Up for a Summer Challange??? 20 lbs by August 31st

Options

Replies

• TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options

I'm concentrating on cardio as well this month and I have to tell you about something that I did for the first time yesterday! I pulled up some Tae Bo videos online and worked out for a whole hour! It may actually be the most INTENSE cardio that I've ever done. I had heard about them and really wanted to try it out before I went out and invested in the program. I must have burned anywhere from 600-700 calories (according to MFP)! It was amazing and I'll definitely be doing more of it. :bigsmile:
    I love taebo!! That's how I've been getting my cardio in!! Of course I am so out of shape that my Favorite Taebo is still sitting on the shelf. I couldn't finish the workout. UGH!! But I did find a "Believers Workout Taebo" on netflix and I am loving it. He really pushes you to finish the workout!!!

He really does, doesn't he?! I did the Abs bootcamp yesterday and whoaaa...it was amazing! I get so pumped up just thinking about the workouts - lol, is that weird?! Oh well, so be it. :laugh:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I haven't posted at all this week. Just read through some of the posts and it sounds like everyone is doing a great job so far! Keep up the good work!

I've lost 3 lbs since I started this challenge and I'm pretty excited about it! I've been trying very hard to get this stubborn weight off!

Welcome to our summer challange kvcarden, johnsjackie, Doitforbaby120808, JenUB, vanimami, magglett, Susanhs6, musicisluvxo, bcdavis! Good luck on your weight loss journey! I wish you the best :happy:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

MFP Starting weight: 270 (2/09)
    Starting weight : 228 (6/09)
    Current weight: 225
    Goal weight: 210

I had a good week. Here's to another! :happy:
  • stjohnspark
    Options
    Are you guys gearing up for the third weigh in tomorrow???? I love and dread Fridays at the same time.
    My week so far has been going great even it's TTOTM I don't think I've gained any, maybe a little water weight.
    Happy to report my workouts are steady and I'm being so vigilent with my diet.
    Have the biggest blister on my heel, KILLS when I'm on the treadmill sigh!

What's new with you guys???:tongue:
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    Worried about weigh in tommorrow. Had a root canal done yesterday so I didn't much! I hope I can get the motivation to do some cardio tonight. I really want to have at least lost 1.5 lbs!!! Im going to florida July 9th for a vacation and want to look great in the photos on the beach in my Post Baby Body! I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN

OOOhh in need motivation!!!!!
  • cgallegos
    cgallegos Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm fairly late, but nothing like a good challenge to keep you motivated.
    SW 168
    CW 158
    Goal weight 140
  • ragos97
    ragos97 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I just started today with this awesome website and message boards. I would love to get in on this challenge. I know I definitely need the extra motivation and accountability. Great idea!

Starting Weight: 185.6
    Current Weight: 185.6
    Goal Weight: 135
    Working out: 5 days/25 min
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    Checking-in. My weight this week is 203.4. I lost only .2 pound from last week. I exercised for a total of 650 minutes this week (June 5-11). I am going to be out of town for the next 3 weeks. I hope to still make check in each Friday. It is going to be hard for me to get my exercise in since going to the gym helps me stay on track.
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    Ugh....I've been dreading this day. This week has just been all out of sorts. I'm trying to quit smoking!!! I have not exercised anything like the weeks before. However I have not gained or lost this week. So, that was a little motivation.

Age--26

Start Weight--215

5/29 weight-- 210

6/05 weight --206

Current Weight --- 206

8/31 Goal Weight--195

Goal Weight--165

Minutes/Days Exercised This Week--140 minutes
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm down another 2lbs this week! Weeeeeeeeeeee! I new i just needed a challenge to motivate me to get on track! :bigsmile:

Age- 33
    Challenge start weight -187
    5/29 - 187
    6/05 - 183
    Current weight - 181
    8/31 goal - 167

Exercise - cardio 45min/3 days; strength 60 min/3days
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Happy Weigh Day everyone! :bigsmile:

Starting Weight (1/09): 183
    Current Weight: 160 (Lost 2 this week)!!!!!!
    Challenge Goal Weight: 142
    Final Goal Weight: 135
    Work Out Goal: 150 min/week

I exceeded my work out goal this week. I planned on 150 min, but did 210 min!

Here's to another week! Keep up the great work everyone!!

:flowerforyou: Pip
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!

Age 25
    Starting weight (05-03): 163.5
    Currant weight: 155
    Challenge Goal weight :140
    Days/minutes of exercise: 364 mins (including today will be...) 424 mins
  • hoguewild
    hoguewild Posts: 12
    Options
    Missed the weigh in last week (but had a good reason, got whisked away on a 5 year wedding anniversary trip :love: ). Unfortunately, my scale is refusing to budge.

Starting Weight (06/01/09): 176
    Current Weight: 171
    Challenge Goal Weight: 156
    Final Goal Weight: 145
    Work Out Total: 331 min

So because of our trip, last week was a wash. No one's fault but my own, I'll take the ownership. Back on track this week, eating well and getting my exercise in. Maybe I'll see something positive on the scale next week...
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers!! Keep up the hard work yall!!! :smooched:
  • tracee0812
    Options
    im in!!!!
  • tracee0812
    Options
    im in!!! i know im late as hell but oh well!!
    cw:243
    gw:180
    exercise:5 times/30mins
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    im in!!! i know im late as hell but oh well!!
    cw:243
    gw:180
    exercise:5 times/30mins

:flowerforyou: LOL, better late than never! Good Luck!!! :smile:
  • maladie
    maladie Posts: 12
    Options
    20lbs in 2.5 months is alot to loose, idk. I'll give it a shot tho!
    sw/cw: 153
    gw: <130
    exercise: 5x 90 min
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Another week, another pound. Yea, me!!! I hope everyone is having a great weigh-in today.

SW: 165
    CW: 163
    GW 8/31: 145
    GW 9/30: 140
    Exercise 6/5-6/11: Walked 250 min. for a total of 12.5 miles. Worked out with my trainer at the gym for a total of 3 hrs.
  • stfne92
    stfne92 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just found this post and decided better late than never!!!

Starting Weight (05/15/09): 165
    Current Weight: 155
    Challenge Goal Weight: 149
    Final Goal Weight: 140

226043.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter