medical marijuana question

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
I'm not looking to debate this, but I have a question about it.

There is a kid I went to high school with who just posted a photo of his medical marijuana card from California (it doesn't say but I know it is one of the two states). I know he did drugs in high school and I'm pretty sure he still does drugs because he hangs out with a boy that I know is actively doing drugs.

From what I've kept up on him from high school, he has no medical problems that would permit him to use medical marijuana. Coupled with the fact that many people commented on the photo "i'm proud of you" "we're going to have to party" I can only assume that he somehow duped this physician into getting medical marijuana.

What would you guys doing seeing it? Would any of you care enough to report the misuse of drugs?

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    If it isn't effecting you in anyway I don't see the harm in it.
  • mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    From a medical stand point, people abusing marijuana is the least of my concerns. Alcoholism and narcotic addiction are far more destructive.

If you knew who his physician is you could call them and tell them what you know. He probably wouldn't lose his certificate but they might choose not to renew it. Of course, if he lives in a metropolitan area, he could just go to someone else. So ultimately, there's probably nothing you can do other than shrug and move on with your life.

Additionally, medical marijuana is legal in 18 states, not two.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    No.... How do you know his medical history or conditions?? Would you like him to interfere in your medical treatments, or your visits to the doctor? Of course thats really ignorant to post something like that on FB. Why don't you just ask him why its prescribed to him, if you really want to know.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    you'd be surprised how easy it is to get "medical" marijauna in cali. they have clinics everywhere and all you have to do is basically walk in and say you have night blindness or some stupid crap like that. it's ridiculous, but whatever.

ETA: do you know how many people "dupe" their physician's into prescribing them LEGAL drugs which are far more harmful? that's a bigger problem, IMO.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't 'care' at all.

Pretext aside, how does this effect you?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

It doesn't at all but it just an abuse of the system. I support it for real cases, but fake cases make the real cases look unlegitmate.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    you have no idea how he got it. it doesnt concern you, so if i were you, i'd butt out.
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    If it isn't effecting you in anyway I don't see the harm in it.

this!

oh, and people who have medical marijuana cards are just gonna get screwed in the end when they go for a job and have that on their background check. So they may be screwing the system, but they are screwing themselves as well! hence why i never got one ;)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    No.... How do you know his medical history or conditions?? Would you like him to interfere in your medical treatments, or your visits to the doctor? Of course thats really ignorant to post something like that on FB. Why don't you just ask him why its prescribed to him, if you really want to know.

agreed
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    its better for him to intake MJ than it is for him to take oxycotin or heroin....I just don't think of "weed" abuse as that bad of a thing, unless it affects their financial situation (i.e. buying weed instead of food for their children)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'd probably ^5 him...and try to make an appointment with his doctor.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't do a damn thing considering that medicinal marijuana can be used to treat many different conditions and you really do not know his medical history.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    really?? why do you care what he does?? let him smoke some "medical marijuana" because it has nothing to do with you.. as you mentioned you have not really kept up with him since HS.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I just had to note the perfect time stamp on your comment 4:20
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

:laugh: beautiful!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Awesome!
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Physicians and Psychiatrists in the mentioned states hand those out like crazy. I'm pretty sure they weren't "duped". Either way, It would really be none of my business what that person did as long as the friendship was reciprocal and there wasn't any real conflict of interest. If you guys value each other then no worries. To each their own. Who are we to judge?
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Long story short of anything whether or not you find a way to get the card nulled, provided he really is lying, chances are he has backups. People like that don't have one source but that's obviously the easiest way and he probably thinks he's the *kitten* for being able to legally carry it on him and not get arrested.

People abuse the system and while I don't condone marijuana use at all it's less destructive than, say, painkillers. My father was addicted to Vicodin and various other painkillers he'd been prescribed. A 30 day supply was a 6 hour supply to him. Hospital forced him to withdraw from them and he called the house all night long screaming about blue cats in the walls and all else, ripped his IV out twice, and got injuries from fighting the straps. That sort of abuse is something both the Average Joe and the Government are more concerned about, rightfully so.

Personally I'd love to tell on him anyway but I tend to abuse people I think are idiots.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    "Fake cases" or real cases, in California, medical marijuana is legal, and if he was prescribed it by a doctor, it's still legal. It's not an abuse of the system if he did the necessary steps of going to a physician, having a medical condition that would make the doctor give him some, then legally buy a small amount (he's probably not allowed much) from a legitimate medical marijuana seller.

I don't really see what the problem is, even if he was faking it. It's not like people get high from pot and beat their wives or prostitute themselves. All they do is go sit in their basement and eat junk food :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    "abuse of the system"... is this s joke?

welcome to the real world.... dont know where you have been