I'm back and looking for some pals

Options
Hey :) I’m not a new member, but I am looking for some mfp friends.

Long story short; started here on mfp a year ago, did great for about 4 months and lost nearly 30 lbs. Life happened and I had family visiting for a vacation, so I took a wk off, then it turned into two, then three, and then old habits started again. I went mfp-awol for about 8 months, and had a few false restarts during that time and of course I gained back most of my weight. When I noticed my extra chin had returned (about 3 weeks ago) I looked at myself and gave myself a good mental kick in the butt and now here I am. Again. Pretty much starting all over.

When I finally logged back on I was feeling low about myself, and then I realized most of my pals dumped me... I don't blame 'em at all (I’ve done the same thing, once people start to reach months of not logging on) …but I did end up feeling more guilty about going mfp-awol like I did. Well, I had my sad little pity party, and I cried, and now I’m done. I’ve gotten back to making better choices, working out, logging food (the good, the bad and the ugly). …and now here I am, looking for a few new pals to add (or old ones if any of you happen to see this…) So, please take a look-see at my profile and if you’d like to support each other then send a request.

:) Happy logging!

Replies

• mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kind of sounds like me (minus a thyroid issue that popped up for me in December). I was in a great space, maintaining a 30 lb weight loss, then I went on vacation. I ate, but I exercised the entire time, so I didn't gain. BUT, after coming back, the eating habits had changed for the worse, it got nasty hot so I quit going to the gym, top that off w/ a budding thryoid problem and I had gained 10 lbs in 7 mos.

It takes a bit to get back on track, but if you want it, you can do it. I'm finally there, and never going to lose control like that again! :smile:
  • Scarlettbird50
    Scarlettbird50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like, just my first week in and first weigh in was down 2lbs so have a long way to go and could use all the friend support I can get :)
  • bipolaroutloud
    Options
    Welcome back! I've totally been there! I'll shoot you a friend request!