Ideal Protein - Phase I Recipe Suggestions, pls!!

Options
KountryGirl4ever
KountryGirl4ever Posts: 13 Member
Following Ideal Protein, Phase I, a low-carb, protein-rich diet, and finding it's become increasingly difficult to be creative in the kitchen. The elimination of dairy, potatoes, rice, carrots, corn, peas, and any and all other food not listed on the approved /protein veggie list (which eliminates most foods not on the list since the test is IF the food contains zero cals/fats/carbs) leaves a lot to be desired for creativity. Desperately in need of recipes or suggestions to follow IP Phase I.

Much Appreciated

Replies

• jewelltg
    jewelltg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have keep it simple when I have the IP broccoli and cheese soup pack I add 1 cup of steamed broccoli to it. I grill a variety of chicken, ground chuck, and steak every weekend to supply the meat necessary for the week. I make a vegetable saute of zucchini, jalapeno pepper, portobella mushrooms, and leeks with a dash of mural of flavor (penskey spices) and little Worcestershire sauce. Some time I split my meat up between lunch and dinner. When I do that I have the grilled chicken mixed in with the mushroom soup packet adding less water and some additional mushrooms and that is delicious.
  • jewelltg
    jewelltg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried a new recipe last night and it was yummy. Kale chip, they are very easy to make. I used the curly kale and washed and dried them with paper towel since I do not have salad spinner. The kale must be dry. I then torn it off the stems in smaller pieces. Heat the oven to 275. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray now spread out the kale on the cookie sheet spray the kale with the cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt . I also added nutritional yeast (you can sprinkle with herb and seasoning of choice). Bake for 20 mins they should be crisp and the crunch kinda like a potato chip'. Very satisfying
  • KountryGirl4ever
    Options
    Wow, really...I love most greens, including spinach, but I'm not typically a fan of Kale or Collard greens... so I'm trying to think whether it would be worthwhile for me to try these. Although, I'd love to have some CHIPS right now!

Hmmmm what do you think?
  • cjlode
    cjlode Posts: 2
    Options
    what is phase 1 and how did you get it
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are wonderful! I put apple cider vinegar on them before they are finished cooking for salt and vinegar chips.
  • KountryGirl4ever
    Options
    CJ- Phase I refers to the Ideal Protein (IP) protocol, which is a low-calorie, low-carb, protien-rich diet, consisting of protein products sold/provided by IP. IP monitors dieters and their progress. IP consists of four phases, the first being Phase I, the most restrictive. Phase I restricts the dieter to approx 800-900 calories per day, as well as restricts all slow carbs, which mainly consists of any white carb, such as bread, potatoes, pasta, rice... as well as cheese, lentils, beans, corn, carrots, sweet peas, any rooted veggie, and a few others things are restricted, including sugary drinks, even diet, but allows up to (4) splenda daily. The idea behind the change in diet is achieve ketosis, the state in which the pancrease reduces the amount of insulin produced and retrains the pancreas all while the carb-starved body starts to feed off of the stored fat, thereby allowing a consistent weight loss. Dieters in Phase I eat (3) IP proteins (purchased foods) daily, (1) for breakfast, (1) for lunch along with 2 cups of unrestricted veggies, and a 3rd protein for an afternoon or evening snack, but dieters eat their own protein for dinner, along with 2 cups of unrestricted veggies. Dieters remain in Phase I until they reach 90% of their goal weight, at which time they then move into Phase II - the difference is dieters add their own protein to lunch, as well as dinner, along w/veggies. Phase II is approximately two weeks and closely resembles the first phase, as the diet still excludes carbohydrates and ketosis continues with the only difference being the dieter replaces the IP lunch protein with a lean protein of their choice. The dieter then moves to Phase III, which is a reintroduction of fast carbs, good carbs; again, this phase is short-lived and is an intermediate phase. Phase IV, maintenance, is a stabilization stage, the first step to your every day diet - maintenance is a two step process where a few restricted items, slow carbs, are allowed back in the diet with restrictions. Hope this summary helps you :)
  • HealthyCait
    Options
    If you miss chips and don't like kale another great option is turnip chips! You slice them thinly, add oil and sea salt and bake for 10 mins on 425 degrees. Another great dinner option is stuffed peppers! Slice the pepper in half and then get 8 oz of ground lean turkey. Add oregano, garlic, and onion powder to the meat. Stuff it into the pepper halves and bake for 45 mins on 425 degrees! Delicious! :)
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If you miss chips and don't like kale another great option is turnip chips! You slice them thinly, add oil and sea salt and bake for 10 mins on 425 degrees. Another great dinner option is stuffed peppers! Slice the pepper in half and then get 8 oz of ground lean turkey. Add oregano, garlic, and onion powder to the meat. Stuff it into the pepper halves and bake for 45 mins on 425 degrees! Delicious! :)

