Jillian Michaels Body Revolution success!

Options

Replies

• Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail! I can't wait to start. Glad to hear it's working for others. Thanks for posting!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am supposed to receive the DVDs today...! I was wondering if I have to have weights with me to start the work out...?
    If so, what's the weight (lb) I would need to get?

I use 5lb and 8lb weights so far. I'm in week 2, you start with weights right away in workout 1.
  • Anu_mee13
    Anu_mee13 Posts: 73
    Options
    That's awesome! I'll follow your blog! Lately, I've been into exercises that can change, and tone the shape of my body. I completed the 30 DS this past Saturday, and I see a change in my body shape. I just may purchase the Revolution!!! You're motivating me to keep pushing!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Are these okay for ppl that are really out of shape or should I wait until I am more active?

If you're worried about your fitness level you can start with something like 30 Day Shred which has a smaller initial investment ($9 at Target or Walmart). I've done it and had good results. I know it's only 20 minutes per workout but don't let that fool you. It's tough.

You have to be committed though because a lot quit before Level 2 and that's when you really see results. Blogging about your progress will help.

I'm doing Ripped In 30 now (but also traning for a half marathon) so haven't devoted all of the time I need to. However, I may do BR after this. I love a challenge :)
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am supposed to receive the DVDs today...! I was wondering if I have to have weights with me to start the work out...?
    If so, what's the weight (lb) I would need to get?

You do need weights. I have 3, 5 and 8 pound dumbbells because she mixes it up constantly telling you heavy weight, medium weight, light weight, etc. When you first start you may not be able to use the 8 pounder at first, but you will definitely be able to move up to that pretty quickly. I am on the second week of Phase 2 and I absolutely love how i feel and the progress that I am making. This program was worth every penny and I can't wait to see what I look like at the end of the 90 days! In just the first 30 days I lost 14 pounds and countless inches, including my big problem area, which is back fat and I am happy to say that my back fat is almost completely gone! Jillian rocks and you won't be disappointed! Good work everyone! Keep at it!! :drinker:
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love Body Revolution! I was getting bored of 30DS, but with BR, I have actually laughed out loud at some parts. I have only been using it for a week but cant see me getting bored with it. You switch between DVDs so you arent doing the same workout everyday. I hate working out, but BR actually makes me want to get out of bed and workout. LOVE IT and glad to hear people are having success with it! Good luck everyone!
  • mduran6618
    Options
    Hello, so I was wondering. I am on week 3 of Jillian Michaels Revolution. The first week, I lost 7 pounds, but week 2 I lost nothing, and week 3 so far nothing. I didn't take my measurements, but I can definitely say that my jeans are fitting looser on my waist, and I'm definitely toner. But even though I'm toner, I was really looking forward to loosing pounds. Is this normal? Will I lose pounds more into the program? Should I worry that I am doing something wrong? I do skip alot of meals, but I definitely don't eat more than 1200 calories daily. Help!!!
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This is great news! Keep it up! I am doing the BR too but my weakness is keeping up with the diet. I crave such unhealthy foods that I am undermining my own progress. But it's good to see other people having such success with it. It's very motivating!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I ordered it today. I can't wait until it comes!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I ordered my dvds today. However, I'm not sure where I get the weights and how much. Can someone inbox me info please. Thanks!
  • arogers98
    arogers98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Target
  • bogotachica
    Options
    We ordered it! We are working on week 1 of Ripped and will start BR after that @ May 5. Very excited to get it!
  • LeeAnnL1220
    LeeAnnL1220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 3 of my kickstart week. I am 52 yrs old and at least 50 lbs overweight. I started out with weight watchers lost a few pounds, but with no real exercise plan or healthy eating requirements, it was too easy to cheat. Started walking the first of the year and cleaned up the worst of my bad eating habits and lost a few more pounds. JMBR was what I needed. Everything is spelled out. You know her plan can get results, so I am committed. It is tough, kickstart week has no flour or sugar or fruit. I am continuing to walk plus there are 2workouts a day. I am sore and tired and I feel great! If I can do this anyone can!
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!! congrats
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    After hearing you all talk I might do this instead of P90X! Has anyone done that program?? I really would like to lose weight as well as tone up and I'm thinking BR might be the route to take.. any suggestions??
  • jacksonde24
    jacksonde24 Posts: 103
    Options
    I ordered mine and hope to get it this week. Please feel free to add me.
  • iavellaneda33
    Options
    I think this workout is great for anyone. I am on my first week and I was out of shape, but have been pushing myself because I want a great body!!!! Jillian Michael also motivates you a lot. on workout two there is a women on there who has three children and I have three children. When I found out she had three children and had her body it motivated me to push myself even more. I am really pumped about the next several months. I just look at mfp stories to motivate myself and push myself to keep going.:smile::heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jlb0501
    jlb0501 Posts: 2
    Options
    No, thats one of the great things about this plan. She starts you off with building small muscles and working on stability that will help you as you progress into the next phases. I am in the first week and am in OK shape and i find them easy and will do the harder modifications but my boyfriend is in terrible shape but he can still do all the moves and he actually likes it! I appreciate that she is taking the time to build your muscles for the harder phases. If you like her other video, YOU WILL LOOOOOOVE Revolution. A really awesome workout.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just sent my hubby a link, that's a good present for our anniversary that's coming up :) The workouts seem great!! I love that they are 30 min long!! I've been doing ChaLean Extreme, they are great workouts. For the most part they are 30 min but there are a few that are 40-45min. I have kids, anything longer 30 doesnt work out so great.
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just started yesterday jmbr programm. Till now I am super motivated. I have to lose a lot...and I will!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!