Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My hair is falling out...

2»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I lost almost all the hair from my temples and across the top of my head. I looked like a man with a receding hairline. I was so self-conscious. I started taking oral Biotin (3000 mcg a day, preferably the oral disintegrating kind) available at Walmart (Natrol brand) found with the vitamins. I also went to a health food store and bought biotin shampoo and conditioner. I got Mill Creek brand. It is the only one that listed biotin as the second ingredient. The others had biotin listed way down on the ingredients list. In 6 months my hair is growing back wonderfully. It is still a tiny bit thin at the temples, but the rest is wavy and thick. I wish I had pics I could show you. I hope this helps.

My edges are aweful too. When you say Oral biotin are you talking about a pill or lotion/grease?
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    My problem was an iron deficiency, I now eat a fortified cereal since the vitamins made horribly sick, and my hair stopped falling out.