YAAAAY!! I finally found some Ideal people on here!!! :) I just did my Month 1 weigh in today and was down 16 pounds! :)

I actually just made turnips for the first time last week and they came out great!! Tonight I went through and organized A TON of good Phase 1 approved recipes! I'll start posting! :)
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Veggies

Roasted Fennel Root
    1/2 of head of cauliflower
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tsp. olive oil
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 egg, beaten
    3 green onions, chopped
    Dash of pepper

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut green tops off the fennel bulb. Cut the bulb into quarters and place in a baking dish. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes. Fennel should be soft but still have some firmness. Enjoy as a side dish or cool and slice on salads. You can do the same with celery root. Just peel

Roasted Cabbage with Lemon
    1 medium-sized head of green cabbage
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2-3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
    Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 °F. Spray a roasting pan with olive oil spray. Cut the head of the cabbage into 8 same-size wedges, cutting through the core and stem end. Then carefully trim the core strip and stem from each wedge and arrange wedges in a single layer on the roasting pan (leave some space around them as much as you can). Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Then use a pastry brush to brush the top sides of each cabbage wedge with the mixture and season generously with salt and fresh ground pepper. Turn cabbage wedges carefully, then brush the second side with the olive oil/lemon juice mixture and season with salt and pepper. Roast cabbage for about 15 minutes or until the side touching the pan is nicely browned. Then turn each wedge carefully and roast 10-15 minutes more.

Kickin’ Collard Greens
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3 slices turkey bacon
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    3 cups chicken broth
    1 pinch red pepper flakes
    1 pound fresh collard greens, cut into 2-inch pieces

Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and return to the pan. Add garlic, and cook until just fragrant. Add collard greens, and fry until they start to wilt. Pour in chicken broth, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until greens are tender.

Summer Squash with Baked Eggs
    2 pounds of summer squash (zucchini and yellow mixed)
    2 tbsp and 2 tsp olive oil (divided)
    2 shallots, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp smoked paprika, plus a little more for sprinkling
    1/2 pound tomatoes, chopped
    1/4 cup loosely packed of basil, plus a little more for garnish
    4 eggs
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 tbsp Redmond’s Real Sea Salt

Trim the ends off the squash and grate using a box grater or a food processor with the grating attachment. Combine with 1 tablespoon salt in a colander and let drain in the sink for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F. In an oven-proof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and paprika and cook, stirring, until just tender and fragrant. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the squash and add the squash to the skillet along with the tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is tender and no longer releasing liquid, about 10 minutes.
    Remove skillet from heat and stir in basil. Smooth the mixture evenly in the skillet and make four wells using the back of a spoon. Pour 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in each well. One at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl and pour into one of the wells. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika over each egg.
    Bake until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft, about 10 minutes. Garnish with basil.

Cinnamon Apples

Peel and cut a zucchini lengthwise. Seed it and then cut it crosswise into “apple slices”. Spread in a baking dish and drizzle with a little lemon and All Spice. You can add a little Splenda or Stevia to sweeten a little or use Walden Farms Apple Butter or Caramel. Warm in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until the desired softness of the “apples” is reached,
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Entrees

Pork with Cabbage
    4 lbs. of boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed of fat
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 stalks celery, cut 1/2” thick
    1 cup chopped mushrooms
    1 1/2 pounds cabbage, coarsely chopped
    1 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth

In a big, heavy skillet, start browning the pork in the oil. Place the mushrooms, garlic and celery in your slow cooker. Add the broth. When the pork is brown all over, put it on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 hours.
    When the time’s up, stir in the cabbage, pushing it down into the liquid. Re-cover the slow cooker and let it cook for another 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the pork and put it on a platter. Use a slotted spoon to pile the vegetables around the pork. Yields 8 servings.

Grilled Sesame-Soy Crusted Pork Tenderloin
    4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tbsp white wine vinegar
    2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/2 tsp sesame seeds
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 pork tenderloins (about 11⁄4 pounds each)
    2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)

Stir together garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If
    you like or have the time, marinate overnight. If not, no worries, it will still be great! Grill preparation: Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.

