SAHM, halfway to her goal (pic)

Options
MelissaL582
MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
Standing tall at 5'1 and starting weight at 237lbs. I was the typical stay at home mom raising her babies, cleaning house, spending most days in her jammies and only leaving the house to get groceries or run a few errands. I'm still the same SAHM but I now stay in my workout clothes all day long. :happy: I used to think that in order for me to lose weight, I had to get a gym membership, but that was just one of my many excuses. Another big excuse, "I can't workout, I have young children at home"-pfft..excuses excuses, I was good at it. I had to make time for ME and that meant, telling the kids to stay in their room or turned on the cartoons or just simply telling them "LEAVE MOMMY ALONE!". I'm only halfway to my ultimate weight goal,14 months later and I'm okay with that. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

We've all been suckered into the quick diets and then gained all that weight back. I've had to teach myself about food and exercise and get advice from fellow members who were successful on their weight loss journey. Friends and family tell me I inspire them, wait a minute..what? No, not me! Who would have thought that this person could inspire or motivate someone to lose weight? It's strange to hear people say that. I still have those moments when I look into a mirror, I still see a 237lb woman staring back- something I'm working on. I can now go into a department store and not feel so depressed about clothes shopping. My husband's the depressed one now. :wink:

So to all of you SAHM who have a lot to lose, don't be afraid. It's hard work, but if we can deal with those long months of pregnancy, popping them pumpkin heads out, no sleep and our kids driving us bonkers...WE CAN DO THIS! We deserve it..we owe it to our children to drive them nuts for a very very long time.

redshirtcollage-48lbs-1down.jpg

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Good job, Mama!!
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Congrats :)
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You deserve this. Well done...
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look great! I was in the same boat SAHM making excuses. Now my girls workout with me or watch cartoons.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Beautiful!! Great job - I am also a SAHM and fell into the same trap. Not anymore! I just started my journey 50 days ago, but I am determined to get this weight off for good! I am already starting to feel like my body belongs to me again...kwim? Thank you for posting!!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    awesome keep up the great work
  • McVizzle
    McVizzle Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!You look so great! Very motivating for all of us SAHM's...
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    Thank you for your words and example!

And congratulation!
  • Lori1472
    Lori1472 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on the hard work! BTW, I love your ticker saying! :o)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    First of all....congratulations. You look wonderful, keep up the great work. On another note, I wanted to suggest that you use your kids in your work out. All workouts do not have to be a strict routine. Take the kids for a walk, dance around the house, play leap frog, etc. You can also use them as a bench press and curl bar. :smile: My kids love it when I "use" them for my exercise. One activity my kids LOVE is "Throw on the bed" and its just that....they stand at the headboard and run toward me with their best karate moves, etc. I'm the monster and I have to grab them, tackle them and/or toss them on the bed. Great core, arm, back and leg workout!! Don't think you always have to workout alone - kids have TONS of energy...soak it up.

Way to go Mama!!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! YOU ARE AWESOME.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Great job!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Very well said........no more excuses! You look great btw
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Great job, I hope I can do as well as you :)
  • dreambig81
    dreambig81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration! As a fellow SAHM with 2 little ones I know all the excuses too :)
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    You got to post a success story! That is so awesome! You have done amazingly in these 14 months! And you will def get to your ultimate goal! Keep on keepin on!
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Beautifully done! You look wonderful!!!
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love your story!
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    well done you look great

sahm here too been trying to lose weight since jan and down 23lb but got another 85 to go to get to my ultimate goal the last few years with pregnancies which I was incredibly sick during and exhaustion from sleepless nights made it easy to make excuses but there's no more babies and no more excuses now and even though I am still getting very little sleep averaging maybe 5 hours a night I actually have so much more energy than before since cleaning up my diet and exercising as much as I can manage, I usual;ly do my workout when my eldest 2 are in playschool and the baby is napping in the morning but my son only goes to playschool 3 days so when he is home I set him up on the couch I give him a paper and pencils and let him scribble away while I workout he often gets down and gets in my way but I just do it around him he thinks it great sometimes trying to join in and I love to see my little 2yo lift his leg in attempt to copy me it's adorable i the baby is awake she goes in her bouncer while I work out.

basically even at the weekends when I have all 3 home I manage a workout they get in my way but I manage to do it I just don';t get to do as long a one as I would like or concentrate fully so sometimes miss moves e.t.c but I am still burning calories and getting fitter, now I know there is actually no excuse at all I used to use the kids being home as my excuse but it's not anymore I can dance around them lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!