Rap music

Options
Ive found that rap music is my best motivator. I love all types of music but when it comes to getting pumped rap is what does it for me I love the lyrics makes me think im hard core XD Any other rap lovers out there? Whats your favorite rap song? New school old or both?

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've been a hip hop fan since I was super young. I love everything from old to new. As for favorites...in no particular order: Nas, Jay-Z, Wyclef Jean, Biggie, 2pac, KRS-One & BDP, Public Enemy, AZ, Big Pun, Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest, Run DMC, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Guru, DJ Premier, Royce Da 5'9'', Eminem, Drake, Little Brother, The Roots, Common, Mos Def, B.o.B, Big K.R.I.T., Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar....

I could keep going on forever...
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I saw Bone Thugs N Harmony last night! I like todays scene but definately prefer the 90's rap.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    I saw Bone Thugs N Harmony last night! I like todays scene but definately prefer the 90's rap.

I'm sure that was an incredible show. Did they have anyone else performing with them?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    No just them. It was awesome. Brought back soooo many memories! They only did about an hour and a half.

During the show the paid tribute to Eazy E, Notorious and Tupac by doing a song of each one. It was AMAZING. The crowd went wild.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    turkey-calls-listening-to-rap.jpg
  • lukeout007
    Options
    No just them. It was awesome. Brought back soooo many memories! They only did about an hour and a half.

During the show the paid tribute to Eazy E, Notorious and Tupac by doing a song of each one. It was AMAZING. The crowd went wild.

Wow that's intense...What's amazing is that they are one of the only artists/rappers that worked with all 3 of them before their deaths.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Immortal Technique and K'naan.

My favorites!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Nice, I would've enjoyed that.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i love all forms of hip hop, but more underground...big bass and dope rhymes!!
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    That's all I listen too! Especially rap from back in the 90s lol keeps me going(:
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Immortal Technique and K'naan.

My favorites!

I love immortal but dont listen to him often when ever i do i always want to research everything hes talking about i swear i almost went to the middle east because of him
  • Kassieisproud
    Options

Of course its not rap Rap thats why she said turkeys
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I :heart: rap & hip hop
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i usually only listen to tupac when it comes to rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQgPsF45hk is the only other rap song i have.. usually will throw it on when i come out of the locker room. gets me going.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I can listen to a little N.W.A. and Public Enemy, stuff from the '80s and '90s. But not much else.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Todays rap music is garbage, I still listen to old school like Eric B & Rakim, Wutang, B.I.G the only ones that come close to doing it today would be Drake, Jeezy....and still Jigga (and no I did not mention Weezy F. Baby tired of him)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I'm a huuuuuge fan of underground rap - I'm listening Society of Shadows lately :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

thats-racist.gif
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    I love Hip Hop, Ive always had that influence, Eminems - Marshall Mathers LP got me through school on the bad days

I find some of the angrier rap songs good to work out to but I tend to feel more relaxed when listning to rap