medical marijuana question

Options

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm totally for the legalization of marijuana and not just for medicinal uses. It's not the same stuff from the 60s but it's a hell of a lot less deadly than ciggarettes. If you legalize one why not legalize the other? The answer to that is the government can regulate ciggarattes, it can't regulate weed cuz ppl can grow it easily themselves.

In summary: pot heads are gonna be pot heads! @ least now he won't get arrested for using/possession, although he will if he's caught sharing!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm sad I live in the state with the most strict drug laws.. And that medical mj isn't an option here.:cry:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't 'care' at all.

Pretext aside, how does this effect you?

I just had to note the perfect time stamp on your comment 4:20

Awesome!

I did that on purpose...
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    lol get a life. It's really not that serious
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hmm I was about to type out my reply but I forgot what the subject is. :smokin:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    From a medical stand point, people abusing marijuana is the least of my concerns. Alcoholism and narcotic addiction are far more destructive.
    Yes to this.

I think you should mind your own business, personally. Maybe smoke a joint and relax a little.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't 'care' at all.

Pretext aside, how does this effect you?

I just had to note the perfect time stamp on your comment 4:20

And I double your 4:20 :smokin:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I had a medical marijuana card when I lived in Cali. It was actually suggested to me by my doctor. I suffer from anxiety disorder and insomnia. It actually did wonders for me. But honestly I think I could have told them anything and would have gotten the card.
    The funny thing is I am probably the one person on the planet that HATES how it makes me feel. It was fine right before going to bed, but other than than I never used it.
    I also ate mine in the form of a sucker or cookie. Not smoke.
    You have no idea why this person is being prescribed MMJ. It may be simply because he liked it.
    To answer your question of what would I think? I would think it was none of my business. At least he is obtaining it legally now rather than going to a drug dealer. Taxes are being paid on it and everyone is happy. Some more than others.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    What are we talking about? I was staring at the wall......................
  • reneeradhika
    Options
    I'm not looking to debate this, but I have a question about it.

There is a kid I went to high school with who just posted a photo of his medical marijuana card from California (it doesn't say but I know it is one of the two states). I know he did drugs in high school and I'm pretty sure he still does drugs because he hangs out with a boy that I know is actively doing drugs.

From what I've kept up on him from high school, he has no medical problems that would permit him to use medical marijuana. Coupled with the fact that many people commented on the photo "i'm proud of you" "we're going to have to party" I can only assume that he somehow duped this physician into getting medical marijuana.

What would you guys doing seeing it? Would any of you care enough to report the misuse of drugs?

This was a guy you knew in high school. I'm going to assume you're no longer in high school, which means it's been some time since you've seen him. And you didn't meantion that you were ever very good friends. So, I don't know how you could possibly know his medical history or condition.

Trying not to be rude, just blunt, I think you should mind your own business.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    What are we talking about? I was staring at the wall......................
    I was staring at the ice cream at the grocery store... For 45 minutes.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

There is a kid I went to high school with who just posted a photo of his medical marijuana card from California (it doesn't say but I know it is one of the two states). I know he did drugs in high school and I'm pretty sure he still does drugs because he hangs out with a boy that I know is actively doing drugs.

From what I've kept up on him from high school, he has no medical problems that would permit him to use medical marijuana. Coupled with the fact that many people commented on the photo "i'm proud of you" "we're going to have to party" I can only assume that he somehow duped this physician into getting medical marijuana.

What would you guys doing seeing it? Would any of you care enough to report the misuse of drugs?

He's legal...errr well he was...the feds just came and cracked down on it saying MJ is illegal because of Fed laws.
    How do you know he doesn't have an anxiety disorder? I do, I have social anxiety and I'll bet maybe 2 people out of the 240ish people on my FB page know about it.
    Maybe he has chronic migraines....a back ache. Marijuana has many uses. I don't use it personally but don't see a problem with someone having a legal card that says they can.
    I'd say step back and mind your own.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options

This was a guy you knew in high school. I'm going to assume you're no longer in high school, which means it's been some time since you've seen him. And you didn't meantion that you were ever very good friends. So, I don't know how you could possibly know his medical history or condition.

Trying not to be rude, just blunt, I think you should mind your own business.

I love your "blunt"ness. :smokin: !!!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Alright, alright.

So I might have jumped to conclusions.

But the fact the person is bragging about it on Facebook isn't a good sign to me...that is why I'm guessing he is using it for unintended purposes. You wouldn't post pics of your Adderall if you had a genuine medical purpose for it.

(Just saying!)
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options

It is what it is. The ones who need it get scrutinized by the vast majority who do not.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You know, by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's all that serious and no I wouldn't waste my time and report it. There are people doing worse things than that.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Things like this require that I care about other people's business, and I just can't bring myself to do that.
  • M♥NIQUE
    M♥NIQUE Posts: 12
    Options
    I say friend him, talk to him...ask question...what is his medical history that qualified him, who his MD is...then provide him with helpful info...my name...my contact info...where is the nearest 24 hr taco bell...oh wait! that just helps me!
    oh well...back to calorie counting
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    "abuse of the system"... is this s joke?

welcome to the real world.... dont know where you have been

This made me laugh...because its so true. And if he has a legitimate card and is paying for it legally, how exactly is that abuse???