Will that #$%@! "mommy pooch" EVER go away???

Options

Replies

• Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I think yours can still go down a bit. Mine looks like its gone when I am standing, but it's visible when I bend over or jumping up and down. I have 2 kids; they are 3.5 and 2.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a mommy pooch and I've never had kids :ohwell: mine is fine when I'm standing up although a little loose but when I sit down it rolls up or when I lean forward it hangs off me like it's a completely seperate entity. I'm trying my damned hardest to shift it with heavy weights that encompass the core muscles. I have the beginnings of abs in the upper half too. It's so frustrating :frown:
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    For most women it will never fully go away. The best thing you can do is core based workouts (planks, bicycles,etc.). Don't do this everyday, it won't really make that much difference (you don't work your other muscles everyday! or at least you shouldn't). You don't need it (Tony Horton's advice!)

I personally love P90X's Ab Ripper X - if you follow along its about 340moves in 25mins. But it burns like no other. Good luck.

P.S. Ok this is slightly off topic, but SPN woulnd't happen to stand for "Supernatural" (like the TV show)?
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My baby was 11lbs. Mommy pooch is here to stay.
  • jsnv
    jsnv Posts: 24
    Options
    Mine looks like a balloon the day after the party!
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm,at the same stage your at right now.. when i look in the mirror i still see that.. but I think if I do more lower ab work outs.. my tummy will tighten and it will go away.. it has to be possible for it to go away i've seen women do it.. just don't know how.. lol
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I think your belly is beautiful just the way it is! You look like you have taken good care of yourself, and you have maintained a lovely figure!
    I call bull$h!t on the messages that our society sends to women that we have to appear as though we never age or have never given birth in order to be beautiful. To me, that's just screwed up. When you factor in all the things that go into creating that "mommy pooch"--love, sacrifice, strength, endurance--those things tip the beauty scale for me. I don't care if the rest of the world thinks differently. Not one person on this planet is going to be young and smooth forever.

Personally, after losing 40+ pounds, weight lifting, and planks, I am much happier with my mommy belly. Although I'm still a work in progress, but I don't believe that the loose skin there will ever go away. So I've decided I earned it, and I just try to make it look as pretty as I can. :smile:
    And here is my mommy belly, after six children.
    c45e3386.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a flat tummy but the little belly sag is worth having beautiful and wonderful children!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My doctor sewed me what I call a dunlap after my c section. In other words he stitched me a permanent muffin top as I loose weight it is becoming less noticeable but still annoyed. Apparently if I want to get preggo and cut open again a better surgeon can fix it.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yep, with weight loss, clean eating and lots of core strength. I've has 2 kids via c-section, first pregnancy I gained over 80lbs and second one I had a 9lb baby so I was not kind to my body. I have more pics in my gallery if you click on my profile.

Mine are both c-section too, this inspires me!!!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I would be close to being down two sizes if it wasn't for the pouch. I had a child by c-section, plus I believe part genetics. My Mom and Grandmother were built the same exact way. I have started doing some specific abs workouts with my cardio to help. I am seeing some help, but I have a long way to go before I consider it a complete success.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    After reading through the posts, it seems there is hope, As far as stretch marks go, I call them my tiger stripes and I earned them all!!!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. Sometimes it requires surgery to ever make it go away.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Heavy strenght training really helped my tummy after giving birth to 6 kids. You can see in my avatar. I have too much skin and stretch marks still.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Some of it does depend on genetics, so there is a chance it may never truly go away. Just keep up with the cardio and strength training and that might help though. I also really love pilates, which is a good core workout.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I think once you have lost the weight & if you keep exercising it will tone up as your skin tightens...I got rid of mine with my first son so I believe it can be done...I have a second son now who is 3yrs old & I have faith that I will tighten up enough to get rid of it...Just like any flab on your body...Once your body gets tighter so will the flab... :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Darlin', I've got the SAME EXACT THING going on, and I had my son 13 years ago. I'm currently doing the Jillian Michael's 90 Day Body Revolution. I have friends who are moms who did it and now they have six pack abs. YES, we CAN LOSE what I call the "spayed cat" stomach!!!!

Feel free to add me-I am interested to know how your journey goes!!! I am right there with you!!!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    NEVER get a tummy tuck! A neighbor of mine had one, and she died. You can work it off. I have three children and a flat stomach. The trick is to be lean (thin) and exercise. You should be doing crunches and have a work out routine that takes care of your core. It isn't easy, but you can do it:wink:
  • erinl84
    erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i actually look almost identical to your body. same "pouch" and all! im wondering the same thing!! i've also had two kids.
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    My doctor sewed me what I call a dunlap after my c section. In other words he stitched me a permanent muffin top as I loose weight it is becoming less noticeable but still annoyed. Apparently if I want to get preggo and cut open again a better surgeon can fix it.

I have the same damn thing. It looks awful. Between that and my mommy pooch from three kids 8+ lbs each, I'm afraid my stomach will never be what it used to be. Especially since we plan on having one more kid.