Ideal Protein - Phase I Recipe Suggestions, pls!!

Options

Replies

• micheleeleniak
    Options
    I am having a hard time eating the protien and all the veggies is it 100% needed or can I just eat what I can and still loose weight? I have only lost 4 pounds and have been on the diet since jan 2nd and I have not cheated once???? thinking I am just going to go off??
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time eating the protien and all the veggies is it 100% needed or can I just eat what I can and still loose weight? I have only lost 4 pounds and have been on the diet since jan 2nd and I have not cheated once???? thinking I am just going to go off??

All the veggies are going to keep you satisfied (2 cups for lunch and 2 cups for dinner). I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're having trouble eating the protein. You should only be eat 8oz of meat for dinner.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Also- 4 pounds in two weeks is fine. They state that women will lose at a rate of 2-3 pounds per week. You're right on track.
  • micheleeleniak
    Options
    I had a esophagus surgery so I eat little. I cant seem to eat a full 8 oz of protien or nor can I eat 4 cups of the veggies.
    I have been eating maybe 3 to 4 oz protien and I can eat maybe 2 to 2.5 cups of veg or salad. I do get my protien packs
    in and all my water.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    I had a esophagus surgery so I eat little. I cant seem to eat a full 8 oz of protien or nor can I eat 4 cups of the veggies.
    I have been eating maybe 3 to 4 oz protien and I can eat maybe 2 to 2.5 cups of veg or salad. I do get my protien packs
    in and all my water.

I would talk to your coach about it but if you're not hungry then I guess its fine....Although you're eating a VERY minimal amount of cals per day it sounds like. Talk to your coach for advice. But like I said, you lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks which is right on track. I lost 6 pounds in week one but I also have like triple the amount of weight to lose than you do.
  • micheleeleniak
    Options
    thanks Angelams1019 I appreiate the feed back. Another dumb question, how do you do the picture under your profile that shows the flowes and weight scale?
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Honestly, I don't remember how I got the picture on there! lol I did it so long ago, but to get your ticker on all your posts, while you're in the message boards, click "settings" and it will give you the option to attach your ticker to every post
  • micheleeleniak
    Options
    thanks I found it, guess I just needed to poke around more. LOL!! :happy:
  • nhoyle95
    nhoyle95 Posts: 1
    Options
    Been on the Ideal protein for a week now and down 5 lbs, so excited for this new journey :smile: . It's hard trying to find new recipes and not eat the same thing over again.
  • samiccuci
    samiccuci Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am also a fellow IP dieter. I am a week in and my (unofficial) loss is about 7 lbs; I go for the official weigh in Wednesday. My husband and I are doing this together for the second time. We ran out of money quickly the first time around 3 years ago and couldn't continue --- but not before losing 35 lbs in a few months, which took 3 years to put back on even without transitioning out. This time we are determined to finish all phases for better success in keeping the weight off. My better half has the diet of a ten year old, and is not keen on vegetables and repetitive meals, so finding recipes that taste satisfying for him has become quite a challenge. Here are some recipes I've gathered from last time and from my new coach:

Turkey Stuffed Green Peppers

Ingredients:
    2 green peppers, cut in half, stemmed and seeded
    1 lb ground turkey
    Olive oil
    1 egg white
    1 tsp sea salt
    3 tsp Mrs. Dash
    3 Tbsp Heinz 1 carb ketchup

Coat a 13x9 inch pan with a little bit of nonstick spray rubbed in the bottom. Rub the peppers inside and out with a little Olive Oil and sprinke with Sea Salt. Take a package of ground turkey and add egg white, Sea Salt, Mrs. Dash and ketchup. Stuff the peppers then drizzle with a little bit more olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit more salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered. Check to make sure the center gets to 165 degrees before taking out of oven.

Zucchini Chips

3 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch chips
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    Sea salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450. Toss zucchini with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer on a jelly roll pan. Roast on one side for 7 minutes. Flip and roast on other side for 7 minutes.

Skillet Turnips
    2 turnips
    ½ cup bell pepper
    ¼ cup celery
    1 tsp sea salt
    Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
    2 tsp olive oil

Peel and dice turnips into small cubes. Put them in a skillet with the olive oil. Add diced pepper and diced celery. Add sea salt and other seasonings as it begins cooking down. Finish with dried rosemary.

