Women lifting ....

Options
13»

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Crap! This means I have to stop working out with my husband because he pushes me and "forces" me to lift heavy! Dang it all!

In all honesty I'm kind of shocked that this came from a woman, let alone a doctor.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    60 kilos, dont you mean 6?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Did you really not just laugh in her face, explosively and unvoluntarily? You have better self control than I, if so. People. Y U SO STUPID?!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Too funny....I feel sorry for her partner b/c he must have to do EVERYTHING for her...Crazy!!
  • misslaney
    misslaney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, sounds like nonsense to me.

Seriously, if your physio operates from a booth at the mall, find a new one lass.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So did your physio weight like 40kgs?

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    3kgs is 6.6lbs.

Suggesting a women's body isn't 'designed' to carry a weight that's less than the average 6mth old is crazy talk.

I'd bet your handbag weighs more.

Heck my baby was over 8 lbs when he was born and is over 14 lbs now at 3 months! Then put him in his carrier and there is another 10 lbs! I'd be screwed if we weren't designed to carry more than 6.6 lbs!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    3 kg = 6.6 pounds?

Your physiotherapist is seriously misinformed.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    3kgs is 6.6lbs.

Suggesting a women's body isn't 'designed' to carry a weight that's less than the average 6mth old is crazy talk.

I'd bet your handbag weighs more.

My handbag, my 3 and 5 year olds (heck, as newborns they were too heavy for my frail feminine frame), my dogs, laundry. Wait, this could be a good thing, can't do laundry anymore hubby, me's just a week little woman! He He!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    lol - everyone stop what you're doing... Women are pretty little flowers that mustn't do too much lest their limbs begin to disintegrate...

Obviously a man that takes over the cleaning, cooking, chores, etc. He's a keeper! :love:

Can you please bring in the grocery bags? They're a bit heavy! OK...back to my push presses!

Haha secretly guys love to bring in the grocery bags - that way we can do it in one go and show you how strong we are lol
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Wow... that is scary. I am glad everything worked out.

I see woman at the gym pregnant all the time. I saw one and I asked her when she was due and she had said in 3 weeks. She looked awesome, she had just a belly and looked very healthy. I haven't had kids, but if ever I do, I hope I am able to still work out.

Now they say that, barring any medical conditions, you should keep doing what your body was used to doing before getting pregnant. I think they have you back off ab isolation exercises starting in the 2nd trimester, but don't quote me there.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    So did your physio weight like 40kgs?

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

She's pretty tiny, but maybe 45kg. :huh: LOL

I'm off to see my 'big burly' personal trainer today, I'll let him know I need the pink weights. :laugh:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    lol - everyone stop what you're doing... Women are pretty little flowers that mustn't do too much lest their limbs begin to disintegrate...

Obviously a man that takes over the cleaning, cooking, chores, etc. He's a keeper! :love:

Can you please bring in the grocery bags? They're a bit heavy! OK...back to my push presses!

Haha secretly guys love to bring in the grocery bags - that way we can do it in one go and show you how strong we are lol

Seriously. I believe this. I try to get like 5 bags in each hand but my husband is like "RAWR NO LET ME GET DEEZ BAGZ!!!11" >.> It's kinda scary sometimes.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Seriously. I believe this. I try to get like 5 bags in each hand but my husband is like "RAWR NO LET ME GET DEEZ BAGZ!!!11" >.> It's kinda scary sometimes.

It's true, we can't club dinosaurs to prove our masculinity any more, this is practically us dragging the day's hunting home...