urgently need to lose weight in a week!

Options
Something unexpected has come up, and i need to shed a few extra pounds quickly (healthily)!
Any tips/ideas/workouts/recipes etc would be greatly appreciated!! (especially targeting stomach/HIPS)

Replies

• IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Options
    You can't isolate weight loss to a certain area of the body. Also crash diets are not healthy and you will probably gain all the weight you lost back really soon.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Even body builders don't do what you are trying in a week, and they are professionals. Maybe you should just work on being confident with what you have.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Im just asking if theres anything i should work on .
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yah sorry girl, not sure if you're gonna find a lot of people with crash diet suggestions on here. From what I understand most of us are here for making long-term changes.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Alright, the quick and dirty for dropping water weight.

Limit your carbs. If consuming any, keep to complex versus simple.
    Eat clean, minimally processed food.
    Get that cardio in.
    Drink a TON of water.

I shed 7lbs of water weight from this past Sunday. So far, I'm back to normal and so is my eating.. (I had an oopsie weekend last weekend)
  • keepitcroosh
    Options
    Yah sorry girl, not sure if you're gonna find a lot of people with crash diet suggestions on here. From what I understand most of us are here for making long-term changes.

I guess i wasnt specific. Im not looking for a crash diet.
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    try doing extra exercise and reducing calories but not too low. If im going out for a meal ill work out extra hard that day so u have a week to prepare :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Addition to my previous post:

I am in no way suggesting doing this long term.. it's tricky. I love yoga (best of both worlds - cardio & strength), cycling, weight training and running. So I try to keep to a balanced diet overall.

For me and my stats/goals (I'm 5'9, currently 175lbs, goal: 150lbs) I like to be around 100g protein if possible, and keep carbs in moderation, consuming healthy EFA's and watching the sodium. Sugar is on the watch too, but I'm not too hard on myself if some days are higher than others.. I'm working on that part.

Oh yes, lower your calorie intake a bit.. AGAIN, this is short term. It worked for me, I'm sure it'll help you for now. :flowerforyou:
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    If your torso photo in your gallery is you, you don't need to lose anything. Eating clean and drinking water will be best, but you really don't look like you have much to lose...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Eat small portion, eat clean all fresh nothing packaged, and log your foods...and exercise all you can.

That is all you can do.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    well i am personally against 'one week' diets cause I have been thru it all and you end up gaining back twice the weight you lost

however if you are really serious about losing the weight in a week then doing a low carb diet would prob help you lose the weight combined with 1 hr of exercise daily

you need a minimum net of 1200 calories otherwise you will be like a Zombie at whichever function your going to

it would be advisable to consult with a medical professional or have a trainer guide you, so that at least you are supervised in some way and dont harm yourself

also you can check out hungry girl recipes or dr oz website ...i like some of what they post...
  • tabitha_rae
    tabitha_rae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I can give you exercises that will target hips and thighs in a week, however, I would suggest doing high interval training on the treadmill. For example, you can try the following:

For 25 - 45 min (as long as you can go) do a 1 min sprint and then a 1 min brisk walk and then repeat until finished with workout. After a couple days of this, do 2 minutes moderate to sprint speed and then 1 min brisk walk and then repeat until finished with workout. You can play with the intervals however you like, but this will definitely burn some major calories.

High intensity circuits are always a great way to burn major calories as well. Or - I know this might be a little crazy, but if you can get your hands on the Insanity DVDs by Beachbody and do one workout per day, your bound to drop a couple of pounds.

Additionally, watch what you eat carefully, and I would suggest not eating past 8PM.

Hopefully this helps :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Spanx-
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Addition to my previous post:

I am in no way suggesting doing this long term.. it's tricky. I love yoga (best of both worlds - cardio & strength), cycling, weight training and running. So I try to keep to a balanced diet overall.

For me and my stats/goals (I'm 5'9, currently 175lbs, goal: 150lbs) I like to be around 100g protein if possible, and keep carbs in moderation, consuming healthy EFA's and watching the sodium. Sugar is on the watch too, but I'm not too hard on myself if some days are higher than others.. I'm working on that part.

Oh yes, lower your calorie intake a bit.. AGAIN, this is short term. It worked for me, I'm sure it'll help you for now. :flowerforyou:
    good advice both for the quickie/ and long term..my hubby is a bodybuilder and he pretty much just said the same thing,
    RELAX ppl I don't think she was asking if she should purge
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Spanx-
    my fix
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Spanx-

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i laff but yet i know the glory of spanx
  • keepitcroosh
    Options
    If your torso photo in your gallery is you, you don't need to lose anything. Eating clean and drinking water will be best, but you really don't look like you have much to lose...

Haha no unfortunately that photo is not me. It was just a bit of inspiration at the time when i started using MFP.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Get on the Elipitical and planks for a great lookin tummy....Protein shakes....noooooo crash diets....good luck:smile:
  • keepitcroosh
    Options
    Spanx-

Oh ill be rocking those out no matter what. Hahah. Losing a lot of weight is unrealistic in a week. I just wish i could look a bit more toned, tighter.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i have 4 more days till i weigh in ..