Italian Shrimp

1/8 cup olive oil
    ¼ cup WF Italian dressing
    2 Tbsp minced garlic
    1 lb raw shrimp
    2 cups of favorite veggie
    1 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp basil
    1 tsp Italian seasoning
    sprinkle of red pepper flakes

Pour olive oil and dressing into large skillet and stir until mixed over medium heat. Add garlic, seasonings and veggies, and stir until mixed. Add shrimp and cook for ten minutes or so until shrimp are pink.

Whole Chicken in the Crockpot

1 large roasting chicken
    4 tsp salt
    2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp thyme
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp white pepper
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    ½ tsp black pepper
    1 cup chopped onion

Combine the spices in a small bowl. Remove the giblets and clean chicken. Rub spice mixture on the chicken under the skin. Place in a large resealable bag and place in refrigerator overnight (can skip if in a hurry). When ready to cook, place chopped onions in the bottom of the crock pot. Add the chicken (no liquid needed) and cook on low for 4-8 hours. Optional: place shallots and lemon in the cavity.

Roasted Garlic Mashed Fauxtatoes

1 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower
    5-7 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Fold a piece of foil in thirds. Place the garlic and olive oil in the foil and seal like a packet. Place garlic in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes. Take packet out of the oven. Using a saucepan and steamer, steam the cauliflower until tender. Place in a bowl, and put a saucepan on at medium. Puree the garlic and cauliflower in a food processor until smooth. Return to the saucepan to cook for 5 more minutes.
  • dancinfavabean
    Options
    How do I subscribe to ideal protein website? Just stated 2 weeks ago and lost 6.5 pounds. Really thought I would have lost more with the way everyone else has lost. Need help. Do not want to give yo
  • samiccuci
    samiccuci Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know about subscribing to the site. Do you have a "coach"? We attend a nearby center (some people attend chiropractor or doctor's offices), and there is a registered dietician who oversees the process and helps ensure that we are following the plan and gives suggestions about how to maximize our weight loss. Typically the weight loss is 3-7 pounds per week; the first week is usually a bigger loss, but not always.
  • Wendeesaunders
    Options
    I am starting the Ideal Protein diet for the second time - I did Phase 1 the first time and was in the best shape of my life - I was finally lean and rid of my cellulite - I think I got overly excited because I never did Phases 2-4. I have gained my weight back along with the cellulite on my butt and thighs. I am starting Monday!!

Does anyone know how long each phase is supposed to last?
  • amandasdoremus
    amandasdoremus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried also to find out where you sign in to the Ideal Protein Website, I have a coach but I don't see him until next week and he is never in the office. Looking for support online.
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Paleo cook books have some really good recipes for high protein low carb diets. There are also some really good recipes in the Ducan diet book.
  • tbone39
    tbone39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 - Until you reach your 100% of your goal weight.
    Phase 2 - 2 IP packets and 2 regular low carb meals. (1 - 3 weeks)
    Phase 3 - Carbs are reintroduced (2 weeks)
    Phase 4 - Maintenance

More information can be found at this site:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.htmlhttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html
  • meganmarkworth
    Options
    bump
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Following Ideal Protein, Phase I, a low-carb, protein-rich diet, and finding it's become increasingly difficult to be creative in the kitchen. The elimination of dairy, potatoes, rice, carrots, corn, peas, and any and all other food not listed on the approved /protein veggie list (which eliminates most foods not on the list since the test is IF the food contains zero cals/fats/carbs) leaves a lot to be desired for creativity. Desperately in need of recipes or suggestions to follow IP Phase I.

Much Appreciated

There's a Pinterest board that is amazing with recipes, let me know if you are interested.
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am starting the Ideal Protein diet for the second time - I did Phase 1 the first time and was in the best shape of my life - I was finally lean and rid of my cellulite - I think I got overly excited because I never did Phases 2-4. I have gained my weight back along with the cellulite on my butt and thighs. I am starting Monday!!

Does anyone know how long each phase is supposed to last?

Phase 1 is until you reach 90% of your goal.
    Then Phase 2 for 2 weeks, phase 3 a week, then you are in phase 4 or maintenance
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump