I stop taking my blood pressure medication

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    catgb56 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I found this thread. Dr just took me off of the diuretic and cut my bp pill in half. I noticed this morning the scale went up a couple of lbs. Got worried. Dr told me to keep to a low salt diet, drink plenty of water, stay hydrated and WORK OUT!!! EXERCISE! He wants to see a few lbs shed on my next visit in four months. I am exercising, walking and drinking plenty of water. Thrilled to be off of one pill and have the bp cut in half...I'm doing something right! Now to not have this little set back of weight gain due to no water pill upset me. Hopefully this will even out in a few weeks and weight will start to drop. And absolutely right - the scale should not dictate. Eat healthy, work out, your clothes will fit better, you will feel better!!

If working out is new, you may also retain a few pounds of water from that. I temporarily saw my own scale go up 7 pounds when I started working out again, but then I am an over-achiever :lol: It was back off in a few weeks.

Women with menstrual cycles might retain a few pounds around ovulation and/or premenstrually as well.

Since you're not seeing your doctor for four months you do have plenty of time to normalize :smile:

Exercise makes me feel so good. I sleep better and feel better emotionally when I'm in a routine.