anyone else having trouble dating?

Options
Im not sure if its me or are other people having this problem with dating. it seems to me that people are just not into getting into serious relationships anymore. what do you think?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just because I'm old - but you're young!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Dating and serious relationships are two different things. Maybe that's your problem. Or, maybe you scare them on the first date by talking about long term stuff.

Just because I meet someone and go on a few dates for a couple months doesn't mean I will marry them. It takes a while to really get to know someone. If my feelings don't continue to grow, then I'll eventually let them go.
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Dating and serious relationships are two different things. Maybe that's your problem. Or, maybe you scare them on the first date by talking about long term stuff.

Just because I meet someone and go on a few dates for a couple months doesn't mean I will marry them. It takes a while to really get to know someone. If my feelings don't continue to grow, then I'll eventually let them go.

+1. I agree on this standpoint, although I don''t personally go in with a "long-term, marriage" mentality.

I think my problem is I'm not overly pretty - can't help that :tongue:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I thought 'dating' and 'trouble' were synonyms?

I agree though...'dating' and 'serious relationship' have very, very different meanings for me. Oddly enough...I'm more the long term type than the dating type. If I'm on the market to date...it's because I'm ready to be in a relationship.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    do they still make normal women?!?!? where do you find them?!@?!?
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble just getting a date. Period. haha but that's a whole other conversation...
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    What's your definition of dating?
  • doughchic
    Options
    Lol! What do you consider a "normal" woman?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    yeah...I have a lot of problems dating.

But it is because my girlfriend gets really pissed.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

:drinker: I was totally going to say this except about my hubby. LOL
  • cerhodes13
    cerhodes13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think it's cyclic depending on a lot of things such as popular culture and the economy.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dating is too expensive.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    yes...

there are a tons of crazy mofos out there...men and women alike :wink:
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options

roflmao :) good one!!! but true
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I've not dated in 2 years. I firmly believe it to be because of my weight. I'm on plenty of fish.com and find that I get the men sending me emails saying if I lost the weight I might could date but being my height and size I'm only good for a booty call. Then they get mad because I won't just have sex with them, even though I don't know them. I'm about ready to join a convent. ugh.... LOL
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    lol, I just take my time getting to know someone. I take relationships seriously and don't just jump into one thinking, "oh, I can always breakup."
  • kimmieey
    kimmieey Posts: 87
    Options
    I live in a small community and I either know them all and all about them or they know my exes.

I feel like a fish in an aquarium rather than in the sea when it comes to dating.
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been with my husband since he was 17, and I 18. I'm 25. I'd say we're pretty serious. :)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I think it's cyclic depending on a lot of things such as popular culture and the economy.
    So hard choosing between a hooker or food.
  • Rachelphobia
    Options
    I'm pretty young, but in my experiences it's all about being open minded. You find romance in the weirdest places. I wouldn't give up. My current boyfriend I was VERY uninterested in when we met. He was really aggressive and into me when I had 0 interest in him, and now I am crazy about him and we've been together for over half a year. I think guys always act weird for the first month or so, and then their real personalities show.

Then again I took a good year of dating before I found him....