Oven preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes. Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Chicken, Pork and Shrimp Pancit
    1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
    1 lb pork loin, cut into small bit size pieces
    1⁄2 lb shrimp, tails removed and de-veined
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    8 green onions, diced
    2 teaspoons crushed garlic
    6-8 cups shredded green cabbage
    1⁄4 cup Tamari, soy sauce or Braggs
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    2 tablespoons fish sauce
    Black pepper to taste
    Lemon wedges

In a large wok or skillet heat the coconut oil over medium to medium high heat. When the wok or pan is nice and hot, add the chicken, pork, green onions and garlic and sauté for about 6-7 minutes or until the meat is done all the way through but still tender. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add the cabbage to the wok or pan and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 4 minutes. Add the shrimp to the cabbage and sauté together until the shrimps turn pink. Add the chicken and pork back to the veggies and pour in soy sauce, chicken broth, and fish sauce. Season with lots of black pepper. Stir well and cook for another minute or two. Serve in bowls with a lemon wedge.

Pork Chops with Mushrooms
    1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    4 pork loin chops (with bone), 1inch thick, trim all visible fat
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    Fresh ground pepper
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 cup fat free chicken stock (no MSG)
    10 oz sliced baby-bella mushrooms
    1 Tbsp dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp chopped, fresh parsley (or thyme)

In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over moderately low heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the chops and put in a warm spot. Add the stock and onion powder to the pan, stir in mustard, 1Tbsp parsley, then add mushrooms, season with fresh ground pepper and cook about 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are done. Put the chops on a platter and pour the mushroom sauce over the meat. Top with remaining parsley.

Cilantro Lime Chicken
    6 - 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    24 oz mild Salsa with no sugar
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    Juice from one lime
    2 Jalapeno peppers, finely chopped

Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over a salad or with your sides of veggies.

Quick Chicken Teriyaki
    2 pounds, boneless skinless chicken breast
    5 1/2 cups soybean sprouts
    2 cups green peppers
    4 Tbsp green onions, sliced
    2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
    2 cloves garlic, pressed
    1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or Braggs
    1 Tbsp sesame oil

Place chicken pieces in a nonstick 9” square baking dish. Mix garlic, half of the ginger and soy sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove chicken from marinade and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Boil the marinade for 1 minute and set aside. Sauté green pepper in sesame oil. Add the the other half of ginger. Add sprouts and sauté for 4 minutes. The sprouts should be very hot and start to become tender. Do not overcook. Add the boiling marinade and reduce for 2 minutes. Slice the chicken breasts and serve on a bed of sprouts. Sprinkle with green onions.

Mongolian Beef Goulash Crockpot Recipe
    2 pounds beef stew meat or lean steak cut up
    2 tbsp hot paprika
    Ground pepper
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 small red bell pepper, chopped
    1 cup diced tomatoes
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 bay leaves
    1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water

Spray crockpot with non-stick spray. Place beef in crockpot. Sprinkle the beef with paprika and pepper. Add diced tomatoes, mushrooms, broth, worcestershire sauce, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper and garlic. Place bay leaves on top. Cover on low for 6 -8 hours until beef is tender. Remove the bay leaves and add the cornstarch mixture to the stew and cook on high, until thickened - about 10 -1 5 minutes.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Ginger Chicken with Roasted Broccoli
    4 organic skinless boneless chicken thighs
    6 tbs. soy sauce
    2 tbs. ginger
    1 can chicken broth
    2 tbs. lemon juice
    2 tsp. Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
    4 cups broccoli (frozen can be used)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Marinate chicken thighs for 5-10 minutes in 4 tbs.
    of soy sauce, 1 tbs. of ginger, and the lemon juice.

While marinating prepare a baking sheet with broccoli, spray with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a few squirts of lemon juice. Put in oven at 375 for 10 minutes (my broccoli was frozen). In a sauce pan, whisk together, 2 tbs. soy sauce, 1/2-3/4 can of chicken broth, and 1 tbs. ginger. Bring to a boil, whisk in syrup and simmer until thickened. Increase oven temp to 400 degrees and continue to roast broccoli until just browned at tips of florets. Heat a skillet on med-medhigh heat and spray with olive oil or nonstick spray. Brown chicken thighs, approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Top chicken and broccoli with the ginger sauce.

Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots
    1 tsp olive oil
    4 pork loin chops (with bone), 1 inch thick, trim all visible fat
    1/2 tsp salt fresh ground pepper
    1/4 cup chopped shallots
    1 cup fat free chicken stock
    10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
    1 tbsp dijon mustard 2 tbsp
    Chopped, fresh parsley

In a large frying pan heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the chops and put in a warm spot. Add shallots to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock to deglaze the pan, stir in the mustard, 1 tbsp parsley, then add mushrooms, season with fresh pepper and cook about 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are done. Put the chops on a platter and pour the mushroom sauce over the meat, top with remaining parsley.

Chicken Adobo (crock pot meal)
    4 garlic cloves smashed
    2/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
    1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    1/2 tbsp splenda (optional)
    1 bay leaf
    Black Pepper
    8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
    2 tsp paprika
    1 large head bok choy, cut into 1-in strips
    2 scallions (thinly sliced)

In a slow-cooker, combine all ingredients except bok choy and scallions. Let it cook on low for 7-8 hrs or high for 4-5 hrs. Ten minutes before serving, if it’s on the low setting, turn it to high. Gently fold the bok choy into the chicken and cook uncovered for 3-5 minutes. Serve and sprinkle with scallions

Chicken & Spinach Soup
    6 oz of chicken breasts
    6 oz of fresh spinach
    4 cups of chicken stock
    2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp of spring onions, finely chopped

Remove the spinach stems and wash the spinach. Blanch the leaves for a few seconds in boiling water, until they are just wilted. Pour cold water over the spinach leaves. Slice the chicken breasts fairly thin.

In another pot of boiling water, cook the chicken slices for about 2 minutes, until they are white and have gone slightly firm. Drain both the spinach and the chicken. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer then add the soy sauce. Add the cooked spinach and chicken. Bring the soup back to a simmer, then add the spring onions. Serve hot.

Egg Salad
    Boil 5 Egg whites, chopped
    Spicy mustard
    Celery
    Green Peppers
    Sea Salt
    Lemon/Lime Juice

Mix with spicy mustard, celery, green peppers, sea salt and a dash of lemon or lime
    You can eat it alone or on a bed of baby spinach. Delicious!
    Add chicken or tuna and make it a protein-packed, healthy meal!

Coconut Curry Stir Fry
    2 tbsp UNREFINED, raw organic coconut oil
    3 tbsp curry powder
    1 tsp lemon juice
    chopped veggies, (broccoli, green peppers, snow peas, celery, zucchini)
    chicken strips (or shrimp/scallops)

In a skillet, warm the coconut oil and saute chicken until cooked thoroughly. Add veggies and simmer (but don’t let your veggies lose color!). Sprinkle the curry and lemon juice. Note: if using shrimp, don’t add until the end.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Salad Dressings

Rob’s Amazing Thai Peanut Sauce
    Makes about 2 1/2 cups (enough to smother 8 thin chicken breasts)
    1 cup Walden Farms Peanut Spread
    1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
    3 tbsp lime juice
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp hot sauce
    1 tbsp fresh ginger
    3 ounces minced garlic
    1/4 cup cilantro

Whisk all ingredients with a spoon.

Caesar Dressing
    Yields about 1 cup, but a serving size is still 2 tbsp.

2/3 cup (about 5 ounces) firm silken tofu
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    2 tbsp light soy or chickpea miso
    1 tbsp white wine vinegar
    1 tbsp Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic
    Ground black pepper, to taste

Put all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth.

Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 lemon, juiced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    3 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    2 tsp Splenda
    Ground black pepper, to taste

Put all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth.

Sweet Onion Dressing
    1/4 cup purple onion, finely chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 cup apple cider vinegar
    1/4 cup splenda
    1 Tbsp dried mustard
    1 tsp sea salt

Mix all ingredients together

Basic Italian Salad Dressing
    1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp white wine vinegar
    2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 tsp dried basil, crumbled
    1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
    Pinch of dried oregano

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.

