anyone else having trouble dating?

Options

Replies

• r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i've been single almost 3 yrs now. i'm very much ok with that. mainly, because the males i have met or interacted with have been less than stellar. like WAY less than stellar.

i'm not sure if that's just because this is the way dating is headed? or if it's my luck? but guys from 23yrs up to mid 40s have been the exact same way...... very very quick to make everything about sex. and i'm not talking about meeting and having gone on dates and then having sex.

i mean like from first conversation or first text........ BAM! sex.

after being with the same person for 15 yrs it was hard to adjust to the " can you text me sexy pictures?" from someone i haven't even had a date with!!!!!

needless to say, i have only gone on dates with men that have NOT asked for those kinds of pics before our first date, LOL!!!!!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    As many dating threads as there are on this site, someone should start a singles group...

I've noticed on the dating sites people are asked to fill out all this information about themselves and what they would like their significant other to be like. I think this just sets people up with unrealistic expectations. When I go to buy a car I have a list of must haves (automatic, air, power steering) and then nice to haves (key dongle blinky lights, power seats, etc). Problem it seems is people group the must haves with the nice to haves. So, dating for me is a pain, cuz it's hard to get the date in the first place!

It also seems, at least for me, that I live a much more insular life. Must...find...things...to do...outside...of...my...house.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    yes. boys (and girls) just don't seem to like me.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    So not you. Dating is hard. Relationships are hard. Even getting a date is hard. Men expect too much of women and women expect too much from men. I'm 33 and I gave up long ago. If I'm meant to meet "him" fine, if not, then I'll go down in flames happy.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    yes no one like me :(
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I've not had a date in 20-years. :ohwell:
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    yes no one like me :(

I do! I do!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I would love to date someone.....now I just have to get the wife's permission....
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~Doesn't have trouble dating! Doesn't date! :sad:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have one planned for tomorrow :p
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    Dating sucks,I just want to get some.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    yes. boys (and girls) just don't seem to like me.

If you were only closer....

Sadly, there are too many asshats in Reno which 1) have ZERO respect, and 2) I just cant get stupid enough for
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options

Too bad your so far away...I've disappointed more big girls than Jenny Craig....
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I've not dated in 2 years. I firmly believe it to be because of my weight. I'm on plenty of fish.com and find that I get the men sending me emails saying if I lost the weight I might could date but being my height and size I'm only good for a booty call. Then they get mad because I won't just have sex with them, even though I don't know them. I'm about ready to join a convent. ugh.... LOL

What?? They actually say (e-mail) that to you??? How incredibly rude!!

Yes, they do. The emails I get are just plain hateful and mean. But what can you do? if I let it get to me I will never date. Not that I have lately... LOL But you get the idea.
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options

Too bad your so far away...I've disappointed more big girls than Jenny Craig....

I don't even know what that means!
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I've not dated in 2 years. I firmly believe it to be because of my weight. I'm on plenty of fish.com and find that I get the men sending me emails saying if I lost the weight I might could date but being my height and size I'm only good for a booty call. Then they get mad because I won't just have sex with them, even though I don't know them. I'm about ready to join a convent. ugh.... LOL

That's terrible.. DON'T let ANYONE tell you that you are only good enough for a booty call!!! You are more than that and if you believe it then it will just hurt you more in the end! Good for you for not letting them walk all over you, but don't think less of yourself because some *kitten* thinks you should look and act a certain way!! Stay strong and get off from the online dating websites. Most of the men on there are only looking for a piece from someone that is insecure. You will find someone when you least expect it!!

Thank you. You are right. I keep getting told that all the time. I've thought about deleting the profile and just letting nature take it's course. Now may be the best time to do it.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    When I was on PoF I always jsut told women that I was just not attracted to them. Short and honest. I would never tell anyone that if they did this or did that they would be more attractive! People! Nope, Neophytes!
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    Aww, dating. I want to go on a date!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~Would take emily out on a date!
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options

At the risk of sounding like a gigolo.....^^this^^. I don't do BS and people seem to have a whole pile of it these days. It fits better into my schedule too.