urgently need to lose weight in a week!

Options

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I read "urgently need to lose weight" and expected someone who's obese and had severe health risks. Then I read "in a week." Never change MFP. Never change.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Addition to my previous post:

I am in no way suggesting doing this long term.. it's tricky. I love yoga (best of both worlds - cardio & strength), cycling, weight training and running. So I try to keep to a balanced diet overall.

For me and my stats/goals (I'm 5'9, currently 175lbs, goal: 150lbs) I like to be around 100g protein if possible, and keep carbs in moderation, consuming healthy EFA's and watching the sodium. Sugar is on the watch too, but I'm not too hard on myself if some days are higher than others.. I'm working on that part.

Oh yes, lower your calorie intake a bit.. AGAIN, this is short term. It worked for me, I'm sure it'll help you for now. :flowerforyou:

I agree with both things this poster has said.
  • gvnyc
    gvnyc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    edemas help with removing water weight!

Wait! She meant 'enemas'! Edema means swelling, so don't try for that :P
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss and fast weight loss are pretty much mutually exclusive. No matter what this unexpected event is, I'm sure your weight is hardly the most important thing about it.
  • millie_de
    millie_de Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost weight pretty quickly when I cut out dairy... I have also found that when I go out drinking and dancing I lose around 4 lbs (sounds odd I know) it usually doesn't stay off completely but it does give me a little boost sometimes haha

Best of luck :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    edemas help with removing water weight!

Wait! She meant 'enemas'! Edema means swelling, so don't try for that :P

Maybe she meant echidnas. Trying to catch one might be good cardio.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Spanx-
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The only thing that'll do it safely and healthily is control undergarments. Sorry, but them's the breaks.
  • happythermia
    Options
    Spanx-

Amen to that!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Spanx-
    this
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Go to a tanning bed. You won't loose any weight, but dark is slimming.

:smile:
    if only this were true.

person : hey mesha did you lose 80 pounds?
    me: no, i'm just black.

:laugh:
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Spanx-

Best answer, hands down! LOL.
  • vickychristie
    vickychristie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look gorgeous to me, dont think you need to :)
  • jessgreb01
    Options
    I needed to lose weight fast because my ex boyfriend was coming into town. I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, this is how...

Its kind of a no brainer but worked for me...

First off you need to be very calorie deficient, like seriously cannot go over 1200 cals AND you have to work out hard everyday at the gym. And I dont mean like walking on the treadmill, you need to do hard cardio AND weights.

I ate mostly veggies, very little fruit. Would throw in 1 serving of nuts and eat a salad with lean protein for dinner. Absolutely NO carbs unless its like 1 piece of fruit a day.

I honestly think the added exercise did the trick for the rapid weight lost, but you have to work out harder than you normally do.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose weight fast because my ex boyfriend was coming into town. I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, this is how...

First off you need to be very calorie deficient, like seriously cannot go over 1200 cals AND you have to work out hard everyday at the gym. And I dont mean like walking on the treadmill, you need to do hard cardio AND weights.

I ate mostly veggies, very little fruit. Would throw in 1 serving of nuts and eat a salad with lean protein for dinner. Absolutely NO carbs unless its like 1 piece of fruit a day.

I honestly think the added exercise did the trick for the rapid weight lost, but you have to work out harder than you normally do.

Because a number on a scale is what makes him attracted to you?
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Why do you care? Everyone is here for the same reasons, we are all trying to achieve certain goals, live a healthy lifestyle. Does it really matter all that much as to WHY we want to lose weight , its something personal. You dont need to understand it, its her own goals and it motivated her. Sometimes you need that extra push to go further and work harder. Good job jessgreb01!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Yah sorry girl, not sure if you're gonna find a lot of people with crash diet suggestions on here. From what I understand most of us are here for making long-term changes.

I guess i wasnt specific. Im not looking for a crash diet.

the topic stating "urgently need to lose weight in a week" is saying.. Hey I want a crash diet.

If you need to lose a bit of inches fast.. Look for a body wrap. You won't actually lose weight BUT you will lose some inches for a week or so.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Hitting weights hard would be counter intuitive to losing poundage at first. You take on more water.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You are mostly going to lose water weight, but here it is:

1. Limit Carbs - low glycimic index
    2. Drink at least 50% of your weight in water
    3. Lots of greens and lean mean
    4. Avoid/limit fruits (some have lots of sugar)
    5. Cardio (try doing HIIT)

DO NOT DO THIS FOR MORE THAN A WEEK!

Added: Also it's not necessary to eat very little, you can eat 6x a day if you want if most of your food is two palm-fulls of salad greens/steamed vegetables (no dressing!) and a palm full of meat (things like grilled chicken, tuna, etc). Make sure you stick to the portions.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Why do you care? Everyone is here for the same reasons, we are all trying to achieve certain goals, live a healthy lifestyle. Does it really matter all that much as to WHY we want to lose weight , its something personal. You dont need to understand it, its her own goals and it motivated her. Sometimes you need that extra push to go further and work harder. Good job jessgreb01!

You're congratulating her for going on a crash starvation diet because she didn't want her ex-boyfriend to think she got fat? Sure, maybe the reason is irrelevant, but that doesn't mean she did a good job starving herself.