Zombies, Run! (running app)

Options
123457»

Replies

• alyssa_molina
    Options
    hated running but this app is totally awesome!!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into this - does it give you a rough time length of each mission? I know from what you've said you can keep running as long as you'd like and continue to pick up items, but I'd hate to use it during a morning jog and only get to the "OH CRAP" part of the story when I need to be finishing up.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm going to download this app! I love zombies :)
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    SO, its worth the $8 then?
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded this on Android the other day. First chance for a run tonight so I'll be giving mission 1 a go...

Can you piggyback missions together? Or just start the 2nd mission straight away? Or do you need to use the stuff you've picked up before you can go again?
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I did the last 10 min of mission 1, played with my phone to start mission 2. Once I was done, I kept running even though mission was completed. Zombies still came and there was still a story going on for me, but not mission related.... I still haven't done anything with my items. I'm hoping I'll be led or asked to do something in an upcoming mission.

To a pp, if you only have an allotted time to run, you can stop your mission and pick it up another day. I had to do that with mission 1 in fact. It's fun and my husband made me a scary playlist which is motivating. I hate this sort of genre but honestly, I'm looking forward to Mission 3 already!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I've done 2 missione and I'd say they were each worth at least $2 a piece and there are many more to go. It's like (better?) than an audiobook.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Anybody got to the last mission??

I'm so confused... is it really how it ends?? :noway:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Let's be careful with spoilers here people.....

Oh, also there are meant to be multiple 'seasons' being created so there should be more coming.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until it comes to Android! :)

I use it on Android?
  • nananie2
    Options

Let's be careful with spoilers here people.....

Oh, also there are meant to be multiple 'seasons' being created so there should be more coming.

You're right... I wouldn't want to spoil it for other people, I'm just not sure if mission 23 is indeed the last one of season 1.

No details on the story needed...
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

$8 to get excited about running was, for me, well worth it. I've gotten literally hours of enjoyment out of this app. And I also ask myself how often I spend $4 on a latte or something equally worthless and yeah, for me it is.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You're right... I wouldn't want to spoil it for other people, I'm just not sure if mission 23 is indeed the last one of season 1.

No, it's not! More are being released, 30 total for season 1. Just wait for an update coming later this month.

Also, SO EXCITED for this (as part of the June update):

ZombieLink

Seeing your run on a map is cool, but you know what’s even cooler?

Playing back zombie chases to see how much you speed up when the horde is nipping at your heels. Seeing all story and game events plotted on the map. Discovering which music tracks make you run faster and slower. Personalising and annotating your run history with fact and fiction. Visiting and improving your base, browsing the Codex and sharing your runs, all online.

That’s what’s cool. And guess what? It’s all free and it works across all platforms. We’ll be supporting ZombieLink on iOS later this month and Android players will have it working from today, with map view coming later this month."

(details here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sixtostart/zombies-run-a-running-game-and-audio-adventure-for/posts)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Saving this thread so I can come back to the playlist!
  • nananie2
    Options

No, it's not! More are being released, 30 total for season 1. Just wait for an update coming later this month.

Also, SO EXCITED for this (as part of the June update):

ZombieLink

Seeing your run on a map is cool, but you know what’s even cooler?

Playing back zombie chases to see how much you speed up when the horde is nipping at your heels. Seeing all story and game events plotted on the map. Discovering which music tracks make you run faster and slower. Personalising and annotating your run history with fact and fiction. Visiting and improving your base, browsing the Codex and sharing your runs, all online.

That’s what’s cool. And guess what? It’s all free and it works across all platforms. We’ll be supporting ZombieLink on iOS later this month and Android players will have it working from today, with map view coming later this month."

(details here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sixtostart/zombies-run-a-running-game-and-audio-adventure-for/posts)

There are 30 missions, but only 23 story missions, and 7 supply missions.

Knowing that it ends there for now.......... how am I supposed to wait for season 2 now?!? lol
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm going to download this tonight. Sounds awesome!
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Used it for the first time tonight and I really liked it! I hate running, but this kept me going a lot longer than I normally would have and made it enjoyable. Totally worth the money!!
  • canoecrazy
    canoecrazy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note, if that happens and it doesn't reconnect playlist or story line right away after a call or any interruption, you can hit pause at bottom left and resume, without restarting mission :)