What are you reading right now?

Options
I love to read, but it takes me forever to get through a book because I don't have much time. Right now I am reading the true story, "Stolen Lives-Twenty Years in a Desert Jail", by Milika Oufkir and Michele Fitoussi. It is about a woman (Malika Oufkir) who spent her early childhood years in the King's palace in Morroco and live a very priveleged life until in 1972 when her father attempted to assisinate the king. At age 16 she is arrested with her mother and siblings and they spend 20 years in prison, because of her father's crime. So far is it very good.

What are you reading now?

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I am reading a true story by Anne Rule "You Belong to Me". It's about a police officer in Florida in the 1990's that was abusive to his wife and all females and I believe (haven't gotten that far) that he goes on a kiling spree.

I just finished reading a true story "I Wish You Didn't Know My Name" about the so called lawyer and his wife that killed thier illegally adopted daughter in 1987, Joel Steinberg and Hadda Nuesbomb. I remember seeing the story on the news. It was tragic. This book was written by the biological mother of the little girl that was killed. It gave her account of how Steinberg ended up with the little girl. It was heartbreaking but a really good read. I couldn't put it down.

I love true stories of all kind. I like them much better than fiction.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I just finished Grave Goods by Ariana Franklin. It was a delightful read. I would suggest reading the two prior novels: Mistress Of The Art Of Death and The Serpents Tale.
    I plan on starting Keeper Of Light And Dust by Natasha Mostert tonight. I read rather quickly and can finish a 500 page book in either 1 or 2 days. I'm always reading. :bigsmile:
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Twilight series and literally yesterday after reading 300 pages of the third book I had to force myself to go to sleep (Cuz I had to be up at 5:30 am for work) and then I dreamt about it. I've been told its kind of a "kid" book but I have to say that I'm 31 years old and have found this to be the greatest romance/drama story that I've ever read. Makes my heart flitter with that "high school love" feeling again.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I am reading the posts on this thread-- no time to read anything more.

I love to read-- no time. :ohwell:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Anything and everything by Christopher Moore -- he's brilliant. I am in the middle of Dirty Job right now. If you like a bit of sarcastic, twisted humor with relevant brilliance and a touch of a soft side, he delivers for sure.
  • ArriGhent
    ArriGhent Posts: 3
    Options
    Lost by Gregory Maguire. Just finished Time Travelers Wife
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Extra Mile. It's written by this lady named Pam Reed...she is an ultra-marathon runner. She ran the Badwater Ultra marathon in 27 hours, 130 degrees through death valley, 136 miles.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Finished all the sookie stackhouse books, now I am back to true crime stuff about the grren river murders
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am reading the posts on this thread-- no time to read anything more.

I love to read-- no time. :ohwell:

LMAO, thanks for the chuckle.

I love to read too, I have always been a voracious reader but time limits now how much I read. I am reading "The Beck Diet Solution, Train your brain to think like a thin person" by Judith S. Beck Ph.D.

I am not far into it but I've heard it is a very good, helpful book. I'm looking forward to actually seeing if it will help change my thinking about this whole "diet" thing! :smokin:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Lost by Gregory Maguire. Just finished Time Travelers Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife was soooooo good! I'm currently in between books right now... I need to make a trip to the library!
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i read anything by Karen Kingsbury! and Beverly Lewis.
  • llmgold11
    llmgold11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Currently I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

Another amazing love story set mostly (so far) in 1745. The love scenes are enough to make you :blushing:
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Currently reading It's Not About the Bike - Lance Armstrong. I'm watching him in the Giro, and excited for the Tour!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I am currently half way through the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (I forgot my book on a trip and stole it from my dad :smile: ) and I am also part way through The Host by Stephenie Meyer (the author of the Twilight books, but this is apparently more of an "adult: novel, but what do I know, I loved the Twilight ones and I am 32 :laugh: ). I just finished the 8Th Target by James Patterson, the newest one in the women's murder club series and that was pretty good for an easy read.

I am always reading and I read almost anything. I have a stack at least waist high of books at home that I have yet to read and the list of ones I want to is even longer. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Shipping News."
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! I'm 25 yrs old and I absolutely love these books!!! I personally think they're great books. I had trouble putting the books down too...I literally had to force myself to sleep! :tongue:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I LOVE JODI PICOULT! anything by her is AMAZING (in my eyes) haha, she writes about very real issues, but puts really good twists on them! :-D
  • Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm getting close to finishing "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. Very LONG (a little over 1000 pages) by worth it.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just started (last night) The Inner Voice: The Making of a Singer by Renee Fleming. So far so good, only got about one chapter in though because it was WAY past my bed time.

I recently finished Rosie Dunne by Cecilia Ahearn (author of P.S. I Love You) as well as If You Could See Me Now. I LOVED Rosie Dunne but If You Could wasn't as great as her other books. I'm a HUGE fan of her writing.

Came across a new author - Anna McPartlin - check out Apart From the Crowd and Pack Up The Moon. BOTH wonderful! Witty, funny, emotional, and well written! :love:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    If you like detective stories try Ian Rankin. His Inspector Rebus novels are really good. They all take place in Edinburgh Scotland and I have YET to guess the whodunnit (in about 6 novels). The language he uses makes you feel like you are right there. It's fun to read Scottish-accented English.

I also just finished "the art of racing in the rain". a real sweet story - especially if you love dogs.