesn't really matter.

No, hair color isn't "necessary" for anyone. Some of us really enjoy it. There's no reason not to do it if you enjoy it.

Yeah, that's exactly why I included the "Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself" part.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm with the majority of the women.....S&P is very sexy!!
  • juliepsaginaw
    juliepsaginaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Why is it we as ladies love the salt & pepper on our men, yet we almost all dye ours these days? Double standards anyone.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I say don't dye it. Don't you see how much attention George Clooney gets?! Trust me, you don't want to deal with dyeing it. The salt and pepper is sexy ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Keep the gray! I would only advise you to dye your hair if you were totally silver already!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Keep the gray! I would only advise you to dye your hair if you were totally silver already!

Keep the salt & pepper........when men dye it rarely looks natural....especially when you have the "scruff" thing going.......which is super sexy........