Team Gale or Team Peeta?

Options

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Also, I'd like to throw Team Cinna out there because HELLO LENNY KRAVITZ.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Team Peeta!!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Also, I'd like to throw Team Cinna out there because HELLO LENNY KRAVITZ.
    Oooh....I like the way you think!! Cinna is yummy! :heart:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Team Gale. Plus Liam is way hotter... even if he dates Miley Cyrus i can get passed that if he can get passed me being engaged lol.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Team Peeta!!!
  • giddybutterfly
    Options
    havent seen it yet - but both my daughters left for school today with I LOVE PEETA shirts on....so Im saying Team Peeta...
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    Definitely Team Peeta!

I kind of equate Gale to Jacob in the Twilight Series. The best friend, better matched, etc. But Edward was always "the one."
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I only just finished the first book, so for now I am teem Peeta. We will see if that changes after I devour the second two books this weekend!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Team Peeta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    SPOILERSS!!!

I think I'm the only one who hated Peeta from the beginning. I blame him for everything horrible that happened to Katniss (aside from Prim being chosen at the reaping)

Maybe not, but I think Katniss is strong enough to win the Hunger Games. Alone. Without having to pretend like she was in love with Peeta. That wasn't fair to her, and although in the movie you didn't see it very much, she was very confused about that and didn't really decide what her feeling were for Peeta until Mockingjay. And that was by default, she felt she couldn't choose Gale. She was intent on killing him until he introduced his love story. I don't know if she would have ended with Gale or not, but they were a better match, and had she just killed Peeta, her, Gale, Prim, etc etc could have run away like Gale always said they would. She started a fire by giving Rue a "burial" and the revolution still had potential to happen. Without creating a messy love triangle.

Blahhh sorry for the rant, he just makes me so angry.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i wanted to bandwagon, so I looked them up :tongue:

based solely on looks, Team Peeta, Gale looks like a Jonas Brother, lol
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    From what I read in the book, I didn't get the feeling that Katniss was even into Peeta like that. I mean I thought it was all for the sponsors. But I guess having to care and keep someone alive could make you fall in love with them? I need to reread the book before I go on to any others.

Yeah but to stay on topic team Peeta, Gale should have told her how he felt b4 she left when he had those 3 mins.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I always liked Gale better in the books, but I felt like he kinda gave up at the end. And all that b-s (SPOILER ALERT) about him being in/directly responsible for the ACCIDENT that would keep Katniss from ever loving him. All felt like a cop-out so they could wrap it up with a happily ever after. That, and I'm always a much bigger sucker for dark hair and broody eyes.
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    SPOILERSS!!!

I think I'm the only one who hated Peeta from the beginning. I blame him for everything horrible that happened to Katniss (aside from Prim being chosen at the reaping)

Maybe not, but I think Katniss is strong enough to win the Hunger Games. Alone. Without having to pretend like she was in love with Peeta. That wasn't fair to her, and although in the movie you didn't see it very much, she was very confused about that and didn't really decide what her feeling were for Peeta until Mockingjay. And that was by default, she felt she couldn't choose Gale. She was intent on killing him until he introduced his love story. I don't know if she would have ended with Gale or not, but they were a better match, and had she just killed Peeta, her, Gale, Prim, etc etc could have run away like Gale always said they would. She started a fire by giving Rue a "burial" and the revolution still had potential to happen. Without creating a messy love triangle.

Blahhh sorry for the rant, he just makes me so angry.

I agree I felt like she couldn't choose Gale. I'm pretty sure somewhere in the book she said she didn't really feel like she ever had a choice. And I didn't take it as the "my heart fell so strongly for him i couldn't change it" but that she was stuck in the love story situation Peeta presented in the beginning and she couldn't get out of it. I mean, considering all of the lies (the pregnancy!) she couldn't pick Gale without looking like a horrible person to everyone but the people closest to her.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Book: I thought Katniss/Peeta was the most clumsily-written romance I've ever read, and the ending was completely unconvincing.

Movie: Gale only had like 2 scenes. And her chemistry with Peeta was not great. In fact based on the movie alone, I didn't really care about any of the characters.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I want to be on Team Katniss if at all possible.
    I'm with you (as you can tell from my MFP name--and I know, I know I misspelled it!) I listened to the books (before I read them) and when I picked my name, I just guessed at the spelling...bummer....
    And in terms of Gale vs. Peeta--I agree that Peeta's movie version wasn't nearly as attractive (in all ways, not just physically) as Gale--book Peeta was much more charming, caring, endearing---you'd be able to understand why Katniss was so torn.
    Regardless--LOVED the movie--it's a challenge to take a book that is so enthralling and create a movie that lives up to one's imagination, but I thought it met and exceeded that challenge.
    Read the books, see the movie--you don't have to be a teen to get hooked (I'm 45!!)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,415 Member
    Options
    Team Gale all the way. Peeta was way too short (and nice) in the movie! Loved the books except hated the series ending and thought the movie was a good adaptation.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    However, Gale (in the movie) is way hotter. I have a hard time seeing Peeta as anything but the boy in Bridge to Terebithia. Hoping this will change when I see the movie...
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I've actually not seen the movie yet... but finished the entire trilogy in like a week... Peeta just loves her soooooooo much!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Definitely Team Gale! Yes, Peeta does love her, but she does not love him in that way. I feel she more so views him as a wounded bird. I have read the series three times, and Gale is just a more formidable match for her.