Sesame Soy Dressing
    1/2 tsp Splenda or Stevia
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    tbsp rice vinegar
    2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup canola oil
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 tbsp sesame seeds

In a bowl, whisk together Splenda, soy sauce, vinegar and salt to taste. Mix the oils together in small cup and then whisk oil mixture in small stream into the soy/ vinegar mixture. Stir in the sesame seeds.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    And BTW- If any of you have NOT tried the Strawberry Wafer, its TO DIE FOR!! <3
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i thought my daily diet was strict .. LOL !!!

i gave up all processed foods and foods that have soy in them

i eat veggies, fruit, chicken, turkey, fish, brown rice pasta , wild rice, beans, cheese, organic cottage cheese, eggs and once in a while a lean steak !

i been on my diet (DIET AS IN DAILY DIET, FOOD IN TAKE - NOT DIET I DO FOR A MONTH AND QUITE) for 2 weeks so far and i love it, i made it a life style change.. i slowly gave up certain foods cause i know i was going to be eating clean for the rest of my life, and then on jan 1.. i decide this was the year i would start eating clean ,,

GOOD LUCK ..
  • angelams1019
    Options
    i thought my daily diet was strict .. LOL !!!

i gave up all processed foods and foods that have soy in them

i eat veggies, fruit, chicken, turkey, fish, brown rice pasta , wild rice, beans, cheese, organic cottage cheese, eggs and once in a while a lean steak !

i been on my diet (DIET AS IN DAILY DIET, FOOD IN TAKE - NOT DIET I DO FOR A MONTH AND QUITE) for 2 weeks so far and i love it, i made it a life style change.. i slowly gave up certain foods cause i know i was going to be eating clean for the rest of my life, and then on jan 1.. i decide this was the year i would start eating clean ,,

GOOD LUCK ..

Brit-

Yeah IP Phase 1 is INTENSE!! You pretty much can't eat anything but meat, certain vegetables, and egg whites! lol Let she said earlier, later on in the program things are introduced back into our diet to get us back on a balanced diet, but IP is definitely not for the weak minded! lol

Awesome job making those changes though! I'd love to follow your journey! My starting/goal weights are pretty close to yours (mine are higher! lol)
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    yes - lol my diet isn't for the weak minded either - very strict but i like it, i think my friend took the same ip phrase things.. i remember she couldn't eat certain foods.. it was like a detox.. or somethings!!! it worked, she lost like 35 lbs..
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    MORE POWER TO YOU GUYS, I cant follow a diet like that, would drive me crazy !
  • angelams1019
    Options
    MORE POWER TO YOU GUYS, I cant follow a diet like that, would drive me crazy !

lol I did think I was going crazy during the first 3-7 days! I felt like a crack fiend-for sugar!! lol But once you get past the first two weeks it starts to feel normal and less depressing! lol
  • HealthyCait
    Options
    Thanks for all the recipes!! I'm definitely going to try some of these out! I'm in phase 1 right now and I'm only a week into the program. I'm really looking forward to trying the chocolate pancakes! lol But as of right now I'm not finding it so hard to stick to it. However, I'm missing bread horribly!!! I'm more of a carb lover than I am a sugar addict. But as for feeling hungry I only feel like that if I work my night shift or go out for dinner with friends. I'm still trying to train my body not to over eat on these nights. :s It's nice to have more friends who are doing the same kinda diet as me! Thanks for the support!
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Thanks for all the recipes!! I'm definitely going to try some of these out! I'm in phase 1 right now and I'm only a week into the program. I'm really looking forward to trying the chocolate pancakes! lol But as of right now I'm not finding it so hard to stick to it. However, I'm missing bread horribly!!! I'm more of a carb lover than I am a sugar addict. But as for feeling hungry I only feel like that if I work my night shift or go out for dinner with friends. I'm still trying to train my body not to over eat on these nights. :s It's nice to have more friends who are doing the same kinda diet as me! Thanks for the support!

Yes- Dinner with friends will get easier. MY biggest challenge is LUNCH with friends!! Because we can only have certain veggies! Most like anywhere you go to dinner will have a nice meat and veggie option, but lunch is usually more casual, which also means the only veggie options are salads and lettuce doesn't count for anything! lol You sound like you're in very good spirits for week one which is good. I went back and forth from crying on my couch to getting angry! hahahahaha Once I got past week two it started to feel normal....Like the changes were really sticking. I miss the idea of carbs but I've found that my meals are just as satisfying without them. Eating is very much habitual, so being forced to make different choices is really eye opening. I've learned that I don't HAVE to have a baked potato when I have a steak. I can have a steak and a ton of veggies and be JUST as satisfied! :) I do still REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAALLY miss desserts! But thats where the IP Strawberry Wafer comes in! It's actually amazing!!! :)